The Hate is Returning

The reaction by Noles and Gaytor fans to Manny’s mind **** in Orlando gave me a small taste of what I believe is to come. Manny is practically warning the rest of the world, get ready to hate us again, and we don’t care.

If Manny can win at Miami with this “swagger” and “Miami’s don’t give a **** attitude” then we are in for a treat. Some of you have no idea what real hate for Miami is. Well get ready. ****y Miami fan is due for a serious return.
We did our best damage on the field when we were hated the most!! Now after years of pandering to the NCAA, the media and the college football crowd we tanked as a dominate football program. Trying to be nice and blend in with the crowd made us suffer as a result.

Miami will never be looked at as one of the good ole boys program!! We're located in a well diverse part of the country where most of our recruits comes from the inner city....meaning they are black athletes....and lets not get it twisted, a lot of the country has the misconception that the school is not located in a beautiful part of "not only Miami" but in all of the US! These athletes played with a different attitude and swagger, so trying to suffocate it goes against their DNA. Jimmy promoted the attitude on the field, his disciple Butch encouraged the attitude on the field and the teams dominated as a results . Only when Corker took reigns that this began to go south with his pattycake approach to coaching. Corker lost that edge and did not recruit to the attitude we had under his predecessors. Coker left the door open for coaches to rape the area for recruits that once flooded the Miami program.

Randy, Golden, Richt, all played too much to the media and how we should look to the rest of the nation as a result we never returned to dominance!

Just from the one month Manny has been in charge as HC, he has put the Nation back on notice that he and the way he will run this program don't give a dam about what people think outside of Carol Gables!! He is already winning head games before they even hit the field!! Jimmy knew more then any coach how to play the psychological game before "the game" better then anybody!! Manny has that same swagger about him as well!

I never could understand why we wasted so many years trying to get other people outside the program to like us!! In such a racially divided country and being located in SFL, no matter how much we try to become choir boys if we are kicking *** the world will hate us more then just the normal jealousy of hate because you are winning!!

Manny gets it and putting the world back on notice once again to get ready for 'TNM' because we don't give a "F" how you feel!! Now after 12 years of wasted football trying to fit in to be normal, we will get to see some real football that became the 'U' we always loved!! You young people that never witnessed the dominating Canes in person better get ready to bring your lungs to games because IMO, Manny will have this program kicking *** again just by letting these SFL athletes to be themselves!!

Go Canes!!

Last edited:
Advertisement

Aren’t you a gaytor fan ???? gtfoh 😂😂😂

Of course he’s a gator fan. This is the moron that said he’s looking forward to “Franks running over and through Shaq” on August 31.

He actually posted this. I don’t know why people even give him a break.

Your hated when your on top it’s the way it goes. However, the Miami hatred is deep for many of the reasons stated on here. But when we had a huge national fan base while we were hated.
I tell everyone how when I served from 90-94 the entire barracks was glued to the tv watching um play and a bunch of those guys were canes fans or at least fans of the players and the way they played and only a few of us were from Florida and only 2 from Miami.

Of course he’s a gator fan. This is the moron that said he’s looking forward to “Franks running over and through Shaq” on August 31.

He actually posted this. I don’t know why people even give him a break.

Me either lol, he even admits on another post I called him out on. He's lucky the dv button is gone lol. So he's just going to sprayed every time he post.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I can tell you the exact moment the hatred started. The 1980 game against Florida in Gainesville. Their student section was out of control throwing ice and oranges. Howard ordered the team to wear their helmets on the sideline in the 4th quarter. We were embarrassing them. Up 28-7 with a second to go, out trots Danny Miller to kick a field goal for a big fucque you to Charlie Pell and the student section. Sets up the big revenge game to open up the 1981 season where Danny kicks the 55 yard game winner that bounced off the upright and crossbar with around a minute to go. Miami was the upstart that season and got jobbed twice, once in Austin and the other in Starkville. By the end of the season I guarantee you nobody wanted a piece of Miami. The 1981 pasting of Notre Dame in the Orange Bowl the kids were pretty amped up and really giving it to the Irish. I think the taunting really started that game.
Yup....81 team was arguably UMs most underrated ever....I went to 4 games that yr.

I think the whole hate thing is sort of over played by our fan base. Most people I have met around the country think the U is cool as **** and love our swagger I think most of the “hate” comes from $EC country

How old are you? Miami hasn’t had true “swagger” in over 15 years. And nobody has seen anything remotely close to what we were in the 80’s and early 90’s. Those were some bad boys. There is no doubt in my mind the hate is definitely not over blown. The media even hates us. Nobody attracts hate like Miami when we are dominating. We just haven’t seen it in a long time.

Advertisement
Pointless if we can’t win games. That’s going to be the only important thing

YEP it sucks to talk sh*t and then lose

I'd rather win than talk sh*t

What's optimal is ... to be able to talk sh*t AND win

Last edited:
How old are you? Miami hasn’t had true “swagger” in over 15 years. And nobody has seen anything remotely close to what we were in the 80’s and early 90’s. Those were some bad boys. There is no doubt in my mind the hate is definitely not over blown. The media even hates us. Nobody attracts hate like Miami when we are dominating. We just haven’t seen it in a long time.
Im only 24 so i wasnt around for the 80's so cant speak on the national perception at that time. Going to college in Colorado and meeting people from all over the country at school I can say most kids my age love the U and our brand only country kids from SEC country wanted to talk trash about being thugs ETC.

Im only 24 so i wasnt around for the 80's so cant speak on the national perception at that time. Going to college in Colorado and meeting people from all over the country at school I can say most kids my age love the U and our brand only country kids from SEC country wanted to talk trash about being thugs ETC.

It makes sense you would think it’s overblown. I’m 36 (**** my life) and specifically remember the hatred we had from everyone in the 90’s. I hope Miami has another run to become a dynasty again. Only then you’ll see what I am talking about.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back