The game just changed forever

Advertisement
74328123_1223846494488050_7066335741638344704_n.jpg

No it wont.

Please explain how!
Miami Football is a cultural icon. The U 30 for 30 was the highest rated of all the ESPN 30 for 30 series. The greats from the 80s, 90s and 00s are to thank for that. I haven't checked in recent years but previously Miami had about 6 or 7 of the highest TV cable ratings in CFB history. We are also located in a major media market. Teams in major media markets (like Miami and USC) stand to benefit the most. I highly doubt players at second or third tier schools like UCF or FIU would see much benefit, if any. On the other hand, top players at Miami could really benefit. With his play on the field & his magnetic personality, Brevin would do really well with this type of construct.

Although there may be some limitations, savvy players could absolutely benefit from this through:

1) The use of their image in video games
2) Apparel sales
3) Endorsement deals for products, cars, restaurants, clubs
4) Program sales (where their image is featured)
5) Being a social media influencer/having a large amount of followers

This could really help level the playing field vs those dirty h_ck schools located in BFE. Their apparent corruption is ruining CFB to a certain degree. Aren't we all tired of seeing the same two teams playing in the MNC game every year? When you stop to think about it, it's made the competitive landscape at the very top of CFB laughable. Something's got to give & this could well be it...

Advertisement
Y’all are on crack if you don’t think a Tebow like player wouldn’t make killer bank in Miami. That’s hilarious , I can’t even believe y’all think that lmao.

The biggest cfb player in a big market like Miami would be insane. Come on, y’all can’t be tripping this hard.

I’ve lived in gainesville majority of my life , there’s no chance in the world it would even be close. Tebow was a brand in itself . Put that in a huge market like Miami....pffft.

The legend of Tebow is b/c he won 2 National Championships, a Heisman, and was a runner up in another Heisman. So yeah, if he accomplished that here in Miami, absolutely.

Advertisement
Lol. Do you know how this rule work? You do realize it's about getting paid off
No , I’m saying a good player on national level will destroy any sec school or any other small market if in a big market. They said Tebow would be better off financially at uf. I said they were on crack if they think that.

Theres a reason nba guys leave for big markets.

Then why can't my Bulls get anyone now? You still have to win, Cribby. Why do LBJ sell out jerseys, or MJ back in the day? People still want to be around winners.

This doesn't help Miami in the slightest.

The blue chippers have far more fanatics following them - imagine college established 'meet and greets' where the 100k Alabama fans come to purchase signed shirts / cards / posters at $50 a pop.
You may be right.

That only helps players currently enrolled at Alabama. Those same fans have never ever heard of (insert local south Florida High School star) and won’t want his autograph until he plays. The other side of that is Alabama already recruits otherworldly, Miami isn’t likely to catch them, they already get all the recruits they want that Miami also wants. Miami isn’t winning those battles today, so if they lose them tomorrow it isn’t worse.

The only potentially easy benefit I see for Miami is that period where that high school star becomes popular in their local market. If that player wants to quickly profit from any of that his brand is purely local, not statewide or national.

LOL, just wow.

Siggggh....I tried to tell ppl that athletes were getting paid based upon their scholly. This will be the drawback. This is supposed to be amateur athletics, where only the NCAA and Universities benefit from it. (smh) That's why bagmen became so important....they were like the bootleggers during the prohibition era.

Now that kids will make a few bucks from a jersey sale, autograph, photo shoot, etc......they are now going to be classified, in the IRS mind, as professionals.

This new rule ain't all roses....from a recruiting standpoint, and political.

What's funny is that we were begging the IRS to look in to kids making money on the side from bagmen. lol. Welp.

Advertisement
Nobody is saying this will make us more powerful than the top dogs but it at least puts us on the playing field.

If the conversation is 100k at UGA, 80k at Clemson, or 0 at Miami then our coaches don’t stand a chance

Pretty sure we aren’t playing on a 0 but what does this mean?

I’m not sure if it is good or bad for the Miami Hurricanes, I’m guessing if adidas is allowed to join party and we are there Top school that would help a ton, and if we can get individuals who maybe in the past wouldn’t be involved paying kids under the table now do, that would be huge

Siggggh....I tried to tell ppl that athletes were getting paid based upon their scholly. This will be the drawback. This is supposed to be amateur athletics, where only the NCAA and Universities benefit from it. (smh) That's why bagmen became so important....they were like the bootleggers during the prohibition era.

Now that kids will make a few bucks from a jersey sale, autograph, photo shoot, etc......they are now going to be classified, in the IRS mind, as professionals.

What's funny is that we were begging the IRS to look in to kids making money on the side from bagmen. lol. Welp.
I get the big payoffs, bag men, etc. But FFS the political hacks can't let a kid make a few bucks from his own friggin autograph, etc without them trying to tax a scholarship? The athlete doesn't make income from the scholarship or the school. I know it was just one guy tweeting some BS but SMH

Advertisement
Of course..a kid from south Florida whose already a little league/high school football star should have even more incentive to stay home & reap those benefits going forward into their college career.

Can’t convince me that a kid whose already a football a star from south Florida will make more money off of their likeness and image in a BS college town.

While i can see that argument from one side, i can also see the counter. What's the rules around signatures?

If these SEC schools set up signing sessions, they can overpay anyone else for these kids to sign. How is that regulated?
Miami doesn't fill stadiums. These non-pro markets do and are willing to spend fortunes for things like autographs and jerseys.

im all for taxing anyone whos making a profit bc it is income, but not their scholarship

While i can see that argument from one side, i can also see the counter. What's the rules around signatures?

If these SEC schools set up signing sessions, they can overpay anyone else for these kids to sign. How is that regulated?
Miami doesn't fill stadiums. These non-pro markets do and are willing to spend fortunes for things like autographs and jerseys.

this is in reply to tee -- no one gives a **** bout the local kid (the average fan not a CIS fan). no one even knows who they are. ****, we cant even fill a stadium for a noon game but you expect the avergae fan to have heard about some little kidplaying little league in inner city miami? no. i remmeber in 01, they were doing kids in free for certain home games. miamis fan base is too small.

im all for taxing anyone whos making a profit bc it is income, but not their scholarship
Exactly, just like the biggest scam out there in property tax. Wtf do I have to pay tax every year on what my property is worth when I'm not making that money? I know school, roads, whatever but fack that! Lol

Advertisement
Back