The GA Tech Stadium Experience

If you weren't at the stadium last night then you likely don't realize just how bad attending a Miami Hurricanes game has become. The stadium experience for UM games remains to be one of the worst in all of sport.

* Last night was perhaps the most subdued night game Ive ever attended. The crowd was late coming in as usual. By mid first quarter there were more people in the stadium than I saw at the Texas A & M game, yet they made way less noise.

* Games on the ACC network are the worst sporting events to attend. Every single game stoppage is met with a 3 minute timeout break. The crowd can never generate any energy. I've posted about this previously.

* EVERY - SINGLE - TV - TIMEOUT is filled with some stupid, non-football related nonsense. It's either a game on the big screen or media wannabe person saluting some random first responder or community activist or youth league team or other. It is a constant distraction from the game. I went to the TAMU game last season and there was none of this. Every TV timeout at A & M had the entire stadium talking about down & distance, what they're seeing in the game, expected play calls, players, etc.... You know, FOOTBALL TALK. That never occurs at a UM game unless you want to scream over the planned distractions.

* The DJ. If you read nothing else, read this. The DJ completely destroyed the game last night. He was out of ******* control. What's worse is that no one in stadium management seemed to know or care. He kept getting worse and worse throughout the game.

He consistently played music while the ball was in play. Many people in our section were getting ****ed and yelling for him to turn the music off. He was regularly playing music until the play clock got below 15 seconds. Twice during the game he did not turn the music off until the ball was snapped. (once during UM's offense & once during Ga Tech's offense). I kept hoping the referee would throw a flag on the DJ, simply because the UM Athletic Department is filled with drooling idiots who know nothing about sports. If it would have happened, I guarantee you the fans would have cheered that penalty against UM.

Some folks will take offense to my next point but this needs to be said:

* INSANELY DEPRESSING CANCER VIDEO. Late first quarter they played a 90 second video that was subdued, it had loud ominous, depressing theme music playing and went on and on about people having cancer, getting their lives destroyed, etc. I watched 45K+ people all fall into absolute silence. Cheering for a football game became extremely difficult for a good ten minutes. This was completely inappropriate for a sporting event. Just pathetic.

The stadium experience is so bad that I often wonder if UM is doing it on purpose. I refuse to believe people running an athletic department can be this incompetent.

Black uniforms on the same night as Pink night matched horribly and created just awful dynamics

Advertisement
The whole operation on Gameday feels and comes off as tone deaf. Not even talking about the team.

Everyone should read your post...its all true...its not a great Gameday Experience. The DJ should be the first person out the door. He's ******* terrible, objectively and subjectively. If there is a single person that thinks this guy is good, please show yourselves.
“Tone deaf” is the perfect description of the entire University. It’s been that way going back at minimum to that kuntt Donna Shalala who never met a check from an unvetted booster nor a virtue signal she didn’t love. All of the points from the OP are simply examples of this tone deafness. It’s a turn off. Big time. And it keeps my wallet in my pocket when the donation calls come.

**** all this awareness bull **** why can’t we get back to good ole fashion hard nose college football.. the cancer video is way out of line.. commercial timeouts are ridiculous. They control the game as much as the refs if not more. It’s just not fun to attend. Break out the green and white Yama yama.

If you weren't at the stadium last night then you likely don't realize just how bad attending a Miami Hurricanes game has become. The stadium experience for UM games remains to be one of the worst in all of sport.

* Last night was perhaps the most subdued night game Ive ever attended. The crowd was late coming in as usual. By mid first quarter there were more people in the stadium than I saw at the Texas A & M game, yet they made way less noise.

* Games on the ACC network are the worst sporting events to attend. Every single game stoppage is met with a 3 minute timeout break. The crowd can never generate any energy. I've posted about this previously.

* EVERY - SINGLE - TV - TIMEOUT is filled with some stupid, non-football related nonsense. It's either a game on the big screen or media wannabe person saluting some random first responder or community activist or youth league team or other. It is a constant distraction from the game. I went to the TAMU game last season and there was none of this. Every TV timeout at A & M had the entire stadium talking about down & distance, what they're seeing in the game, expected play calls, players, etc.... You know, FOOTBALL TALK. That never occurs at a UM game unless you want to scream over the planned distractions.

* The DJ. If you read nothing else, read this. The DJ completely destroyed the game last night. He was out of ******* control. What's worse is that no one in stadium management seemed to know or care. He kept getting worse and worse throughout the game.

He consistently played music while the ball was in play. Many people in our section were getting ****ed and yelling for him to turn the music off. He was regularly playing music until the play clock got below 15 seconds. Twice during the game he did not turn the music off until the ball was snapped. (once during UM's offense & once during Ga Tech's offense). I kept hoping the referee would throw a flag on the DJ, simply because the UM Athletic Department is filled with drooling idiots who know nothing about sports. If it would have happened, I guarantee you the fans would have cheered that penalty against UM.

* INSANELY DEPRESSING CANCER VIDEO. Late first quarter they played a 90 second video that was subdued, it had loud ominous, depressing theme music playing and went on and on about people having cancer, getting their lives destroyed, etc. I watched 45K+ people all fall into absolute silence. Cheering for a football game became extremely difficult for a good ten minutes. This was completely inappropriate for a sporting event. Just pathetic.

The stadium experience is so bad that I often wonder if UM is doing it on purpose. I refuse to believe people running an athletic department can be this incompetent.

"The DJ. If you read nothing else, read this. The DJ completely destroyed the game last night. He was out of ******* control."

THIS 100%!!!!!

He kept playing the music into the play or cut it off with less one second before the snap. How is this allowed?? especially when we are on offense???? It's like he thinks it's his moment...his concert and everybody is there for HIM!
Embarrassing. Hope someone does something about it but they probably don't even care.
As far as the crowd noise it was subdued but I think we didn’t give the crowd something to get loud about.

Advertisement

Could not agree more. It needed to be said.

“Tone deaf” is the perfect description of the entire University. It’s been that way going back at minimum to that kuntt Donna Shalala who never met a check from an unvetted booster nor a virtue signal she didn’t love. All of the points from the OP are simply examples of this tone deafness. It’s a turn off. Big time. And it keeps my wallet in my pocket when the donation calls come.
I go to games to get out of the house...can't continue to go, only to experience this nonsense. When I go to a football game, I want to go to a ******* football game. Not a club, not to see cancer survivors, not to salute the troops, not to partake in trivia games on my phone, not to choose the next song the ****** DJ plays, not sit and stare at a screen most of the time I am there because they have 6 minute TV timeouts 5 times a quarter, not to sit in traffic for 45 minutes TO GET IN, I am cool with seeing the Sunsations ONCE, but not four times and another two for the cheerleaders...ya know, I just want a normal ******* gameday experience and watch some football at a sterile professional stadium with 50,000 other dumb ***** like myself that should have done something better with their night.

I feel like there was one OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

C
A
N
E
S

CANES!

all night. what are we doing here?

I go to games to get out of the house...can't continue to go, only to experience this nonsense. When I go to a football game, I want to go to a ******* football game. Not a club, not to see cancer survivors, not to salute the troops, not to partake in trivia games on my phone, not to choose the next song the ****** DJ plays, not sit and stare at a screen most of the time I am there because they have 6 minute TV timeouts 5 times a quarter, not to sit in traffic for 45 minutes TO GET IN, I am cool with seeing the Sunsations ONCE, but not four times and another two for the cheerleaders...ya know, I just want a normal ******* gameday experience and watch some football at a sterile professional stadium with 50,000 other dumb ***** like myself that should have done something better with their night.

C
A
N
E
S

CANES!

Sebastian only does the C-A-N-E-S chant after a UM score. That's why there wasnt many last night.

Advertisement
Did you watch any of the SC-Arizona game? I saw the last few minutes. When Caleb scored the winning two point conversion the Coliseum had the same club strobe light show. God awful.

Yeah; I watched the whole game. Funny thing? They just implemented that! Lol. UCLA did, too. Lol

the DJ is awful. I’m all for home firld advantage but if I was GT I would have been ****ed - they were playing music right up until the snap.

The “games” they play are super cringe.

Sometimes he kept playing the music after the snap into the play. That happend at least once while WE were on offense. I don't know how the tean doesn't complain about it

Advertisement
Attendance had been an issue for as long as this school has had football. Even worse now that the stadium is where it is. If competent people ran this program they would make going to games fun and worthwhile. Instead they do nothing. They listen to all the complaints and make some themselves, take the money and give nothing in return. Atmosphere matters, especially when the team is dead. They don’t care.
Nothing is going to matter until we win consistently.

As a long time season ticket holder they need less music and more replays. I have to watch the game over again (not this one) every time I come home b/c they rarely show any replays.

I also have aisle seats and the mother****ers that let people walk down the aisle in the middle of a play need to GTFOH.

Nothing is going to matter until we win consistently.

As a long time season ticket holder they need less music and more replays. I have to watch the game over again (not this one) every time I come home b/c they rarely show any replays.

I also have aisle seats and the mother****ers that let people walk down the aisle in the middle of a play need to GTFOH.
I don’t disagree about the winning part, but it still won’t be full all the time even if the team is winning. There has to be some kind of effort to bring in more fans. And that starts with a better DJ, replay board guy, etc.

Might as well treat these garbage games like minor league teams do. $1 hot dog night or something like it.

Sometimes he kept playing the music after the snap into the play. That happend at least once while WE were on offense. I don't know how the tean doesn't complain about it
Dude was playing “Titi Me Pregunto” and yelled “EVERYBODY SING!!” as TVD is getting sacked on a crucial 3rd down close to the red zone. Un-*******-believable.

Advertisement
Sebastian only does the C-A-N-E-S chant after a UM score. That's why there wasnt many last night.
I know...but I can't remember any other than the Parrish touchdown.

Did they do it after the RIley Williams TD? I can not remember at all.

That intersection of the turnpike, 826 and 95 seems to get worse every time. Yet you can't even really choose an alternate route.
didn’t get home until 2am becuase they decided to shut down the palmetto for construction. Some things you can’t make up

C
A
N
E
S

CANES!

**** yeah. This is what was great (from our perspective) about the OB. Absolutely nothing to do but watch football. No multimedia experience or ads.

Advertisement
Back