The hard truth

Get use to another 4 years of mediocre football.

Most members on this board have no idea what good football looks like let alone elite teams. They also have no clue how to spot bad coaches.

Football is simple. There are 3 phases to this game. WIN 2/3 and you’ll win 95% of games. This is something we have failed to donover the last 4 coaches.

Shannon has zero clue what to do on offense. His defense was basic Betty and the ST were marginal.

Golden: While we struggled some offensively we completely dropped the ball defensively. Special teams were a joke as well.

Richt: LOL at the offense. Some of the worst special teams I’ve ever seen from a Miami team. I’m not just talking about the punt team. Return teams and coverage units were incredibly bad.

Diaz: He first-hand saw how Offense and specials teams lost us 6games. He addresses one unit. Completely ignores the special teams.

I get it... the defense folded early and late, but you can’t expect the defense to play perfect every ******* game. But this loss is a simple one . We did not win ONE phase. And before you throw Jarrens stats in my face let me tell you something.

Offense: the delayed blitz plague us again. The slow play action killed us again. Jarren not understanding where the first down marker was... killed us. Failing to get TDs in the red zone killed us.

Defense: unprepared. PERIOD. I never understood why people ever hyped up DJ Ivey. He was average in HS and his physical attributes suggested as such. He was slow in HS... he is slow now. Blades is better by a wide margin.

Special teams: where do I begin? Donaldson is a complete bust. His fat lazy *** got dominated on offense and kick teams. Baxa couldn’t kick it in HS and he can’t kick it now.

Common occurrences that are alarming:

Our WRs are horrible route runners. Specifically JT4. His speed is negated by his atrocious rout running. He made some tough catches but the reason they were tough is bc he gave away the route to the DB.

Receivers (WR,TE) are having a difficult time blocking and catching. Specifically WM85. Anyone can make a TD catch wide open, but he can’t catch a cold when it’s contested.

OL can’t seem to figure out who to block especially when defenses are blitzing the interior.

DL posses no moves or technique. We have talent at the position but we have ZERO moves. Our guys get stifled and just try to bum rush.

I look at these things and then I remembered who coaches them.

Stubblefield: his longest tenure at one stop is no longer then 2 years. His last two schools were Air Force and Utah.

Field: played TE in HS. coached at some major Soflo schools. Coached at FAMU. Mostly a recruiter at Oregon.

Stroud: journeyman DL/ strength guy. Obviously has a history with MD. Clams to fame was the NC state guys 20 years ago. Last stop was AKRON.

If this wasn’t enough go look our guys on the defensive staff. Actually I’ll sum it up quick.

Baker: Manny protege. Multiple stops with manny. Last stop was LA tech.

Banda: Texas n MS State grad assist under Manny. Prior experience. Bar tending

Patke: see above.

Rumph: Miami stud. 1st round pick. NFL vet. Solid HS coach. No college experience.

The above is why we play the way we do. Look who is coaching them!!! They are coached up by nobodies!

We have zero depth at LB and DB. Who’s fault is that? Can we really blame CMR for that? No that was Diaz and his band.

What are you guys seeing that makes you believe we are in the right hands? Seriously, someone Fuxkin enlighten me.

One of the best posts I’ve ever seen on this site.

Amen, brother

Advertisement
I dont know if we'll ever be able to compete for national championships. Either we dont have the money or administration is not willing to spend the money that it takes to be big time.
We gotta compete in 3* land coastal first...

Get use to another 4 years of mediocre football.

Most members on this board have no idea what good football looks like let alone elite teams. They also have no clue how to spot bad coaches.

Football is simple. There are 3 phases to this game. WIN 2/3 and you’ll win 95% of games. This is something we have failed to donover the last 4 coaches.

Shannon has zero clue what to do on offense. His defense was basic Betty and the ST were marginal.

Golden: While we struggled some offensively we completely dropped the ball defensively. Special teams were a joke as well.

Richt: LOL at the offense. Some of the worst special teams I’ve ever seen from a Miami team. I’m not just talking about the punt team. Return teams and coverage units were incredibly bad.

Diaz: He first-hand saw how Offense and specials teams lost us 6games. He addresses one unit. Completely ignores the special teams.

I get it... the defense folded early and late, but you can’t expect the defense to play perfect every ******* game. But this loss is a simple one . We did not win ONE phase. And before you throw Jarrens stats in my face let me tell you something.

Offense: the delayed blitz plague us again. The slow play action killed us again. Jarren not understanding where the first down marker was... killed us. Failing to get TDs in the red zone killed us.

Defense: unprepared. PERIOD. I never understood why people ever hyped up DJ Ivey. He was average in HS and his physical attributes suggested as such. He was slow in HS... he is slow now. Blades is better by a wide margin.

Special teams: where do I begin? Donaldson is a complete bust. His fat lazy *** got dominated on offense and kick teams. Baxa couldn’t kick it in HS and he can’t kick it now.

Common occurrences that are alarming:

Our WRs are horrible route runners. Specifically JT4. His speed is negated by his atrocious rout running. He made some tough catches but the reason they were tough is bc he gave away the route to the DB.

Receivers (WR,TE) are having a difficult time blocking and catching. Specifically WM85. Anyone can make a TD catch wide open, but he can’t catch a cold when it’s contested.

OL can’t seem to figure out who to block especially when defenses are blitzing the interior.

DL posses no moves or technique. We have talent at the position but we have ZERO moves. Our guys get stifled and just try to bum rush.

I look at these things and then I remembered who coaches them.

Stubblefield: his longest tenure at one stop is no longer then 2 years. His last two schools were Air Force and Utah.

Field: played TE in HS. coached at some major Soflo schools. Coached at FAMU. Mostly a recruiter at Oregon.

Stroud: journeyman DL/ strength guy. Obviously has a history with MD. Clams to fame was the NC state guys 20 years ago. Last stop was AKRON.

If this wasn’t enough go look our guys on the defensive staff. Actually I’ll sum it up quick.

Baker: Manny protege. Multiple stops with manny. Last stop was LA tech.

Banda: Texas n MS State grad assist under Manny. Prior experience. Bar tending

Patke: see above.

Rumph: Miami stud. 1st round pick. NFL vet. Solid HS coach. No college experience.

The above is why we play the way we do. Look who is coaching them!!! They are coached up by nobodies!

We have zero depth at LB and DB. Who’s fault is that? Can we really blame CMR for that? No that was Diaz and his band.

What are you guys seeing that makes you believe we are in the right hands? Seriously, someone Fuxkin enlighten me.

you talk about Jarren's stats, at the end of the day -- 25 points in todays college game just isn't good enough bottom line. (And this is coming from the driver of his bandwagon. He could've played better, actually the whole offense could have - and has to.) I think he made some real strides in game 2, but plays are still being left on the table.

The reality is that with this defense obviously taking a few steps back, they no longer have this cushion or safety net of winning grinding defensive battles

also, going back to Jarren, a key stat in football is yards per attempt(not completion) and as high as his completion %%% was, I was with @CanesAreAble watching the game and remarking that with 15 or so attempts, he had right around a 100 yards or so(they flashed his stats during the game) which was really low. @CanesAreAble kept remarking how difficult everything looked on offense for the most part before it really got going. That points to lack of effiency right now in the pass game and the offense overall.

Other than Enos, you’re right.

Everyone has a connection to Manny or Enos, during their time at LA Tech or Central Michigan.

If I’m Diaz and can make two coaching changes I hire veteran OL and DL coaches with P5 resumes who weren’t journeymen. Technicians who can develop players and have a list of names to prove it.
I said this when we hired Manny, no one ever gets their 1st staff 100% right.

3 or 4 coaches should be brought in this December or Januaru to solve this... if Manny can be a serious person.
1. OLC: Someone serious. Get Wisconsin's guy, get Stanford's guy, get Oregon's guy.
the OLC needs to be responsible for a squad of about 20 plus men, building them all into alarmingly beefy, mentally tough Goons.
2. DLC: See above, here we need to poach an SEC coach.
3. 2ndary: 1 elite 2ndary coach to run the show and recruit nothing but high end 4*s or better. Looking for the next Corey Raymond here.
4. STC. Get Beamers boy to come down to Miami.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Let’s go sunshine pumpers! Get in here and enlighten some of us. WHAT THE **** ARE YOU SEEING THAT MAKES YOU FEEL CONFIDENT?!?!

Fight! This team has fight! While your statements are accurate, you fail to mention these amateurs were a play or two away from 2-0, in spite of their numerous flaws. We haven't 'just laid down' when adversity piles up!

I don't know if these guys are nobodies but I agree assistants are key.

Look at JJ's staff in the 80s and where most of those coaches ended up. This is why I was never a fan of Art Kehoe, the guy never progressed in life other than a OL coach.
Never progressed in life??....Lol....what a Crock of Dogsh*t....

1) It’s my alma mater
2) Some of us can enjoy the game of football without the promise of winning a national championship. You do realize that most programs don’t win the title, right? Why do you think all those schools fill the seats? Because there’s more to the game than just bragging about how many tears you have been the best. Maybe if our fans understood this, more coaches would want to be here!
This is very different than jumping on a message board proclaiming we’re not good and being mad about it. My point isn’t challenging why you root for the team, it’s why you would spend so much time and energy on it if you’re convinced they’re not going to bring you anything resembling fun. If so, find something that will.

Advertisement
I said the same thing. Why not challenge the spot. We had 3 time outs and actually left two of them on the scoreboard.

These r things I noticed man; it was some flaws in the UF game, as well.

I don’t want to hear he’s a 1st yr coach. As a Bears fan, I saw Nagy come in 1st yr and u could just see the difference from John Fox. He was all in the refs ear, challenging everything.

I see Manny looking confused at times, then excited like a little kid, then deer in headlights.

I dont know if we'll ever be able to compete for national championships. Either we dont have the money or administration is not willing to spend the money that it takes to be big time.

1568045743547.png

Advertisement
At least many of you have gotten this all sorted out after two games, you must be relieved that you can now go about your life without wondering.

Advertisement
Meanwhile, on the other side, Mack Brown calls the officials together, explains to them that his player should not have been flagged for illegal man downfield, and the refs kindly pick up the flag and void the penalty that they had already marked off. Smh.

BOOOOOOOM!

Dude hasn’t coached in forever, and still has the moxy to call refs out and readjust their view.

Advertisement
Back