The hurdle that is UNC

Advertisement
Where's the picture of Dalvin Cook walking Ermon Lane on a leash? Replace Dalvin with Mack and Ermon with Manny.

As I was sitting at the UNC vs Miami baseball games Friday night watching the canes lose another sporting event I watched them play at UNC it got me thinking about our history there. Even more so since we play at UNC this year.

In football Miami is 3-6 all time at UNC. Out of those 3 wins you have the miracle drive in 2013 to save a to that point undefeated season and the game saving fumble in 2017 against a 1 win UNC team and our 8-0 team. (The third win if your curious; we were up by 24 points and it took a sack with 20 seconds left to save the game. Held on to win 30-24 in 2011)

What do you all think it is about that place that makes us play so bad?

I also figured we probably had a terrible overall record against UNC since joining the ACC because of all the pain I feel about that place but surpassingly we are 8-9 against them since joining the conference. Since 2004 each school has won 2 games in a row in the series except one year. (I guess that bodes well for this year since we've lost 2 in a row) But no school in the ACC has consistently put beat downs on us like UNC, when we lose to them it is usually bad.

As it was getting cold Friday night and I watched us give up 4 runs in the 5th inning I came to the decision that UNC has passed VT as my most hated team in the ACC. (besides FSU obviously)

For some reason, no matter how average (or even bad) UNC may be any given year, that team gets insanely fired up to play Miami.

The ACC officiating is also uniquely awful and slanted when playing the powder blue. It's bad enough at our own stadium, but it's a special brand of awful at Chapel Hill. You can see it, going all the way back to '04.

And he also hired the guy That got us to 100th in 2019....what don’t you get About that? He had to fire an oc after one year and a dc after two years...the fact he made one good hire doesn’t have me believing he has the Midas touch.

To me, that was a power move, firing the OC you had just recruited away from Bama after 1 season.

I think you're overlooking how much Manny has done to get Miami back on the right footing. I'm a fan of Richt's. But he dug Manny a pretty deep hole talentwise by the time he retired. Across the board, we're starting to look like a contender outside of LB.

The real question about Manny is if he's willing to fire himself as DC if he's not producing a top 5 defensive unit? Because I'm more worried about his self awareness and blind spots as DC than his actions as HC at this point.

Advertisement
And he also hired the guy That got us to 100th in 2019....what don’t you get About that? He had to fire an oc after one year and a dc after two years...the fact he made one good hire doesn’t have me believing he has the Midas touch.
Hindsight is 20/20. The guy he hired in ‘19 was the hottest OC on the market and many here were dropping their drawers about the hire. Manny didn’t hesitate to can his *** when he was a complete bust.

Yes. But, yeah, keep reminding us...

I mean, would you be happy if your girl kept telling you how small your **** is?
There is nothing you can do about inheriting a tiny **** (or a ****** like some posters on this this thread) but there is something you can do about running a amateur Athletic Department. Ignoring this trend, which has been occurring for nearly two decades, won’t change anything.

Advertisement
There is nothing you can do about inheriting a tiny **** (or a ****** like some posters on this this thread) but there is something you can do about running a amateur Athletic Department. Ignoring this trend, which has been occurring for nearly two decades, won’t change anything.
What would be an awesome AD to you? Most AD’s have resumes similar to James. Yeah he made a horrible decision hiring Manny and took too long to fire Golden. However, his replacement won’t be so diff.

That has nothing to do with anything.
Every game is a monumental hurdle. One game at a time. Every season, fans picks what they think will be the tough games. AGAIN, I’ll go with Alabama week one as a monumental hurdle. Week two and beyond won’t matter until that one is in the book. I hope this helps. 🙌

Every game is a monumental hurdle. One game at a time. Every season, fans picks what they think will be the tough games. AGAIN, I’ll go with Alabama week one as a monumental hurdle. Week two and beyond won’t matter until that one is in the book. I hope this helps. 🙌
I didn’t say I didn’t understand, I said it had nothing to do with anything. Btw, You should try multitasking. Generally the human brain can handle multiple discussions at once.

Who is ignoring this trend? I am one of the biggest Blake bashers on the board. But, hey, keep building a myth that if some posters aren't slamming Miami 24-7, they are "ignoring" the problem.

Advertisement
So has Duke, UNC, UVA, and Pitt. The only repeat winners are GT and VT.

But more to your point we’ve spent the last 20 years thinking we are The University of Miami, football school. But in reality we have been a middle of the pack ACC team with one good season and a few decent ones sprinkled in just like the other basketball schools. Problem is we don’t have any basketball national championships to show off.
North Carolina has zero national championships in football or baseball

Didn't see this after the UNC game last year, just noticed it on someone's twitter discussing Miami. SIAP.

Mack drops the mike:

Mack Brown & staff literally ****ted on Blake’s playcalling & scheme after the game calling it “High School”

So sad that Blake butchered Manny's D down to that level, and sad that Manny gave him enough rope to do it..

Advertisement
Who is ignoring this trend? I am one of the biggest Blake bashers on the board. But, hey, keep building a myth that if some posters aren't slamming Miami 24-7, they are "ignoring" the problem.
I don’t think enough people hold Blake James and this University accountable for the ****** position we are in with all our Athletics. If they did, he wouldn’t be running our Athletics into the ground. This President, BOT, donors and fans are far too passive with this discussion. They don’t care....enough.

Advertisement
Back