Confirmed The expectation is that Kevin Steele will be hired as Miami’s defensive coordinator, per sources

1666620823942.png

Advertisement
I’m good with Steele tbh..

His best LB is a freshman.

His CBs are trash.

Safety has been a let down.

DL is getting better every game.

I’m todays ridiculous offensive schemes.. it’s nearly impossible to have great defensive anymore.. I think this defense has done “enough”, with a better play caller at OC, I think we’d have a much better record with the same play on defense so far.

He’s the only coordinator that should come back next season.

Advertisement
I’m good with Steele tbh..

His best LB is a freshman.

His CBs are trash.

Safety has been a let down.

DL is getting better every game.

I’m todays ridiculous offensive schemes.. it’s nearly impossible to have great defensive anymore.. I think this defense has done “enough”, with a better play caller at OC, I think we’d have a much better record with the same play on defense so far.

He’s the only coordinator that should come back next season.
Lol

Advertisement
Yikes. Still?
Hahaha. Funny how that could look like a totally different context now.

I was saying if we're actually successful then don't plan on our coordinators staying longer than 2-3 years as they'll inevitably get offers. Not that we need our current coordinators to stay that long TO BE successful.

**** Bro
You said this in February 😬

And that was my “neutered” take.

If you check the post, I actually edited it a bit about a week after posting it, in an attempt to be more positive. Basically I tried to talk myself into liking Steele.

My original post was even more negative and I should’ve stuck with my gut.

Absolutely hated this hire from the jump.

Advertisement
I laughed at that too. minus the 80 yard coverage busts that allowed for long and quick scores, the D has been amazing!

minus the QB draw run over and over, the D was amazing
Yea the 10 minute drive in the 3rd definitely was an anomaly.

Hahaha. Funny how that could look like a totally different context now.

I was saying if we're actually successful then don't plan on our coordinators staying longer than 2-3 years as they'll inevitably get offers. Not that we need our current coordinators to stay that long TO BE successful.
Most of us are guilty of wishful thinking

I am withholding judgment on Steele as DC. Unlike the offense which went from Top 25 in consecutive years to looking like one of the worst in cfb under Gattis (running Cristobals offense), the D has been leaky for a long time. I think the position coaches are more responsible for how much worse the D seems to be this year. Addae is looking like a Gattis-level bad hire. I hope he can recruit, because it sure doesn't look like he can coach.

Advertisement
I am withholding judgment on Steele as DC. Unlike the offense which went from Top 25 in consecutive years to looking like one of the worst in cfb under Gattis (running Cristobals offense), the D has been leaky for a long time. I think the position coaches are more responsible for how much worse the D seems to be this year. Addae is looking like a Gattis-level bad hire. I hope he can recruit, because it sure doesn't look like he can coach.
100%. The secondary coaching has been worse this year.

After a loss there will be blame in every direction, but this L does not fall on our D.

The first 17 points scored by Duke was after a Knighton fumble (drive started at our 20) Smith fumble (drive started at our 20) and TVD fumble (drive started at our 10).

When our offense turns it over 8 times and generates a measly 21 points, Steele should be the last guy mentioned. We all know that our tackling sucks, our lbs are below average, and our secondary has been an inconsistent nightmare. Imo this train wreck of a season falls completely on the offensive side of the ball.

Advertisement
Back