The game just changed forever

Don't need a scholarship is some goober pays your way. They will have 5 star walk ons

All the five stars are already getting huge money , 100’s of thousands. They can get there money and go somewhere and play. The goal is still getting to the nfl. 100 kids on a roster , that’s all 4-5 stars wont and can’t happen.

Bama already loses a ton of transfers as it is with 85 kids. They want their money and to play.

Advertisement
Y’all are on crack if you don’t think a Tebow like player wouldn’t make killer bank in Miami. That’s hilarious , I can’t even believe y’all think that lmao.

The biggest cfb player in a big market like Miami would be insane. Come on, y’all can’t be tripping this hard.

I’ve lived in gainesville majority of my life , there’s no chance in the world it would even be close. Tebow was a brand in itself . Put that in a huge market like Miami....pffft.

So one player in 20 years is going to make money?

But you didn’t answer my question? They already get the best 25, how does this make their roster better?

Also believe it or not Miami is still a huge brand , in 2017 we had some of the highest viewed regular season games of the last 5-6 years. Miami apparel also does really well.

I don’t think UM fans really understand how powerful the brand still is. All their negativity has overwhelmed their brain. Just like our players some overrate them and some underrate them.

Hate it or love it but that brand is still one of the biggest in the country. No matter how many retards there is in the athletic Dept or how ever many corches we hire.

This allows Miami to do things they’d normally not even try because of fear of the ncaa.

Just landing 5-6 more elite Sfla kids a class would be huge.

As for you “ not on tv“ comment , we’re still on National tv every Saturday , regardless if it’s the AccN, Espn, ESPN 2 or abc. **** if we’re just pretty good we stay in good television spot. Back to 2017 we were literally the lead prime time game multiple weaks, I’m pretty sure in back to back weaks. That was two years ago , the brand is still strong my friend.

B/c I live outside of the Miami market, b/c I have friends who work in the apparel industry, I can tell you that the 2017 team was a highly viewed team b/c of the marketing of the TO Chain. Everyone was enamored off the TO Chain. The TO Chain began to have a life of it's own b/c it appeared to have some mythical power that motivated the team. Once the slipper came off, we fell hard from graces.

I think we put way too much emphasis on the brand. Our brand is not nearly as strong, and gets weaker by each passing moment. So let me be clear, this rule of players getting paid on their likeness will benefit players who are marketable, and you become marketable when you play at a winning program. In order for us to benefit from this, we have to start winning ball games, period. An elite kid is still going to want to play for a good to elite school, ESPECIALLY since his name is now on the line.

This will be equivalent to Uncle Luke "allegedly giving kids a couple of hundreds to knock out a player, v. SMU buying kids brand new cars.

Miami, USC, are UCLA are very big winners from this.

It’s common sense dude, I think some are just so negative about the state of the program they can’t wrap their heads around it.

Nobody is saying we’ll out recruit the big 4-5 cheaters but this most definitely helps.....a lot.

Advertisement
It’s common sense dude, I think some are just so negative about the state of the program they can’t wrap their heads around it.

Nobody is saying we’ll put recruit the big 4-5 cheaters but this most definitely helps.....a lot.

Lay it out for us who don’t get it. A blue chip recruit is being recruited by everyone. Exactly who in Miami is going to give money to this player, and under what circumstances?

Drive through Alabama.

We moved to Atlanta and drove through every state numerous times. Atlanta was a backwater, so you can imagine what Alabama is like.

Mississippi has parts that are great. Natchez and the towns near Louisiana are cool. I love New Orleans, Cajun country and Creole country. The Low Country is one of the US' best locations. Oxford is small but great. Georgia is a colossal bore. Tennessee is also boring but a cool place to visit. Arkansas's Ozarks and Hot Springs are worth one visit.

There is NOTHING redeemable about Alabama. You put #1 QB in KKK Land and the #2 QB in Miami, and I GUARANTEE you that the #2 QB makes at least double what KKK's slinger makes!
Riddle me this. How much money do you think the Hurricanes football program generates in South Florida? The number is dwarfed by the amount of $ generated by Alabama. The place becomes a ghost town when the games are on. You can have a Canes game on and people won't even know they are playing.

So one player in 20 years is going to make money?

No , I’m saying a good player on national level will destroy any sec school or any other small market if in a big market. They said Tebow would be better off financially at uf. I said they were on crack if they think that.

Theres a reason nba guys leave for big markets.

Lmao at "free labor."

"The time of voluntarily signing a scholarship that entails free food, housing, education, clothing, shoes, fame, and the opportunity to audition for the NFL where you will earn millions of dollars is over!

No longer will we suffer the torture of free recruiting visits with all the steak and sorority girls we can eat! No longer will we move into million dollar, newly-renovated dorm rooms, leaving behind our one-bedroom house where we slept on the floor with 6 siblings. The time of oppression is -- hang on let me grab my personalized smoothie and head to my massage from our personal trainer -- is over!"

Racial sterotype much?

Advertisement
Lay it out for us who don’t get it. A blue chip recruit is being recruited by everyone. Exactly who in Miami is going to give money to this player, and under what circumstances?

I'm not the guy you are asking the question to but my best guess would be local businesses. The big names coming up in South Florida football are known locally are they not? Are they popular and talked about by people who live in South Florida? I'm seriously asking, I don't live near Miami.

If these kids have localized celebrity-like status as 15-18 year olds then local businesses would want to co-opt that as a way to advertise their businesses.

To me that is the simple answer. The TV market, and major brands that requires something altogether different. But if these high school kids are already well known locally then local businesses would love to leverage that brand in some way to profit off of it. The problem is someone has to do the leg work to convince players, local businesses, etc... to do that and how they could make a profit doing that. In the SEC schools businesses will do this just to help the team out, regardless of the profit motive is my concern. Every Alabama recruit is going to have 12 cars by the time they graduate.

I'm not the guy you are asking the question to but my best guess would be local businesses. The big names coming up in South Florida football are known locally are they not? Are they popular and talked about by people who live in South Florida? I'm seriously asking, I don't live near Miami.

If these kids have localized celebrity-like status as 15-18 year olds then local businesses would want to co-opt that as a way to advertise their businesses.

To me that is the simple answer. The TV market, and major brands that requires something altogether different. But if these high school kids are already well known locally then local businesses would love to leverage that brand in some way to profit off of it. The problem is someone has to do the leg work to convince players, local businesses, etc... to do that and how they could make a profit doing that. In the SEC schools businesses will do this just to help the team out, regardless of the profit motive is my concern. Every Alabama recruit is going to have 12 cars by the time they graduate.

They might have celebrity status among a niche crowd, but the general population in Miami doesn’t know Hurricane and Dolphin players, much less high school players. I’m not seeing why a car dealership would pay money for an endorsement with virtually no return.

Advertisement

Think this an underrated point, you don’t have to be a pro to have a following or be marketable honestly the youth drives the market in a lot of ways. some of the HS stars & College stars are more marketable in this area then Professionals .. Jerry Jeudy right now is more popular than any dolphin player here in the community .. I mean **** the Orange bowl use to get **** near sold out for high school football games .. Cook, Patrick Peterson , LJackson, We all know the local studs are game changers and would be a huge draw to local businesses before they become pros and opportunities in this market with the new rule in my opinion. But we do need to win ASAP and our brand has been damaged, but the potential this gives us is limitless, interested to see if and what type of restrictions will come

Y’all are on crack if you don’t think a Tebow like player wouldn’t make killer bank in Miami. That’s hilarious , I can’t even believe y’all think that lmao.

The biggest cfb player in a big market like Miami would be insane. Come on, y’all can’t be tripping this hard.

I’ve lived in gainesville majority of my life , there’s no chance in the world it would even be close. Tebow was a brand in itself . Put that in a huge market like Miami....pffft.

i said only a tebow like player would. we havent had one in forever (not to the level of tebow like fame)

Advertisement
05289871-9B41-4D84-8982-0A2041705A2A.png

Gives us a clearer path in the ACC too 😍

They might have celebrity status among a niche crowd, but the general population in Miami doesn’t know Hurricane and Dolphin players, much less high school players. I’m not seeing why a car dealership would pay money for an endorsement with virtually no return.

If there would indeed be no return then you are correct. I don't know that, I assumed local football stars were big names in the area. If the local market doesn't care at all about good football or big name football stars who will go on to big college careers (and pro football) within its borders then the only way this could help Miami easily is boosters paying players via their businesses. And I don't think Miami has the boosters other programs have.

Then we are back to the large media market argument and brand argument which I can go either way on.

no one really knows the HS players down here. the average sports fan doesnt give a **** bout recruiting anywhere. were a niche crowd amongst a sea of who the **** is that. most people just see the NSD classes and say ok cool.

They didnt actually do this, they voted to start looking at ways to do it... but it does mean that they have accepted it as an inevitability.

Ahh, a poster that reads and comprehends what is written .... thx for clarifying. 👍

Advertisement
Back