The End of the Striker position

Advertisement
I stopped watching very early against UNC, but did we run a 4-3 with a true SLB at any point? When we played at BC against Dillon back in 2018, our base defense was a 4-3, but I don't remember seeing much 4-3 since Baker got here.

I think people don't understand that when you play madden and you choose KC offense there's a difference between how someone like mark richt would call the plays and someone like andy reid would call the plays

baker calls a similar defense to manny, NOT the same

and he sure as **** doesn't call plays when and where needed like manny did

people lumping them together or assuming it's manny's scheme that's failing don't understand how football works

Exactly.

If some of these porsters would talk with @Lance Roffers for about 5 minutes, they might finally understand.

Manny‘s Defensive scheme is trash it’s only better than D’onfrios by default. With that being said How will our defense look without the Striker position?

We need a defense that’s multiple and not running out of the same stupid looking formation every snap >>> I’m looking at u Manny 🤡. I want to see 4 LBers when needed, 4 CBs when needed, Two safeties and a Rover when needed.

Thoughts?
4 linebackers in 2021 are gonna be great for all of the 80s big 10 offenses that we're slated to play.

Advertisement
Or “star” ... all defenses have this position.

also, when is 4 LB’s needed lol. I would much rather see them in a 5-2 front against a running formation than a 4-4 with our LB’ers
The whole reason for the “hybrid” positions is because so many teams run no huddle you can’t just sub players in and out after every play.

The name of the position is irrelevant. The problem I’ve had with it is the lack of adjustments in the personnel at the position. We’ve seen teams go after our strikers in the pass game bc they see it as our weakest DB in man coverage. But Gil has gotten better and been a bright spot in several games.

Manny‘s Defensive scheme is trash it’s only better than D’onfrios by default. With that being said How will our defense look without the Striker position?

We need a defense that’s multiple and not running out of the same stupid looking formation every snap >>> I’m looking at u Manny 🤡. I want to see 4 LBers when needed, 4 CBs when needed, Two safeties and a Rover when needed.

Thoughts?
Idiot

Advertisement
ohio state has far better linebackers than us and they got bent over a barrel when they went 4-4-3 against bama.
Ohio State could have lined up in a 4-4-4 and they still get their heads kicked in.

Manny needs to clean up the fundamentals of this scheme to get us back on track. Play 1 gap defense (play your gap) and start boxing/spilling counter. Less "exotic" blitz packages and more of the tried and true sound scheme.

Advertisement
North_Carolina_vs_Miami_FULL_Highlights___NCAAF_Week_15___College_Football_12122020.gif

that is correct, but if the players like it who tf cares? obviously forcing turnovers is not a problem
Because they care more about that than just doing their job and winning games. Our priorities are all jacked up when we’re celebrating with a chain when we’re a .500 team that is currently losing the game. We did that many times from 2018- present

Running another slow linebacker out on defense while taking one of our most consistent defenders (Frierson) off the field is a great idea.

Advertisement
Because they care more about that than just doing their job and winning games. Our priorities are all jacked up when we’re celebrating with a chain when we’re a .500 team that is currently losing the game. We did that many times from 2018- present
The chain isn't causing receivers to drop balls

And it's not causing us to lose games. It's not the SOLE reason for our success with turnovers but it HELPED us become #1 in takeaways. There is absolutely no negative of it at all, the only ones would could think that are just fans wrong perceptions about how football works

I know Macho has been critical of the scheme and he’s right. But the people that hate the striker but want us to play a defense that uses star, rover, money, nickel, joker, etc whatever you want to call it are the ones that post the most.

Macho actually brings useful reasoning.
Striker isn’t the the issue , it’s gap discipline and running zone all game. Playing for sacks and disruption is cute until offenses counter everything you’re doing. Let’s talk schematics , not a position name that every team uses.

Advertisement
Back