The Gator Board is claiming we are interviewing Joe Brady

Well Burrow was QB who lost QB battles at Ohio, and then when he did get to start his junior year he threw 16 TD's.

Advertisement
You make it sound like Burrow owes it all to Brady when he's tearing up the NFL. It doesn't track.
Seriously. If you watch his LSU highlights he throws ****** DIMES. Right on the money. Unless Brady made Burrow practice 10x more, Burrow did it himself.

Seriously. If you watch his LSU highlights he throws ****** DIMES. Right on the money. Unless Brady made Burrow practice 10x more, Burrow did it himself.
Well to me he didn’t look that good at all when we played them the year previous . Wasnt he like 10-25 in that game ? Clearly something changed....

Advertisement
And this is why Burrow is my favorite QB prospect coming out of college since Andrew Luck.

Sure, his guys were elite and got open, but unlike Tua and Mac, his throws are the most accurate I’ve ever seen. Always leading his receiver, always hitting them in perfect stride, always giving them maximum opportunity for YAC.

That combined with his elite ability to go through his progressions had me singing his praises and thinking everybody was fawning falsely over Lawrence when Burrow was really the top prospect

1638916390513.png

Brady will be a candidate , Dorsey likely is too.
Is it crazy to think both could come?
Dorsey coaches QBs. Brady was a WR coach at LSU. Brady didn't fully call plays at LSU (obviously he was integral in the scheme and all that). He handled RedZone and some 3rd down play calls. I feel like it wouldn't be the craziest thing to get both. I don't think we'd be able to keep Brady longer than like 3 yrs, then Dorsey can take over fully...but Dorsey might want an OC job asap...

Only thing is Brady apparently doesn't care much for recruiting and who knows if Dorsey is good at it. That's two important spots to not have a top recruiter...

Is it crazy to think both could come?
Dorsey coaches QBs. Brady was a WR coach at LSU. Brady didn't fully call plays at LSU (obviously he was integral in the scheme and all that). He handled RedZone and some 3rd down play calls. I feel like it wouldn't be the craziest thing to get both. I don't think we'd be able to keep Brady longer than like 3 yrs, then Dorsey can take over fully...but Dorsey might want an OC job asap...

Only thing is Brady apparently doesn't care much for recruiting and who knows if Dorsey is good at it. That's two important spots to not have a top recruiter...
Recruiting is IRRELEVANT when in comes to your OC. That's a position with ONE responsibility. The rest of the staff, and our HC, can handle recruiting.

Advertisement
Yeah but I meant more as QB coach and Wr not as OC...
I hear you but it's irrelevant. When you assume a HC like Mario who isn't an X's and O's savant....you are committing to the Orgeron/LSU model where the coordinators COORDINATE and everyone else picks up the slack in recruiting.

That model can absolutely work, and it's what we have to embrace. The OC on this team should have one job......SCHEME.

I hear you but it's irrelevant. When you assume a HC like Mario who isn't an X's and O's savant....you are committing to the Orgeron/LSU model where the coordinators COORDINATE and everyone else picks up the slack in recruiting.

That model can absolutely work, and it's what we have to embrace. The OC on this team should have one job......SCHEME.
Bro you're ignoring my point which is that having TWO guys who aren't recruiters on offense if we got Dorsey and Brady. I agree just let the OC be an Xs and Os guy. I want Brady. But he can be WR coach and OC. QB coach should then be a guy who can recruit, right? We already have our OL coach. Mirabal, Brady, QB coach/WR (depending what Brady does), RB, and TE coach. TE coach is probably gunna remain Field imo. RB coach needs to be a pure recruiter imo...

Bro you're ignoring my point which is that having TWO guys who aren't recruiters on offense if we got Dorsey and Brady. I agree just let the OC be an Xs and Os guy. I want Brady. But he can be WR coach and OC. QB coach should then be a guy who can recruit, right? We already have our OL coach. Mirabal, Brady, QB coach/WR (depending what Brady does), RB, and TE coach. TE coach is probably gunna remain Field imo. RB coach needs to be a pure recruiter imo...
I'm ignoring it because we aren't going to sign Dorsey AND Brady. It will be Brady or someone of that ilk. You guys need to let the Dorsey thing go already.

Advertisement
I'm ignoring it because we aren't going to sign Dorsey AND Brady. It will be Brady or someone of that ilk. You guys need to let the Dorsey thing go already.
Dorsey should be an realistic option although I’m not crazy of just stacking former players as coaches even if they are qualified. Point stands though, we aren’t getting both Brady and Dorsey. We aren’t Bama and they are overally qualified to be position coaches at this point.

Cribby just said Dorsey is a possible candidate which is what I was replying to...
Then it will be an OR thing. It won't be both. Zero chance Brady comes BACK to college to carry a "Co" anything designation.

I'm going to go ahead and take this opportunity to state how big a mistake making Dorsey the OC would be. That would be a disappointing move given our newfound budget. It should be Brady or someone like Mullen before we even CONSIDER someone like Dorsey.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Dorsey should be an realistic option although I’m not crazy of just stacking former players as coaches even if they are qualified. Point stands though, we aren’t getting both Brady and Dorsey. We aren’t Bama and they are overally qualified to be position coaches at this point.
See my post above. I'd be upset if it's Dorsey

Well to me he didn’t look that good at all when we played them the year previous . Wasnt he like 10-25 in that game ? Clearly something changed....
Right but people can progress on their own. We don’t know if it was Burrow just figuring it out, or Brady pushing him harder. If it was Brady, why couldn’t he do it in the NFL?

Advertisement
Back