The GA Tech Stadium Experience

Advertisement
Well the DJ did get on the mic during one of UM's offensive plays and said, "How you spin anything is how you spin everything. I'm built for this. Next record up. Let's just Go!"

:beedog2:
Lmao…..really? That’s questionable. He should go based off that alone.

The rule changes are atrocious. Agree with all these points (especially the no replay abomination) - but now there is SO much time during the football game spent not playing football that pretty much any in-game entertainment is annoying. I’m a patient guy and love college football, but it is HARD to sit through.

Advertisement
I'll never ***** in here again to fl locals about attending games..ever.
Glad I'm thousands of miles away.
And Rad is a buffoon..don't care who disagrees.

If it's any consolation (spoiler alert- it won't be), USC does almost the exact same **** with an absolute garbage DJ and for some reason he too has the ability to still be heard even once play resumes. The conferences shouldn't allow any of it but two once-proud programs should be better than it too.

The whole cornball DJ nonsense doesn't resonate with actual football fans and it doesn't appeal to the students. The only people that appreciate that nonsense are little kids and middle-aged women that insist on going to the games but still know nothing about the game. They just wanna dance to bad wedding music.

Pretty mopey.
The offense killed the vibe.
It wasn’t the cancer video or the dj.

Scoring 3 points in one half is what killed it.
This city loves winners.
The PA system is broke. I couldn’t hear anything the dude was saying and the music was full of static.

But the crowd was good and simply begging for something to get going.

When Jdub picked that ball off the place exploded. Only to then be quieted by a drawn out short field td drive full of stoppages.

This had every element needed to be a great night. Unfortunately, it was handcuffed by anemic offense and a ref that was determined to do everything to stop momentum.
We score 30 by halftime and that place was gonna be a party.

Advertisement
The stadium experience was fine last night...

it's the fans who actually sucked in my opinion. Half of my section cleared out halfway through the 4th to avoid traffic.

Even more cleared out after we took a lead with plenty of time on the clock.

Just embarrassing

I go to games to get out of the house...can't continue to go, only to experience this nonsense. When I go to a football game, I want to go to a ******* football game. Not a club, not to see cancer survivors, not to salute the troops, not to partake in trivia games on my phone, not to choose the next song the ****** DJ plays, not sit and stare at a screen most of the time I am there because they have 6 minute TV timeouts 5 times a quarter, not to sit in traffic for 45 minutes TO GET IN, I am cool with seeing the Sunsations ONCE, but not four times and another two for the cheerleaders...ya know, I just want a normal ******* gameday experience and watch some football at a sterile professional stadium with 50,000 other dumb ***** like myself that should have done something better with their night.

I feel like there was one OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

C
A
N
E
S

CANES!

all night. what are we doing here?
I get it. Kinda went through a similar thing maybe 10 years ago where it just wasn’t worth it anymore for all the reasons you mentioned coupled with me getting older and having a wife and kids. In general, the live game experience for football has gotten worse as the target audience has widened. Everything you see other than the play on the field seems like some sort of planned marketing/sales gimmick. I get that some of that is necessary, but it just gets old after a while. Now you’ll have to pardon me while I step outside and yell at these kids to get off my lawn.

There were multiple times that I could hear the DJ and music in the background on my TV at home. Guy has zero self and spatial awareness.

Even at home the commercial breaks are brutal. They kill any momentum and ruin the flow. They really need to fix it like the NFL did. I can’t imagine how bad it is at the stadium

Advertisement
Corporatism is ruining sports, just like it's ruined everything else...and before you get on to me, I'm not a lefty in any sense of the word.

I haven't been to a home game since 2019, but I can tell the experience has continued to get worse. I remember that last year was terrible getting in and out because of all of the new "amenities" starting to be built outside the stadium. The music back then was mixed. It does seem like CFB is much more entertainment than sport these days...just look at how clearly rigged that game was last night in terms of perfectly placed calls to absolutely snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Last edited:
Hard Rock stadium is the worst venue for NFL games or college games. Everything about seeing a game there sucks.
Disagree. Love the stadium but some things need to be tweaked (Dan Radakovich take note).

In case some of you missed it, people at other stadiums have same complaints. TV timeouts are ruining it. Louisville hasn’t sold out a game in over 4 years until last night when ND came to town. Saban is always whining at the students for not going, blah blah blah. Human nature = everything’s wrong when you lose the game.

Well the DJ did get on the mic during one of UM's offensive plays and said, "How you spin anything is how you spin everything. I'm built for this. Next record up. Let's just Go!"

:beedog2:
Was that him yelling into the mic late in the game while the ball was snapped? What an absolute disgrace this program is.

Advertisement
Honest to god I thought we'd get a penalty for the DJ playing music during the game, legit thought it was against the rules. He was ******* terrible. Was going ti complain about jim amd the refs before other **** happened

Advertisement
Back