The entire season (and maybe Manny's tenure) hinge on tonight's result

We win tonight, we're 3-3 with a fairly easy schedule the remainder of the season. A win over a ranked team will give us confidence and Perry will get his revenge. Team will gain confidence and maybe Manny's influence on defense was just what this team needed. With Silvera and Bolden, our defense is deeper. With Perry, our offense has life and tremendous potential to be dangerous.

We lose tonight, and its over. 2-4 and every team on the schedule is a threat. Psychologically, were done. 2-4 is very difficult to overcome and the local fan base will be absolutely revolt. Low attendance, banners flying, recruits dropping and our class plummets to a top 40 class. Manny will not be able to rally this team and essentially, this team quits and we finish last in the coastal after many projected us 1st. And when was the last time that ever happened in the history of college football? Projected 1st; finished last.

We finish 5-7 or possible 4-8. And there is no coming back...
Speak for yourself delusional fan lol

Advertisement
vs UVA....loss 2-4
vs GT....we get a win 3-4
@ Pitt...loss 3-5
@FSU...loss 3-6
vs Louisville...win 4-6
@FIU...win 5-6
@Duke needing a win to get bowl eligible...toss up

Seriously thinking that the Fins could get more wins than the Canes. Look at their schedule....they are bad, but have 6 games against really bad teams just like themselves that they could luck into some wins
Think we drop it to UL, bruh

Advertisement
We finish 9-3 and this entire conversation turns around. Personally, I feel that is exactly whats going to happen. All three losses were razor close. No major adjustments or overhauls needs. Perry at QB; Manny involved with the Defense. IMHO, that's all we need to push us over the hump.
We have to stop with this razor thin loss way of thinking...outside of UF everyone we’ve played SUCKS. The schedule is significantly harder from here on out (In relation to our schedule, not nationally). Besides FIU and GT, all the teams left are probably better than VT and UNC. All we can hope for is the players some how turn it on because I don’t think coaching/scheme-wise we have what it takes to outplay the rest of our schedule. We just gotta hope the natural talent somehow takes over.

We lose tonight and Cristobal will be back in the mix... just give it time.

AIN'T GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Coach Cristobal is in a GOOD PLACE with Oregon. So I don't believe he would even give Miami a sniff or listen too. hUh Also, Miami would never pay his buy out on his LUCRATIVE contract!

And dig this too. Miami's AD is in the Thee Gables for the LONG TERM and all that. OUCH.

Advertisement
We're winning 25% of our Power 5 games going back more than a season. I see no evidence that Manny and this staff have improved things one bit. In fact, we somehow found an OL coach even worse than Searles, and an OC who is just as much in the stone age as Richt, save for bringing a TE in motion.

Willie Taggart sh#ts on Manny Diaz in terms of building a staff. He's put together quality staffs at two schools in a row.
Diaz is basically a poor man's Cuban Taggart- both love gimmicks, both bounced from previous employers after signing contracts, both are corches. However, Taggart inherited a garbage team in a division with the best team in college football, Diaz inherited a decent team in the worst division in college football. Taggart is also a much better recruiter. I wouldn't wish Tagfart or Diaz on my worst enemy's favorite team, but if I was forced to choose between one of those turds I'd choose Taggart. I'd have more confidence in him to put together a professional, quality staff and recruit talent. The only positive I can say about Diaz is that he seems to give good halftime speeches as the players seem to be more motivated and play harder in the second half of games (or maybe they only start caring when down 3 scores).

well to be fair, wasnt Briles forced onto him? thought thats how it went down. reagrdless, his Oregon staff was pretty good. he just sucks as a coach

AIN'T GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Coach Cristobal is in a GOOD PLACE with Oregon. So I don't believe he would even give Miami a sniff or listen too. hUh Also, Miami would never pay his buy out on his LUCRATIVE contract!

And dig this too. Miami's AD is in the Thee Gables for the LONG TERM and all that. OUCH.
Mario would have left Oregon money was already set aside. Dig this get off your blake and go back to cleaning the bathroom at the Hecht. As long as James is.there this program will continue to be mediocre.

Advertisement
I understand a Cane thing perfectly. However, its coaching suicide to come here. Look what happened to Richt? Left UGA and it ended miserably for him in Miami. Jimmy told Mario to go to Alabama and Jimmy created the "cane thing"! Taggert was on the verge of getting fired and run out of town.. that's the only reason he left. He destroyed Oregon and was hated there.

Mario's quote about the Miami Job after he was linked to Miami...

"We felt all in with Oregon after being here just a short amount of time — we want to be here until you got to drag me away kicking and screaming,” Cristobal said, referring to his family (wife Jessica and two sons)."

Pipe dream. The man was never coming here... not with his current arrangement in Oregon.

Oregon admin was thrilled with itself for hiring a minority coach. The team went 4-8 the previous year under Helfrich. Taggart took them to 7-5 in year 1. You couldn't be more wrong. Admin and fans were excited about year 2. No one was seriously thinking of firing a coach who won 3 more games than the previous coach and got them in a bowl. You are grasping at straws to defend your point, when its obvious that Taggart had a great situation at Oregon and decided to leave for a bad FSU program. Cristobal has a good situation and would have left for a program in decent shape post-Richt. Yes, he would have left for his dream job.

Oregon admin was thrilled with itself for hiring a minority coach. The team went 4-8 the previous year under Helfrich. Taggart took them to 7-5 in year 1. You couldn't be more wrong. Admin and fans were excited about year 2. No one was seriously thinking of firing a coach who won 3 more games than the previous coach and got them in a bowl. You are grasping at straws to defend your point, when its obvious that Taggart had a great situation at Oregon and decided to leave for a bad FSU program. Cristobal has a good situation and would have left for a program in decent shape post-Richt. Yes, he would have left for his dream job.
I am in Eugene for the game tonight and this place is beautiful.

Advertisement
AD did not want Mario enough said.

HEARSAY.... bloody HEARSAY and what not!

Do U really believe Miami's current AD would go to lame insane lengths to UNDERMINE the football program. Because if this warped crazy insinuation is true. Than U can kiss Miami, Florida Hurricane football adios!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And look forward to 7-4 or 8-4 seasons. Yikes.

Mario would have left Oregon money was already set aside. Dig this get off your blake and go back to cleaning the bathroom at the Hecht. As long as James is.there this program will continue to be mediocre.

How do you know the financial assets were set aside? Nevertheless, I do agree with you about Miami's AD.

Advertisement
Back