The End of the Striker position

we're #1 in takeaways in the power 5 since it's debuted. Might be dumb but are we implying that the players don't like it and it didn't help change the culture of forcing turnovers? because if so, you're way off base
If the chain caused that improvement, why didn’t the td rings do the same For the offense last year? Correlation isn’t causation...

and we aren’t #1 in turnovers forced since then. We’re towards the top but this year, we were 61st and have gotten worse each year since 2017.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lol

The football illiterate are always the ones that complain about the scheme the most.
Not defending OP, but as a football illiterate, I tend to use scheme and playcalling interchangeably. For instance, I said UNC had figured out our scheme, I really meant they knew what play we were going to call on defense.

Manny‘s Defensive scheme is trash it’s only better than D’onfrios by default. With that being said How will our defense look without the Striker position?

We need a defense that’s multiple and not running out of the same stupid looking formation every snap >>> I’m looking at u Manny 🤡. I want to see 4 LBers when needed, 4 CBs when needed, Two safeties and a Rover when needed.

Thoughts?

Like Diaz invented the 4-2-5? A lot of teams are running it.

Advertisement
Like Diaz invented the 4-2-5? A lot of teams are running it.

It’s not the 4-2-5 I have a problem with it’s the Striker... ppl forget Manny’s original version was to have McClouds big *** playing striker lining up against slot receivers.

Advertisement
361F933C-D934-418D-AD8A-177CAE54E054.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
I could argue that the striker position has been a top 2 performer on the defense the last few years.
Gilbert was really good last season and Romeo Finley was one of the more underrated canes defenders in the last decade.

Advertisement
Back