The game just changed forever

I sure didn't believe the schools should profit off of individuals who they were taking the time to produce and market their jerseys with their names on them. However, not sure how this is going to work, be fairly distributed, effect recruiting, or not cause more team/ego problems than there already are. And lets face it; you're probably not going to see this filter down much outside of notable names in the big winning programs (The rich get richer).

I'm also guessing since the FBI announced after Basketball, they were looking at football, that is what hurried the NCAA along (Saban and the Pres are buds, his old LSU AD)

If you get payed with an education like the argument goes, than I aways thought individual colleges should have used those sales to develop an emergency medical fund for those who were "Injured on the job." Link it to proven specific injuries that may not show for a while (CTE).

I played small college ball. I'm an older guy now - every one of the guys I've played with on the Offensive line (Four of us started together for four years, the 5th was a year ahead of us, and was with us for three) has had at least two operations and as many as 9 (one guy's back operations). The others were for ankles, knees, shoulders, necks - all related to football injuries they received between 18-22 years of age. And coming from the era where you used you head as a battering ram, I guarantee we have a little CTE in our group - I played most of a game with a concussion - young and dumb. Some of my HS buddies who played at other colleges and I were talking and we've known guys we played with who commited suicide (Likely CTE - but they didn't play pro-ball or have their stories on TV). I was the lucky one - lots of ached and pains, but no operations.

Last edited:
Advertisement
So star QBs will be able to make bank, while the oline that blocks for him will make nothing? I'm sure this wont last long.

The catastrophic part for us would be if they taxed our kids based on tuition cost.

$60k UM

UF, FSU and UCF-far less than half.

Lol. Do you know how this rule work? You do realize it's about getting paid off

Then why can't my Bulls get anyone now? You still have to win, Cribby. Why do LBJ sell out jerseys, or MJ back in the day? People still want to be around winners.

You’d be shocked at the list of high jersey sells over the years , a bunch of guys without titles that were just cool. Jason Williams, Kemp, Iverson, VC, Rose, Lin, Westbrook, Francis etc.

We’re not going to agree on this one sir , so I will end this. I don’t have the strength to do a OriginalGatorHater eight page argument or debate, when I know neither side will budge. OGH will be arguing in his casket , dude has an unreal talent.

Plus this arguing is hurting me too bad, I just don’t know how to react to disagreeing with you.

I’ll leave you with this.... market is in marketing. Miami is a big market , which equals “ big marketing “.

I just blew your mind!! Or maybe both of us are wrong and it won’t make a difference to anybody. Double mind blown !!

Advertisement
Pretty sure we aren’t playing on a 0 but what does this mean?

I’m not sure if it is good or bad for the Miami Hurricanes, I’m guessing if adidas is allowed to join party and we are there Top school that would help a ton, and if we can get individuals who maybe in the past wouldn’t be involved paying kids under the table now do, that would be huge

Maybe they are getting something at Miami but even Nevin wasn’t dropping bags here. We sure don’t have boosters stealing 100K from children’s hospitals for a player

Advertisement
Honestly if our program wasn’t in shambles and almost extinct I think everyone would be in agreement this is beneficial for The U. If used creatively this could mitigate lack of numbers in fan base , Our brand has always been more of a national & fickle appeal .. like a hip/urban/cultural phenomenon type of deal and alumni base in NE.and spread out. we have the ability to make College football appeal in major markets. I just think about 2017 Notre dame we were the talk of the country . The amount of pub and buzz was surreal .. we’ve never been good in the technology/Social media era so it’s hard to grasp how off the charts marketing/exposure/reach could be.

Just imagine our glory years in present day Média climate /technology advancements/ social media platforms lol but now we operate & perform like a mid major so I understand the concern and ppl who think this will further put the nail in the coffin.

Advertisement
That's what i was thinking. I apologize to everyone if I'm just really dumb, but doesn't this just make the "bag" game legal? So now everyone can bag it's just a matter of how much?

No it doesn't. If boosters start to outright pay a recruit out in the open consequences would be the same. This just allows players to use their name and image to their advantage. Has nothing to do with dropping bags which I'm sure will still continue. Business as usual.

Advertisement
You’d be shocked at the list of high jersey sells over the years , a bunch of guys without titles that were just cool. Jason Williams, Kemp, Iverson, VC, Rose, Lin, Westbrook, Francis etc.

We’re not going to agree on this one sir , so I will end this. I don’t have the strength to do a OriginalGatorHater eight page argument or debate, when I know neither side will budge. OGH will be arguing in his casket , dude has an unreal talent.

Plus this arguing is hurting me too bad, I just don’t know how to react to disagreeing with you.

I’ll leave you with this market is in marketing. Miami is a big market , which equals “ big marketing “.

I just blew your mind!! Or maybe both of us are wrong and it won’t make a difference to anybody. Double mind blown !!

I'm not sure where the first part of that post came from....I think I started to say something, and erased it but like twitter, it came back. lol

I just see some flaws, but we'll see bro.
You're still my guy, and nothing will change w/ that. Difference of opinions, that's it.

Only thing I like is that it puts everything out in the open...

If we do have bagmen that have wanted to get us in the game but have been scared off by the admin saying they cant afford another investigation maybe that helps us...

Take care of some s.florida kids who ALWAYS talk about wishing/wanting to stay home but knowing they NEEDED to go away to help out at home

Nope bc that was the first thing I thought about. I really don’t see how this would benefit Miami in terms of us being able to offer something another program can’t.

It's called a big market.

To keep it a buck, yes Clemson's athletic department spends crazy money on their football program, but Miami has one thing they will NEVER have, and that's being in a big market.

A kid that can make money off of his own name and likeness and enjoy South Beach????

Ain't too many kids turning that down.

Yes Clemson and their boosters can pay a high profile kid 80k or 100k to play right now, but a smart kid who has a lot of earning potential would understand that he can make a lot more than that by himself (is this big market) under these new NCAA rules.

Advertisement
Back