The entire season (and maybe Manny's tenure) hinge on tonight's result

That is bull he was very interested and wanted it. Money had been set aside and talks were underway. Out of no where Blake hired Manny. Mario is building something special up here and I hope he succeeds. Best thing he ever did was listen to Jimmy Johnson when he told him to go to Bama.

Dude, that was the story that was going around. That he wasn't even really interested. He was happy at Oregon.

Advertisement
We win tonight, we're 3-3 with a fairly easy schedule the remainder of the season. A win over a ranked team will give us confidence and Perry will get his revenge. Team will gain confidence and maybe Manny's influence on defense was just what this team needed. With Silvera and Bolden, our defense is deeper. With Perry, our offense has life and tremendous potential to be dangerous.

We lose tonight, and its over. 2-4 and every team on the schedule is a threat. Psychologically, were done. 2-4 is very difficult to overcome and the local fan base will be absolutely revolt. Low attendance, banners flying, recruits dropping and our class plummets to a top 40 class. Manny will not be able to rally this team and essentially, this team quits and we finish last in the coastal after many projected us 1st. And when was the last time that ever happened in the history of college football? Projected 1st; finished last.

We finish 5-7 or possible 4-8. And there is no coming back...
Every game is a dog fight. Idk how you can think otherwise. If by some miracle we don’t come out flat and manny is really running the defense, jw never plays again then maybe we win out but doubt any game is easy with the way we start games

Advertisement
Dude seriously how old are you? And for the most part I agree with what you wrote in the last paragraph. The rest of the schedule is going to be a dog fight for this team, and I feel sorry for these kids because its not there fault.

It’s a little bit their fault. A little dog and leadership among these players or just a few less boneheaded mistakes and they’re at least 4-1. Coaches and players both share blame

Advertisement
It could be really ugly.

If this team is not prepared for all the different looks and packages they will show on D, we could get blown out. More than anything this game could expose Manny/Enos on how they are not doing their job.

I would love to think that Perry comes out and Enos has a counter to all their different looks and blitz packages. But how likely is that?

We win tonight, we're 3-3 with a fairly easy schedule the remainder of the season. A win over a ranked team will give us confidence and Perry will get his revenge. Team will gain confidence and maybe Manny's influence on defense was just what this team needed. With Silvera and Bolden, our defense is deeper. With Perry, our offense has life and tremendous potential to be dangerous.

We lose tonight, and its over. 2-4 and every team on the schedule is a threat. Psychologically, were done. 2-4 is very difficult to overcome and the local fan base will be absolutely revolt. Low attendance, banners flying, recruits dropping and our class plummets to a top 40 class. Manny will not be able to rally this team and essentially, this team quits and we finish last in the coastal after many projected us 1st. And when was the last time that ever happened in the history of college football? Projected 1st; finished last.

If our Dline can’t match UVAs Dline in total sacks, we will have a tough time, unless they turn the ball over

Advertisement
Manny is a terrible recruiter, look at his track record. My opinion he doesn't make it to 2022. **** if only wins 4 games this year they may show him the door at the end of the season.

The sarcasm must have gone over your head.

Advertisement
Blood is in the water , everyone knows it and want to feed on TV , THE RED FLAG for me was last week when we couldn't even practice without the coaches stopping droopy sloppy play before a HUGE game.

I have NO confidence in a team that practices like this even ONCE totally unacceptable but this is how I feel by what they shown , imagine if DJ didn't do what he did to make it close , Nikosi could have thrown for 600 yards it would still be a loss.

PRACTICE IS EVERYTHING.

GOCANES

Only … didn’t Willie Taggart put most of that staff in place.

Willie Taggart sh#ts on Manny Diaz in terms of building a staff. He's put together quality staffs at two schools in a row.
Diaz is basically a poor man's Cuban Taggart- both love gimmicks, both bounced from previous employers after signing contracts, both are corches. However, Taggart inherited a garbage team in a division with the best team in college football, Diaz inherited a decent team in the worst division in college football. Taggart is also a much better recruiter. I wouldn't wish Tagfart or Diaz on my worst enemy's favorite team, but if I was forced to choose between one of those turds I'd choose Taggart. I'd have more confidence in him to put together a professional, quality staff and recruit talent. The only positive I can say about Diaz is that he seems to give good halftime speeches as the players seem to be more motivated and play harder in the second half of games (or maybe they only start caring when down 3 scores).

Last edited:

See you again next Saturday thread headline.

Advertisement
Back