The Gator Board is claiming we are interviewing Joe Brady

What's your opinion on Dorsey as a candidate?

For me, he's just about the ONLY alum I can think of that would legitimately be a good candidate to coach here. He's proven elite with QBs and is on track for an NFL OC gig.

None of this Ray Lewis DC, ER CB/S coach nonsense.
Dude was **** near the OC here. He’s one of the smartest college players ever. Him and Kellen Moore always stick out in my mind, they remind me of each other. Whoever Dorsey touches improves. Plus he’s very likable without the ego. I personally think very highly of him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I never had a take on the guy until I read what's out there on him. I'll compile it into bullet points:

-- Brought the New Orleans Saints playbook with him to LSU
-- Did not call plays
-- Was there for one season
-- Historic talent for that one season
-- Poor play caller with Carolina
-- Not enough information on him to know what his success with LSU is owed to
Who was calling plays at LSU?

For me, he's just about the ONLY alum I can think of that would legitimately be a good candidate to coach here. He's proven elite with QBs and is on track for an NFL OC gig.

Didn't Jedd come from the NFL as an QB coach and not calling plays. I think it would work if we kept Likens as the WR/ co oc

Advertisement
There isn't a person "in the know" of college football that would disagree Brady would be a top notch hire to run your offense...not one.

Because they weren’t asked nor put in position to succeed..the hypocrisy we use around here is astounding..for years we claim to have all talent out of position. Especially on O..when in reality that was REALLY the case at LSU
Definitely. Being a Vikings fan I get to watch Jefferson every week. How that guy wasn’t used correctly is beyond me.

Advertisement
I know I’m in minority, but I’d prefer to go the route of someone with a more proven and sustained track record of success. He could be great, or he could be a guy you all are expecting to repeat what he did at LSU and it’s a 50/50 chance that happens. If we have all of this money, why not go get a guy that we know can do it at a high level and has done more with less? Just alot of question marks for me with Brady. JMO, flame away.
Yup. If Brady is interviewed then call Dorsey for an interview. There isn’t much of a difference if you ask me.

You make it sound like Burrow owes it all to Brady when he's tearing up the NFL. It doesn't track.
You have a point but he might owe Brady it all nobody was giving burrow heisman nominations or even day 1 draft selection prior to Brady arriving while yes burrow does and always has had a enourmous talent and potential he was a back up qb who transferred and had a subpar season that turned into a superstar and number 1 pick in a season the difference play calling. Also look at lsu after he left no resemblance of anywhere close to bradys play calling

Advertisement
Bring in Brady AND Dorsey, with Dorsey being OC in waiting after Brady leaves in a year

everyone GIF

I think he goes with Daboll to be OC when Daboll is hopefully hired in Chicago

You make it sound like Burrow owes it all to Brady when he's tearing up the NFL. It doesn't track.
Burrow fell in another QB friendly scheme with the best young receiving core in the league. Not taking anything away from Burrown but that offense is loaded, with McVay disciple.

Advertisement
Back