The entire season (and maybe Manny's tenure) hinge on tonight's result

Advertisement
I heard Mario wasn't interested. He was happy at Oregon and their top 5 recruiting class. I thought he said no.
Mario isn't going to leave Oregon unless he gets canned. Who in their right mind, would leave Oregon and Phil Knight's $$$$$$ to come back and coach in this hellhole run by two nasty women and an eunuch who probably don't even know what a damned football looks like? Some of you guys are beyond delusional. We will struggle to finish 3-9, with 2-10 a distinct possibility.

Last edited:
I thought we'd win vs FLA, UNC and VT. I think we loose this one. Hopefully my streak of being wrong continues... :(

No. This is it... there is no recovering from 2-4. 0-3 in conference play; tough battles ahead... just no. this team absolutely quits with a loss tonight.
You picked the wrong week. The season was over after losing to UNC and any semblance of salvaging the season was lost to VTech last weekend. We're a 3-9 to 5-7 team whose only role now is to play the upset. I still want the Canes to win but I feel a bit sorry for anyone that is still holding on to any hope at this point.

Mario isn't going to leave Oregon unless he gets canned. Who in their right mind, would leave Oregon and Phil Knight's $$$$$$ to come back and coach in this hellhole run by two nasty women and an eunuch who probably don't even know what a damned football looks like? Some of you guys are beyond delusional.

That was my thought. Oregon has it all. What is the draw coming to Miami from Oregon?

Advertisement
Willie Taggart sh#ts on Manny Diaz in terms of building a staff. He's put together quality staffs at two schools in a row.
Diaz is basically a poor man's Cuban Taggart- both love gimmicks, both bounced from previous employers after signing contracts, both are corches. However, Taggart inherited a garbage team in a division with the best team in college football, Diaz inherited a decent team in the worst division in college football. Taggart is also a much better recruiter. I wouldn't wish Tagfart or Diaz on my worst enemy's favorite team, but if I was forced to choose between one of those turds I'd choose Taggart. I'd have more confidence in him to put together a professional, quality staff and recruit talent. The only positive I can say about Diaz is that he seems to give good halftime speeches as the players seem to be more motivated and play harder in the second half of games (or maybe they only start caring when down 3 scores).
I can't disagree with you at all. Leavitt is going to turn the D around.

You picked the wrong week. The season was over after losing to UNC and any semblance of salvaging the season was lost to VTech last weekend. We're a 3-9 to 5-7 team whose only role now is to play the upset. I still want the Canes to win but I feel a bit sorry for anyone that is still holding on to any hope at this point.

We finish 9-3 and this entire conversation turns around. Personally, I feel that is exactly whats going to happen. All three losses were razor close. No major adjustments or overhauls needs. Perry at QB; Manny involved with the Defense. IMHO, that's all we need to push us over the hump.

That was my thought. Oregon has it all. What is the draw coming to Miami from Oregon?
Mario also has a beast defense this year, a veteran offensive line and a possible first round quarterback. Why would he leave that when a playoff spot was a remote possibility and would revolutionize his stock as a coach.

Advertisement

No offense, but I'm guessing you guys aren't UM alum? Ever heard the saying, "It's a Cane thing, you wouldnt understand"

Cristobal is a Cane. His dream is to be the head coach the Miami Hurricanes. Yes he would leave Oregon. Cristobal's predecessor had the same deal as Cristobal- unlimited resources at Oregon. Taggart bounced after 1 year for FSU because that's where he wanted to coach. We literally just saw a coach leave Oregon after 1 year for an "inferior" job.

We win tonight, we're 3-3 with a fairly easy schedule the remainder of the season. A win over a ranked team will give us confidence and Perry will get his revenge. Team will gain confidence and maybe Manny's influence on defense was just what this team needed. With Silvera and Bolden, our defense is deeper. With Perry, our offense has life and tremendous potential to be dangerous.

We lose tonight, and its over. 2-4 and every team on the schedule is a threat. Psychologically, were done. 2-4 is very difficult to overcome and the local fan base will be absolutely revolt. Low attendance, banners flying, recruits dropping and our class plummets to a top 40 class. Manny will not be able to rally this team and essentially, this team quits and we finish last in the coastal after many projected us 1st. And when was the last time that ever happened in the history of college football? Projected 1st; finished last.

We finish 5-7 or possible 4-8. And there is no coming back...

Lose tonight and we have solidified our basketball school status.

Advertisement
No offense, but I'm guessing you guys aren't UM alum? Ever heard the saying, "It's a Cane thing, you wouldnt understand"

Cristobal is a Cane. His dream is to be the head coach the Miami Hurricanes. Yes he would leave Oregon. Cristobal's predecessor had the same deal as Cristobal- unlimited resources at Oregon. Taggart bounced after 1 year for FSU because that's where he wanted to coach. We literally just saw a coach leave Oregon after 1 year for an "inferior" job.

I understand a Cane thing perfectly. However, its coaching suicide to come here. Look what happened to Richt? Left UGA and it ended miserably for him in Miami. Jimmy told Mario to go to Alabama and Jimmy created the "cane thing"! Taggert was on the verge of getting fired and run out of town.. that's the only reason he left. He destroyed Oregon and was hated there.

Mario's quote about the Miami Job after he was linked to Miami...

"We felt all in with Oregon after being here just a short amount of time — we want to be here until you got to drag me away kicking and screaming,” Cristobal said, referring to his family (wife Jessica and two sons)."

Pipe dream. The man was never coming here... not with his current arrangement in Oregon.

vs UVA....loss 2-4
vs GT....we get a win 3-4
@ Pitt...loss 3-5
@FSU...loss 3-6
vs Louisville...win 4-6
@FIU...win 5-6
@Duke needing a win to get bowl eligible...toss up

Seriously thinking that the Fins could get more wins than the Canes. Look at their schedule....they are bad, but have 6 games against really bad teams just like themselves that they could luck into some wins

vs UVA....loss 2-4
vs GT....we get a win 3-4
@ Pitt...loss 3-5
@FSU...loss 3-6
vs Louisville...win 4-6
@FIU...win 5-6
@Duke needing a win to get bowl eligible...toss up

Seriously thinking that the Fins could get more wins than the Canes

vs UVA....Win 3-3
vs GT.... Win 4-3
@ Pitt... Win 5-3 and now we're on fire
@FSU... Win 6-3 - Huge road win
vs Louisville... 7-3
@FIU...win 8-3
@ Duke Win 9-3 and we finish 2nd in the Coastal and land a decent bowl.

Advertisement
Mario played here and won two national championships here. He is a cane all the way, but Blakd doesn't like him. Money was there for buyout and Blake did a backdoor job on him. Blake James is a loser.

Mario played here and won two national championships here. He is a cane all the way, but Blakd doesn't like him. Money was there for buyout and Blake did a backdoor job on him. Blake James is a loser.

Anyone that had to do with Shalalas admin that is still left should be shown the door....she is the cause of all of this by being a sellout

Advertisement
Back