The Dorito Papers (Public Information Request Results)

He mentions and admits to mistakes in his email. It will be interesting to see if and how he will change his D going forward. My guess is ,after reading that email ,that it will be nothing like what we saw here.

Agree. The email actually made it sound like he will be running/calling the D that Todd Orlando installed at Houston. I don't think he will be implementing his own D.

That's why I think it will be interesting to see how they look.

I'm also not going to assume that Coach D is too stubborn to admit how successful the Miami defense was this year with a more aggressive style. He was local, and couldn't avoid seeing the progress. I think he takes that perspective with him to Houston.

Advertisement
I admit I didn't read this thread and suspect most wont based on the title; why would anyone read anything about this

I, for one, will be curious if the "scheme" employed at UH is much different than he used while @ Miami. If indeed it is, I would say that confirms a lot about Al Golden. AG appears to be a was a control freak and apparently didn't give the kids any leeway. I wonder how much that contributed to Dorito's poor performance.

Blind leading the blind?

UH defensive coordinator Mark D'Onofrio has $1.2 million contract - Houston Chronicle

Mark D'Onofrio, the new defensive coordinator at the University of Houston, will earn $1.2 million as part of a three-year deal, according to public records released Wednesday to the Houston Chronicle.

D'Onofrio, who previously spent five seasons at Miami and was out of coaching last year, will earn $400,000 annually. He can earn additional incentives based on the Cougars' win total, postseason appearances and academic performance.

Advertisement
LOL, now we know why Herman is at UT. The good ole boys of Texas were not going to let upstart Houston look better than UT, A&M or even Texas Tech. I'm sure some private influence from Baylor got involved, too. So they hamstring Applewhite with a 400K budget for a DC. Probably even told him to go hire a guy like D'O. Meanwhile, we paid Kul 50% more than that even before he got his Assistant HC promo. What is Bama paying their coaches?

Houston is going to sink back into the abyss, allowing Herman to pluck whomever he wants out of that region. Hook em.

UH defensive coordinator Mark D'Onofrio has $1.2 million contract - Houston Chronicle

Mark D'Onofrio, the new defensive coordinator at the University of Houston, will earn $1.2 million as part of a three-year deal, according to public records released Wednesday to the Houston Chronicle.

D'Onofrio, who previously spent five seasons at Miami and was out of coaching last year, will earn $400,000 annually. He can earn additional incentives based on the Cougars' win total, postseason appearances and academic performance.

1243271414_black_guy_laughing.gif

Advertisement

This was beyond retarded...and not that unusual. You can find many examples of this

This was the play that Big O specifically asked Golden about in an interview before the fateful 2015 season.

So refresh my memory, I know that was a little back-and-forth, but I actually forgot the specifics. Even if there's a link. The thing is, this is just plain bad, when rank amateurs like us can point out the schematic flaws so easily.

Our local media failed us, they should've been asking him about this and other schematic issues which were easily found from pictures stills, but they never did. Bunch of scared mice.

Advertisement
I remember Golden desperately trying to defend the formation. "Well it was designed to counter a multitude of looks the offense could have given us." "If this guy reads ___, he's supposed to fill ___ gap." If this guy reads ___, he's supposed to scrape to the outside and make the play". Blah blah blah. They're on the friggin' one yard line. You're going up against an offense that never throws the ball. By the time all these guys make their reads, the fullback is dancing in the endzone. This particular screen shot isn't even the worst example. There's another one with Georgia Tech inside the five with Deon Bush's (I think) heels on the back line of the endzone. Like he's protecting against the deep ball from an offense that's inside the five that never throws.

I remember Golden desperately trying to defend the formation. "Well it was designed to counter a multitude of looks the offense could have given us." "If this guy reads ___, he's supposed to fill ___ gap." If this guy reads ___, he's supposed to scrape to the outside and make the play". Blah blah blah. They're on the friggin' one yard line. You're going up against an offense that never throws the ball. By the time all these guys make their reads, the fullback is dancing in the endzone. This particular screen shot isn't even the worst example. There's another one with Georgia Tech inside the five with Deon Bush's (I think) heels on the back line of the endzone. Like he's protecting against the deep ball from an offense that's inside the five that never throws.

Didn't Gorlden say the LB has to "roar" into the gap (or something h0m0 like that)? That schit was hilarious.

By the time the deep linebackers take first step towards the line, the running back has already spiked the ball and the scoreboard has changed. "Roar" my ***

Those last 3 years were hard af to take. It was hard to even post back from 2013 and onwards. I was in a constant state of anger.

Advertisement

just awful....Ga Tech probably scores 10 out of 10 times with that formation smfh what a disgrace
At least he pressed the corners on this play... [emoji53]
scheme-against-georgia-tech.jpg

3rd and short.... boy I cant wait to watch the likes of Navy carve them up...

Shhhhhhhhhakin'MFH...and [MENTION=5124]Coach Macho[/MENTION] still defends this $h!t.

You've NEVER seen me defend THAT, *****.

Looks like the inside LB is playing center field. I guess it's a LB. I see 4 down linemen, though. I don't get that, but there's not much about x's and o's that I get. I don't even know what to say about the corners....I guess there was a real threat of GT going deep on 3rd and short.

I suspect that's more Golden than Dorino, but maybe I'm being charitable.

Golden should have stayed at Temple. He ruined his career by coming to Miami. Peter Principle in action. What a mess.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

The results of my Public Information Request from UH rolled in today. Slim pickings. On December 23, 2016, Dorito wrote Applewhite a suck-up email that included this statement:

"When people turn on our tape they will see a BAD *** defense that plays extremely hard and knocks the crap out of people. We will FINISH harder than they ever have, be great TACKLERS and most importantly get after the football to CREATE TAKEAWAYS and ball disruptions. Most importantly our #1 key to victory every week will be to outplay the other teams [sic] defense!"

What a crock.

Shouldn't Dorito be more concerned about outplaying the other teams' offenses???

what game was it where the opponent's offensive line was super spread out and the D line simply did not know how to react? was it K State or Wake Forest?

Advertisement
Back