The Last of Us...they did it

Dan E. Dangerously

This board...it's my note
Maude
Parks And Recreation Fist Pump GIF by PlayStation

I'm still in shock they basically just re-shot the cutscenes with live actors instead of mo-cap. I wish they didn't have to ditch the spores aspect of the infection but I get it.

It's amazing what can happen when tv/movie studios treat the source material of a beloved IP with dignity. You get a great product.

Interesting theory on origin of fungus, which the game didn't really address.

Advertisement
Parks And Recreation Fist Pump GIF by PlayStation

I'm still in shock they basically just re-shot the cutscenes with live actors instead of mo-cap. I wish they didn't have to ditch the spores aspect of the infection but I get it.

It's amazing what can happen when tv/movie studios treat the source material of a beloved IP with dignity. You get a great product.

Interesting theory on origin of fungus, which the game didn't really address.

I was expecting to be disappointed, even though there were some initial positive reports, but I’m very pleased so far. This is going to be a good one as long as the writing keeps up.

Any good sites where you can stream HBO shows for free? While I'd like to see this, I'm not getting HBO just for this show. I don't watch a lot of tv as it is.

Any good sites where you can stream HBO shows for free? While I'd like to see this, I'm not getting HBO just for this show. I don't watch a lot of tv as it is.
Gomovies might have it. Watch a lot of newer movies on there that I don’t want to pay to see in theaters

Advertisement
Just started playing Pt.2 today.

Pilot episode was a little slow but it was awesome as a fan of the game. The scene in the truck while they race out of town, just like the game. Even the details of the street signs. Killed it.

The casting is awesome too. Bella Ramsey sounds exactly like video game Ellie. And we all probably remember her from GoT loll

Advertisement

Druckman seems to indicate season 2 will follow the 2nd game.

I hope they can finesse Part II's story to make it better. Its story probably works better on TV than as a videogame. It makes me wonder if we get introduced to Abby at the end of this season.

Last edited:
I kept thinking to myself that Ellie looked familiar, and then I realized that she was that little girl from GOT. She’s good in both roles, even though the GOT role was basically one or two episodes. She was really good and cute in GOT as a little leader.

I kept thinking to myself that Ellie looked familiar, and then I realized that she was that little girl from GOT. She’s good in both roles, even though the GOT role was basically one or two episodes. She was really good and cute in GOT as a little leader.
She was great in that. She beat out Millie Bobby Brown for that role in the audition, who was then available to be cast as Eleven in Stranger Things.

She was great in that. She beat out Millie Bobby Brown for that role in the audition, who was then available to be cast as Eleven in Stranger Things.

Interesting, I did not know that. They’re both very talented young ladies. Bella Ramsey really stood out in GOT, it was a combination of her unique look, her acting ability, and she’s just as adorable as a little puppy in GOT, but also tough as nails at the same time. It was really a very unique role and performance , and she nailed the **** out of it.

My wife and I wanted to immediately adopt her after seeing her for the first time.LOL

Advertisement
I never played the game, but I really enjoyed the first two episodes...

For anybody whose seen Episode 3 & played the game, was this relationship in the game?

E3 was quite different. But, objectively I think it showed that humanity survived the pandemic. There were some flaws but it created opportunities for future episodes. The girl is killing it. She has just the right moxie and curiosity. I think her odd look actually allows you to view her as the special-oddity she appears to be. I hate waiting a week for E4.

I never played the game, but I really enjoyed the first two episodes...

For anybody whose seen Episode 3 & played the game, was this relationship in the game?
It was in the game, but it was done very differently. I think I still prefer the game version Bill (voiced by W. Earl Brown from Deadwood) , but I really liked episode 3.

When you meet Bill he is exactly like he is at the beginning of episode 3. Although I think they made him a prepper on the show to explain how Bill is so apt to survive in the apocalypse. Bill HATES Ellie and makes reference to a partner he used to have that he was burdened by having to look out for him. He tells Joel that his babysitting Ellie reminds him of that, and how his life is now easier being alone. Later, you find Frank's body after he committed suicide. Bill fights back tears and notices that Frank was bit, so he probably did it to avoid turning. So Bill being *** is more of a surprise. His personality is completely different from the stereotypical *** character, and you realize when Bill said he had a partner, he meant Partner. The game is also more sad, because after finding Frank's body, you can also find his suicide note. In the letter, Frank says he always hated Bill and would rather be dead than spend any more time with him.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Can someone give me a quick overview? (haven't started yet and have never played the game)
World ends because of illness. People try to survive. The main characters try to cross the country to reach a "safe place". If you like post -apocalyptic fiction, you will like this. If you are into Old English romances, not so much.

Advertisement
Back