The Immediate Target is James

We need new fans as well... So I'll do the favor and temporarily take myself out until we get a new AD and or a competent coach. Roll Tide, Go Ducks!
I remember when people from Miami would criticize other fans for not going to games

I’m like if you think I’m paying for this and rewarding this ****** behavior, you’re wrong

Advertisement
Yeah cuz I don’t watch college baseball but I thought I use to see Miami in those college playoffs on ESPN flickin thru channels some years back
Yeah what @Rellyrell said. Most of us are on here because of football and our history there. But if you take in to consideration our baseball history, Mark Light Field (those that know about the milkshakes know), and our baseball recruiting base, we are one of those “blue blood” programs in the country. Kinda similar to what Bama, ND, Texas, LSU, OSU are in football.

Advertisement
This is beyond in the weeds but remember the effing name Heather Lyke at Pitt IF we ever get rid of Blake. She (ridiculously) has respect within the conference and I believe got an interview at Michigan State for their AD opening. Would be exactly the kind of garbage hire that we'd make.

Not just blake james but the entire upper level of the Athletic Department must go. Culture change is needed.
Kill it with fire. Send James Jackson’s Brother.

48B116D1-7F6F-43C1-B879-B841C01BA32B.gif

Yeah what @Rellyrell said. Most of us are on here because of football and our history there. But if you take in to consideration our baseball history, Mark Light Field (those that know about the milkshakes know), and our baseball recruiting base, we are one of those “blue blood” programs in the country. Kinda similar to what Bama, ND, Texas, LSU, OSU are in football.
In baseball, it's amazing how spoiled our fanbase is. In a sport where Miami is at a even worse competitive disadvantage(Scholarship restrictions makes playing baseball at Miami expensive for the typical student-athlete, compared to a comparable state school), Miami has been postseason regulars for decades. Despite his flaws, Dimare has done some good, recruiting has taken a huge step forward, although he's done a **** poor job of maximizing the talent on the roster. In fact, he's led the team back to the postseason following 2 awful years to close out the Morris era. I will say this, if Miami doesn't advance past the Supers this spring, I will be very disappointed, especially seeing how well he's been recruiting.

I get that we want to blame Blake for things, and there's more than enough to throw at him, but the baseball program is the least of our problems. Frankly, one could fault James for not forcing a change with Morris sooner, it was obvious that he was running on fumes his last couple of years.

Advertisement
In baseball, it's amazing how spoiled our fanbase is. In a sport where Miami is at a even worse competitive disadvantage(Scholarship restrictions makes playing baseball at Miami expensive for the typical student-athlete, compared to a comparable state school), Miami has been postseason regulars for decades. Despite his flaws, Dimare has done some good, recruiting has taken a huge step forward, although he's done a **** poor job of maximizing the talent on the roster. In fact, he's led the team back to the postseason following 2 awful years to close out the Morris era. I will say this, if Miami doesn't advance past the Supers this spring, I will be very disappointed, especially seeing how well he's been recruiting.

I get that we want to blame Blake for things, and there's more than enough to throw at him, but the baseball program is the least of our problems. Frankly, one could fault James for not forcing a change with Morris sooner, it was obvious that he was running on fumes his last couple of years.
We were slow to adapt to an endowment like other successful private schools and hired the right hand man off the staff that missed the postseason twice. I’ll give James a slight pass because it’s clear his hands were tied in this decision, but there are things he could have done and didn’t do. The model is staring you in the face in Nashville.

View attachment 155490

How does it feel to be a "Rowing" school?

If I had to pick three sports to watch; I guess it would be Women's Volleyball (to watch ***), Women's Swimming and Diving (to watch more ***) and Golf. Thank you Blake James, for removing one of the few joys I had in life.
80% of the rowing team exists to offset football with respect to Title IX gender participation. I'm actually shocked Miami rowing didn't come up in the admissions scandal. There is literally no floor to the sport. 4'11" 85lbs, 5'11" 185lbs? There is a spot for you.

I would love to see our future AD do a lot more lobbying for changes to the rules in baseball. Increasing the number of coaches and salaries of the assistants. Making baseball (and, ****, softball too) and head-count scholarship sport (and I think I've seen more hours of college softball scheduled on ESPN than college baseball). Increased coverage of baseball on conference networks, regional sports networks, and ESPN/FS1/FS2, etc. Better coordination with the MLB draft.

If we can get some changes to the rules of college baseball, everyone benefits, including Miami.

We see plenty of ADs working on "The Alliance", and then overwhelming silence when it comes to baseball.

Advertisement
80% of the rowing team exists to offset football with respect to Title IX gender participation. I'm actually shocked Miami rowing didn't come up in the admissions scandal. There is literally no floor to the sport. 4'11" 85lbs, 5'11" 185lbs? There is a spot for you.

And in the 1990s, Dave Maggard trashed multiple "men's" teams of some of those "women's" sports to "comply" with Title IX.

Thus, a law intended to expand athletic scholarship access for women was used to reduce overall scholarships. Good job, Dave.

I won’t blame Blake for the lack of forcing a change with Morris. It’s tough to force the hand of a guy that really did, overall, extremely well in the program and was there for so long. I have my gripe with Morris on a baseball philosophy level, mainly hitting, but the dude is a HoF coach. You almost can’t blame Blake for giving DiMare the spot either because that was a decision made long before Blake James was the AD. A decision made by people higher up than him and we all know due to big money rolling in to coral gables from those tomato farms.

Specifically with baseball I think there’s a much bigger problem than we think and I think it’s going to get really bad this year. When you have guys that got significant playing time/even starters transferring, there’s a culture problem. If you know a little bit about baseball you can see that there’s a coaching problem in the way the whole lineup approaches at bats. Recruiting was great, is trending downward to good, and I think will start to get worse. That’s where I blame Blake. The lack of forcing the heads of programs to make changes and be better. Instead everything stays the same and the ones that get fed all the BS political coaching jargon are the fans.

The 2 awful years to close out the Morris era were the worst 2 years in the last half century of Miami baseball. Hiring the guy who was the hitting coach and recruiting coordinator for those teams would be like hiring Randy Shannon or Manny Diaz for football. Even if you think lil tomato deserved a manager job somewhere, that's fine, let him go to a smaller school and do it (similar to what should have happened with Manny at Temple).

Leading the team back to the postseason isn't some huge accomplishment - just being one of the top 64 teams is setting the bar so low you can just step over it. And when DiMare led us back to the postseason this year, we scored a total of 5 runs in 3 games against the #3 and 4 seeds. That's horrible, much like Manny getting shut out vs LaTech in a bowl. The parallels between DiMare and Manny are almost uncanny at this point.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm a solutions oriented guy. I started thinking, for those who aren't big time donors, how could a regular Joe alumnus like me put any pressure on the BOT to get rid of Blake James? Well, I have possible solution, inspired by the alumni of Shaw University.

The Shaw alumni sued their BOT claiming mismanagement and conflict of interest. We see the same thing at UM.

Blake James hiring the son of a BOT member to be the baseball coach? Blake James hiring the son of one of S Florida's prominent political figures to be the HC of football without interviewing any other candidates? Blake James allowing Mark Richt to hire his own unqualified child for a six figure job as QB coach? The BOT and Athletic Dept are rife with cronyism and nepotism. I wouldn't be surprised if a deeper dive revealed many other instances of friends and family of the BOT getting plum gigs at the school.

Would UM alumni prevail in such a lawsuit? Probably not, but the one thing ****roaches hate is bright light. The rich pricks who are asleep at the wheel don't want to be publicly embarrassed, so if Barry Hackson or another "reporter" reported that UM alum are considering a lawsuit against the UM BOT for conflict of interest and mismanagement, the BOT might actually be compelled to throw Blake James under the bus to placate us.

Last edited:

Morris Won 2 NCs...(I was in Omaha in 99) and was a strike away from a 3rd....Sure he had a tumultuous time his last few yrs...but do not mention his name in the same sentence as DiMare's....

Advertisement
Back