Confirmed The expectation is that Kevin Steele will be hired as Miami’s defensive coordinator, per sources

Advertisement
Spy In The Wild Monkey GIF by CuriosityStream

Advertisement
Advertisement
This guy has either been fired or demoted from every single DC job he’s had over the last 15 years.

Fans at all the schools he was at speak poorly of him.

He’s almost 65 years old and cut his teeth in the early 90’s when it was a completely different game.

He’s not a good recruiter.

The best job he could get this cycle was at Maryland.

This would be an awful hire and means that Cristobal struck out on many of his top choices.

Brutal.
You're an idiot. Kevin Steele has long been one of the more respected defensive minds in the game and has worked for some of the best. Even the late Bobby Bowden said "he's as strong as anybody I've ever seen in recruiting".

Is he an A+ up and coming young defensive mind type hire? No. But he's certainly above a B grade and knows how to run and call an aggressive defense.

Experienced guy and I know he’s followed saban around some and coached some good defenses but has he been productive the last 5 years or so? Would prefer a younger guy who can recruit - like belk. Steele probably won’t be here longer than 1-2 years anyhow so why not get a guy who is a beast of a crooter?

This guy has either been fired or demoted from every single DC job he’s had over the last 15 years.

Fans at all the schools he was at speak poorly of him.

He’s almost 65 years old and cut his teeth in the early 90’s when it was a completely different game.

He’s not a good recruiter.

The best job he could get this cycle was at Maryland.

This would be an awful hire and means that Cristobal struck out on many of his top choices.

Brutal.
He was not fired at Auburn. He fielded elite defenses and some fans and boosters were clamoring for him to get hired as HC instead of Harsin.

Advertisement
Holy ******* elite. I mean just downright nasty defenses. Auburn's defensive ratings according to f+

2016: 9th
2017: 3rd
2018: 8th
2019: 4th
2020: 51st

4/5 years with a top 10 defense. That's ******* insane. Insane.
and don't forget, he was on the defensive staff (LBs) under Osbourne when Nebraska defense were the legit "black shirts".

Advertisement
Holy ******* elite. I mean just downright nasty defenses. Auburn's defensive ratings according to f+

2016: 9th
2017: 3rd
2018: 8th
2019: 4th
2020: 51st

4/5 years with a top 10 defense. That's ******* insane. Insane.

I knew he was a solid dc that was maybe past his prime but this definitely is an impressive metric to be consistently good

hes solid. far better than strong.

but waiting this long for that, kinda ehh.. which was always going to be the issue, no one will praise the move because how long it took and the names that were associated with the openings.

Advertisement
Back