The hurdle that is UNC

Dyami Brown was a big loss for them (he torched us two years in a row) but I expect Josh Downs and a few others to be productive by committee. Their defense is going to be a lot better this year as will their offensive line. If their skill guys come close to last year then they likely win close to 10 and battle us for the coastal.

Advertisement
Quick count vs p5 teams going back to 2006 we're 74-75.
That's with playing Duke every year.
That's as average as it gets.

My guess is that we're a little better than .500 vs most ACC teams at home and a little less than .500 away.
No surprise.

Now back to UNC.
They don't have anything on us. They have one ****** game.
Watch how the narrative changes on 10/16.

From the way people talk, you'd think Bama's glad they're facing us instead of UNC. This is how we've done against them since joining the ACC. They are no juggernaut.

1619363212938.png

We’ve won the coastal once, ever.
Can we win a game that means something ever again? We beat WVU in the bowl game and haven't won a single game that means something since. Somebody name 1 other game we won that meant something we thing in the last 16 years.

Advertisement
2017 Notre Dame
Hey I respect you brother but we faded back to the middle of the pack that year. We need to win games like ND yet not lose to Pitt and get destroyed by KKKlemson in the 'ship game. That ship game should've been closer.

Advertisement
There is no curse, MOJO or anything else that UNC holds over UM...it is more to do with UM having a mediocre "Athletic" Department run by Title 9 warlords and failed hot dog vendors from Maine who don't give a rip about winning...people seem to think winning is a birthright for UM athletics because we sit near palm trees, beaches and lots of athletes near by. It isn't. UNC is a big school in an area also teeming with great athletes and they also happen to be the flagship university. So there is that.

Mack has manny’s number. He knows Manny’s weaknesses inside and out, knows the weak points in his defense and how to exploit them

Hey I respect you brother but we faded back to the middle of the pack that year. We need to win games like ND yet not lose to Pitt and get destroyed by KKKlemson in the 'ship game. That ship game should've been closer.
We sure did hit the skids after that, but it felt real good for a week. And it did mean something. It showed them that just because we're down a bit, we can still show them we've got fight left in us.

We have had quite the rough patch. Every time we gain momentum, a brick wall appears. How much of the concern we see now is because of that UNC loss? If it had been a 7 point loss, we'd be a lot more confident right now. Shaking off a bad loss like that is going to be the key to keeping up the progress towards a better team.

Advertisement
They are a threat with Howell, but losing both Javonte Williams and Michael Carter is huge. You're talking about a 2nd and 3rd round RB gone. Does anyone know what their backfield depth looks like this year?

Silly statement. Where is Miami going? To Conference USA or the AAC? Trust me, I cannot stand the ACC, but it was the only real option when the Big East was blowing up. Miami hasn't held up its end of the bargain. We have never won the ACC in football or really come close even when the conference was for the taking between 2004 and 2010. Embarrassing.
I would venture to say that Miami has disappointed the ACC. FSU has held up it’s part of the deal, our school has done little to enhance the “power” of the conference. I hope that Manny is the answer and this year should go a long way towards answering that question.

Problem is as a fan, we think we should be beating this team and others because we're Miami. That's a team that used to be at the pinnacle of the college football landscape and why many of us fell in love with this team.

Unfortunately for us, that was a long *** time ago. Since that time we've been a team anyone can beat any given day. We're a run of the mill program with an illustrious past, but the past doesn't mean **** now.

Advertisement
As of right now they own us in all 3 major sports. I hope that changes but not looking good with L, Dimare, and Manny

Silly statement. Where is Miami going? To Conference USA or the AAC? Trust me, I cannot stand the ACC, but it was the only real option when the Big East was blowing up. Miami hasn't held up its end of the bargain. We have never won the ACC in football or really come close even when the conference was for the taking between 2004 and 2010. Embarrassing.
So, you haven't noticed a disgusting bias in officiating in the ACC that favors Carolina teams? I'm not saying we have made good hires or lived up to expectations. Well, not OUR expectations. You will never convince me the ACC wanted us to come in and dominate when we get the calls we've seen for 15 years. Heck, even in 2017 every ACC team held our players left and right, and we got zero holding calls against the opposition. How is that possible in an impartial conference?

I'm not saying we have stunk because of officiating. I am saying ACC officiating stinks and we do little to nothing to fight back against it.

It seems like we either beat unc and then lose to a couple bad teams to take two steps back or we lose to unc the year we need to beat them to win the coastal. They also view us as a rival but most Miami fans and players think we’re too good to be their rival since we already have FSU, ND and others. We should be better than them but we aren’t...

Advertisement
Back