The entire season (and maybe Manny's tenure) hinge on tonight's result

CaneDogX

Banned
Banned
We win tonight, we're 3-3 with a fairly easy schedule the remainder of the season. A win over a ranked team will give us confidence and Perry will get his revenge. Team will gain confidence and maybe Manny's influence on defense was just what this team needed. With Silvera and Bolden, our defense is deeper. With Perry, our offense has life and tremendous potential to be dangerous.

We lose tonight, and its over. 2-4 and every team on the schedule is a threat. Psychologically, were done. 2-4 is very difficult to overcome and the local fan base will be absolutely revolt. Low attendance, banners flying, recruits dropping and our class plummets to a top 40 class. Manny will not be able to rally this team and essentially, this team quits and we finish last in the coastal after many projected us 1st. And when was the last time that ever happened in the history of college football? Projected 1st; finished last.

We finish 5-7 or possible 4-8. And there is no coming back...

Advertisement
We win tonight, we're 3-3 with a fairly easy schedule the remainder of the season. A win over a ranked team will give us confidence and Perry will get his revenge. Team will gain confidence and maybe Manny's influence on defense was just what this team needed. With Silvera and Bolden, our defense is deeper. With Perry, our offense has life and tremendous potential to be dangerous.

We lose tonight, and its over. 2-4 and every team on the schedule is a threat. Psychologically, were done. 2-4 is very difficult to overcome and the local fan base will be absolutely revolt. Low attendance, banners flying, recruits dropping and our class plummets to a top 40 class. Manny will not be able to rally this team and essentially, this team quits and we finish last in the coastal after many projected us 1st. And when was the last time that ever happened in the history of college football? Projected 1st; finished last.

We finish 5-7 or possible 4-8. And there is no coming back...
Dude seriously how old are you? And for the most part I agree with what you wrote in the last paragraph. The rest of the schedule is going to be a dog fight for this team, and I feel sorry for these kids because its not there fault.

Advertisement
Should we falter and have a losing season it will still be three years before anything changes.

I'd love for the last 5 games to have been just a speed bump on the road back, but I greatly fear it's more like a detour in a horror movie.

Advertisement
Just asking. A lot of us have been Canes fans since the late 70's early 80's etc and we only accept excellence. The past 15 years have been a tough pill to swallow and it ****es me off. We need young guys to think like us, to demand the best from our admin. Manny is not that guy. I am in Oregon and the job Mario is doing here is amazing. I wish he was our coach, he is an old school cane that would have put together a great staff and would have killed it in recruiting. But Blake ****ed him, and hired Manny. This admin is a joke and I told Alfonso Restrepo in Jan when I told him not another dime.

Advertisement
Just asking. A lot of us have been Canes fans since the late 70's early 80's etc and we only accept excellence. The past 15 years have been a tough pill to swallow and it ****es me off. We need young guys to think like us, to demand the best from our admin. Manny is not that guy. I am in Oregon and the job Mario is doing here is amazing. I wish he was our coach, he is an old school cane that would have put together a great staff and would have killed it in recruiting. But Blake ****ed him, and hired Manny. This admin is a joke and I told Alfonso Restrepo in Jan when I told him not another dime.

I heard Mario wasn't interested. He was happy at Oregon and their top 5 recruiting class. I thought he said no.

I do not have a good feeling about tonight's game. The OL is such a huge liability that is going to be very difficult to overcome. I was trying to be optimistic about the season, but reality is setting in. I think not even being bowl eligible is a real possibility we have to contend with, sadly.

I am not one to say "as long as we get a bowl, I am happy) but our guys need the practice reps a bowl would bring so we need to got there.

I heard Mario wasn't interested. He was happy at Oregon and their top 5 recruiting class. I thought he said no.
That is bull he was very interested and wanted it. Money had been set aside and talks were underway. Out of no where Blake hired Manny. Mario is building something special up here and I hope he succeeds. Best thing he ever did was listen to Jimmy Johnson when he told him to go to Bama.

Advertisement
Season is already in the dumps but today is difference from a low tier bowel game or 4-8. Lose today and a majority of the kids are gonna throw in the towel..

I do not have a good feeling about tonight's game. The OL is such a huge liability that is going to be very difficult to overcome. I was trying to be optimistic about the season, but reality is setting in. I think not even being bowl eligible is a real possibility we have to contend with, sadly.

I am not one to say "as long as we get a bowl, I am happy) but our guys need the practice reps a bowl would bring so we need to got there.
I had a bad feeling last week, but I have a good feeling tonight. These kids need this win.

Advertisement
Back