The hurdle that is UNC

Advertisement
But more to your point we’ve spent the last 20 years thinking we are The University of Miami, football school. But in reality we have been a middle of the pack ACC team.
This is your answer.

Even now you look at the Draft and they're mocking 3 Alabama players in the Top 10. 5-6 in the first round.

Us? 0-2 depending on evals of Rousseau and Phillips.

That's the problem. We act like our name means anything when the talent on the field is comparable. It evidently doesn't.

In all fairness, UNC is building on their rich tradition of zero national championships.

Advertisement
Mack has manny’s number. He knows Manny’s weaknesses inside and out, knows the weak points in his defense and how to exploit them

Had to convert a 4th and 16 and our kicker missing two FGs to win two years ago

Yeah we got our *** kicked last year no excuses for that but people on here need to stop sucking off a coach thay has two conference championships in 20+ years of coaching

Advertisement
In your opinion, can Manny be a "very good" coach by continuing to surrounding himself with very good assistants and players?
By very good, I mean producing a consistent top-10 team with a CFBPO run every 4-5 years. Thinking like a ND.

....or nah.
Honestly no...because manny is not going to be able to be able to change his staff every year and he has proven that while he is willing to change coaches, he isn’t great at hiring coaches. Yea this staff looks better but he will have to hire some replacements soon whether we fail or succeed. At some point his failed hirings have to be on him

Honestly no...because manny is not going to be able to be able to change his staff every year and he has proven that while he is willing to change coaches, he isn’t great at hiring coaches. Yea this staff looks better but he will have to hire some replacements soon whether we fail or succeed. At some point his failed hirings have to be on him

So smart and effective offensive changes be damned.

Stop overrating UNC. You will know everything about Diaz after this season. He has one best dual threat QBs in CFB with depth at QB if he’s not ready. It will come down to the defense and we need major improvements on that side. If he can’t get it done this year against UNC than he’s not the right coach. He has the talent to get it done. Play the talent early in the season to prepare them for conference play. By that I mean, attack the portal again (linebacker, DE). Play the 5 star freshman (red flag we don’t see freshman against bama). Sit underperforming seniors. If he does that on defense, we will be hitting our stride by the UNC game.

So smart and effective offensive changes be damned.
How did enos and baker work out? Congrats, he’s 1/3 which is precisely my point Not to mention the other hires he got mulligans on. He has made staff overhauls three straight years. he won’t be afforded that opportunity anymore, at least he shouldn’t.

Advertisement
The ACC cheats for who it wants to. It’s not just about the momentum shifting calls the refs do make,
it’s also the calls that everyone knows they won’t make in a Miami game.

This is one game where I would go the night before and import my own food and water; or at least have the stuff tested for fore substances. Many players have been drugged/poisoned over the years.

They have a very good QB and OL, every other position group is ok but overrated.

How did enos and baker work out? Congrats, he’s 1/3 which is precisely my point Not to mention the other hires he got mulligans on. He has made staff overhauls three straight years. he won’t be afforded that opportunity anymore, at least he shouldn’t.

This post makes no sense. Lashlee was a great hire. Same with the OL and WR position coaches. There’s no more changes to be made.

You make it seem like it has to be done again.

Had to convert a 4th and 16 and our kicker missing two FGs to win two years ago

Yeah we got our *** kicked last year no excuses for that but people on here need to stop sucking off a coach thay has two conference championships in 20+ years of coaching

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice ... (blink ... blink) ... we won't get fooled again.

Advertisement
This post makes no sense. Lashlee was a great hire. Same with the OL and WR position coaches. There’s no more changes to be made.

You make it seem like it has to be done again.
for The simpletons...do you think this is the staff we Will have For the duration Of manny’s tenure? we Just had to make changes after an 8-3 year...when lashlee leaves for greener pastures or a hc gig, I don’t have faith in manny to make a great hire. Our wr coach has proven to be a great hire? They are one of the most underwhelming groups on the team. OL Recruiting and depth is better but that’s not saying much compared to what we were, and we still cant run the ball very well. Without king running last year, we’re below average. With him, we were average at 66th in the nation

Last edited:
for The simpletons...do you think this is the staff we Will have For the duration Of manny’s tenure? we Just had to make changes after an 8-3 year...when lashlee leaves for greener pastures or a hc gig, I don’t have faith in manny to make a great hire. Our wr coach has proven to be a great hire? They are one of the most underwhelming groups on the team. OL Recruiting and depth is better but that’s not saying much compared to what we were, and we still cant run the ball very well. Without king running last year, we’re below average. With him, we were average at 66th in the nation

For the simpletons out there we were Top 30 in total offense and scoring after being ranked about 100th in 2019.

I’ll worry about the next hire when it happens. Scheme change is what we needed, Manny did that.

The only way lashlee us hired away as a coach is if we have sucess here. We have a similar season or take a step back lashlees prospects dry up. The other two barely got to coach our players before the season started. It's pretty early to judge in a climate where they had 4 spring practices and a fall with everything that happened. I'll judge them this year and see what's what and then if there's not much improvement I'll think they weren't good hires. They may not. We'll see

For the simpletons out there we were Top 30 in total offense and scoring after being ranked about 100th in 2019.

I’ll worry about the next hire when it happens. Scheme change is what we needed, Manny did that.
And he also hired the guy That got us to 100th in 2019....what don’t you get About that? He had to fire an oc after one year and a dc after two years...the fact he made one good hire doesn’t have me believing he has the Midas touch.

Advertisement
Back