The Hate is Returning

If our play matches Manny’s bravado and what he’s been selling, Sky is the limit. The next problem will be holding on to him, if that happens; but I’m more than happy to have the problem where our coaches are looked to be plucked from v. being shipped to never never land

Advertisement
Oh, I know. I certainly do - and it's the greatest feeling in the world!

One can be anywhere in the country - run into another Cane fan - and it's like a long-lost friend!

Makes the UM team stronger - and that's what is so very counter-intuitive.

You quickly learn to thrive on it. Relish the hate. Embrace the hate!
You're God **** right

Lean into it

Been laid up after shoulder surgery for the last couple days but the sHT Manny pulled and the fact the hate is coming back for Miami have taken the pain right out of me...this last 24 hours has done this old man good knowing that we just might once again be the best team albeit the most hated team,in CFB....well done El Jefe.
get well soon Conch

Guys even through are struggles people have still hated on us. Manny just making it easier to hate us now. Wouldn’t have it any other way

Advertisement
Jesus fcking christ it's fcking not. That's not what made us the U. How fcking old are you, do you remember those teams? They weren't the U because they talked sht all the time, they were the U because they won all the time. Then they talked sht. But they WON FIRST. And they were so good at winning that it scared other teams.

The fcking problem is that everybody wants to talk. Fck talking, how about winning? How about crushing the other team's soul? How about making them regret the day they decided to give football a go?

Manny's stunt was cool, and I'm glad he took the opportunity to punk fsu, but that's not what it's about. That's a sideshow. The main event is getting on the field and showing the other team that they don't belong there. They aren't worthy to share a field with you.

That's swag. That's the U.
Great point! Love it!!! However, don’t take someone’s hype away. Everyone is excited about the direction the program is going, and it is much better than it was a couple of months ago. You are correct, and the write up was good. But, let Canes Nation talk and be hype. That’s all we have right now. Go Canes!!!

The first U 20-20 gives you a good perspective into the hate. The Canes style of play that combined speed, violence (physical aggression with power), gang tackling, etc., dominated and frustrated teams in the 80s to early 90s. The hate started back then because we annoyed the **** out of schools with our style of play and celebrations. Our teams were stacked with Miami & Broward and other FL kids who were use to playing that style football in HS. Most of the college football world, including the media, hated us because our style and how we won games invaded and blew away their image of college football. Those Canes teams, Canes fans’ confidence, and “South Florida” swag (which was also based on S.FL culture, not just the Canes) ****ed all over their beloved traditions! At age 61, I remember and lived through this. The 20-20 production was spot on! Now because most college teams the days play with speed and aggression and have their own “swag”, it’s gonna be tough for us to get to an elite level that matches Alabama/Clemson/OSU, etc. But I like CMD leading the way. Someone in an earlier post compared his action in Orlando on Friday to JJ’s style. I totally agree and believe that with CMD & his staff, our schedule and being in the Coastal, a 2019 storm could be brewing into a hated Hurricane!!! Might not be a Cat 5 or 4, but it could be one that is hated for the damage it causes on and off the field. Go Canes!

Advertisement
The true hate won't return until Canes start winning big on the field...Miami winning and upsetting the status quo...begets the real hate....
You sir are correct. When Miami started winning NCs and beating America’s Teams with a style never before seen, the college football world was in shock. 58-7 and the Cotton Bowl got everyone’s attention.

If our play matches Manny’s bravado and what he’s been selling, Sky is the limit. The next problem will be holding on to him, if that happens; but I’m more than happy to have the problem where our coaches are looked to be plucked from v. being shipped to never never land
I have a feeling if he is successful and the school pays him what he is worth he won't leave. This is his dream job. He is Miami to the core.

Now this is not me making a direct comparison because that would be ridiculous...but Saban stayed at Alabama. He has a good thing going...is treated like a God...and makes a good salary. With success Manny could be the same way.

Actually, it all started under Scnellenberger. Complaints about "taunting" go back to the '83 team.

I can tell you the exact moment the hatred started. The 1980 game against Florida in Gainesville. Their student section was out of control throwing ice and oranges. Howard ordered the team to wear their helmets on the sideline in the 4th quarter. We were embarrassing them. Up 28-7 with a second to go, out trots Danny Miller to kick a field goal for a big fucque you to Charlie Pell and the student section. Sets up the big revenge game to open up the 1981 season where Danny kicks the 55 yard game winner that bounced off the upright and crossbar with around a minute to go. Miami was the upstart that season and got jobbed twice, once in Austin and the other in Starkville. By the end of the season I guarantee you nobody wanted a piece of Miami. The 1981 pasting of Notre Dame in the Orange Bowl the kids were pretty amped up and really giving it to the Irish. I think the taunting really started that game.

Last edited:
You talking about the the greatest sausage party ever concocted Courtesy of manny Diaz and crew? Beautiful el jefe...just beautiful
The nole fans who keep running this version of events do realize they are insulting all the high school coaches who attended the Miami party, right? They are bright enough to see that by trying to insult the Miami staff they are also insulting the high school coaches. I already heard from one coach who did not like that a former fsu player posted a video insinuating certain things about the party because he and other coaches were there.

That will be GREAT for fsu recruiting. Insult a large number of high school coaches and then try to recruit their players.

Advertisement
The nole fans who keep running this version of events do realize they are insulting all the high school coaches who attended the Miami party, right? They are bright enough to see that by trying to insult the Miami staff they are also insulting the high school coaches. I already heard from one coach who did not like that a former fsu player posted a video insinuating certain things about the party because he and other coaches were there.

That will be GREAT for fsu recruiting. Insult a large number of high school coaches and then try to recruit their players.
Totally agree
They way they phrase it probably has NY drooling and wishing he was there!

I have a feeling if he is successful and the school pays him what he is worth he won't leave. This is his dream job. He is Miami to the core.

Now this is not me making a direct comparison because that would be ridiculous...but Saban stayed at Alabama. He has a good thing going...is treated like a God...and makes a good salary. With success Manny could be the same way.

Very true; but in Saban’s case, The NFL kicked his dried suntan’d ****! W his little man’s complex, I don’t think he wanted that smoke again. His little tactics didn’t work on grown men, only these impressionable kids. But, ur right and w success, I hope we have a long tenured coach as well.

Advertisement
I think the whole hate thing is sort of over played by our fan base. Most people I have met around the country think the U is cool as **** and love our swagger I think most of the “hate” comes from $EC country

Two of the whiniest, *****iest fan bases in the country. Can't believe we let either of them up for air. Glad to see Manny stepping on their throats.

Great point! Love it!!! However, don’t take someone’s hype away. Everyone is excited about the direction the program is going, and it is much better than it was a couple of months ago. You are correct, and the write up was good. But, let Canes Nation talk and be hype. That’s all we have right now. Go Canes!!!

You know what? You're absolutely right. I stand by my point, but everyone should play this the way they want.

Cheers Canes.

Advertisement
Back