The Dorito Papers (Public Information Request Results)

Advertisement
Decided schematic advantage

Wasn't that Charlie Weis' big slogan at Notre Dame?

Yes it was.

Although not so much a slogan, as it was a statement he made several times about why his teams were going to be better than everybody else's at ND. Because he said his offenses would have a decided schematic advantage. I was just paralleling to Doritos "scheme".

These morons thought their scheme was so great, they kept sticking to it even after years of evidence that it didn't work.

Last edited:
scheme-against-georgia-tech.jpg

3rd and short.... boy I cant wait to watch the likes of Navy carve them up...

Shhhhhhhhhakin'MFH...and [MENTION=5124]Coach Macho[/MENTION] still defends this $h!t.

Great coach. Would kick all of your asses. Young guy, will end up running the next NFL dynasty. Just wait.

Can't actually believe someone defends that formation on a 3rd and short against GT, with the way that offense is lined up.

Advertisement
First game against Notre Dame, Notre Dame ran the ball every play in the entire second half and Dorito did not make one adjustment, not one.

How he can get work in the game of football is a total mystery.

Taken from the Cincy game...I remember him coming back onto the field that game after halftime, with those Waffle House menus clipped to his belt and slapping him on the *** everytime he took a step...Probably brought back fond memories of his Pedo State Mentor, 'ol Jer

Advertisement
He mentions and admits to mistakes in his email. It will be interesting to see if and how he will change his D going forward. My guess is ,after reading that email ,that it will be nothing like what we saw here.

Houston sports teams, professional or collegiate seem always to have the word "SUCK" associated with them. Too bad for the Cougs. They actually had something going with Herman, but a coach like that as never going to stay there.

Lived there 20 years, never saw a winner, unless you count the Rockets, who profited from MJ's absence after his father was killed.

They deserve better than Dorito, however.

Houston would've given them a run for their money. i dont see those two years being automstic wins for bulls. Especially not the 1st one.

He mentions and admits to mistakes in his email. It will be interesting to see if and how he will change his D going forward. My guess is ,after reading that email ,that it will be nothing like what we saw here.

To be honest, much of his prior experience as an assistant before Golden was with Schiano, who was a 4-3 coach. I don't remember much about Schiano at Miami--although I remember that Franchise used to call him Monkey Boy, but I would guess it was more of an attacking defense than Golden's.

Advertisement
scheme-against-georgia-tech.jpg

3rd and short.... boy I cant wait to watch the likes of Navy carve them up...

Shhhhhhhhhakin'MFH...and [MENTION=5124]Coach Macho[/MENTION] still defends this $h!t.

You've NEVER seen me defend THAT, *****.

Looks like the inside LB is playing center field. I guess it's a LB. I see 4 down linemen, though. I don't get that, but there's not much about x's and o's that I get. I don't even know what to say about the corners....I guess there was a real threat of GT going deep on 3rd and short.

I suspect that's more Golden than Dorino, but maybe I'm being charitable.

Golden should have stayed at Temple. He ruined his career by coming to Miami. Peter Principle in action. What a mess.

It's official, Matt Porter just revealed himself to be UnionandSixth.

In email to Houston, Mark D’Onofrio says he learned from time off, will build ‘bad ***’ defense | Canes Watch

anyways, apparently Onofrio will be getting $400k....waaaaaaaay too much.

It's well known Matty porter is the franchise

Advertisement
Is any other fanbase so obsessed with their former DC after he leaves?

when the worst coach in the history of the program gets a defensive coordinator job after spending a year coaching at a boys and girls club, it's pretty noteworthy.

I think we've actually had worse...you're just not old enough to remember them. I am.

What DC have we ever had who was worse? Or even as bad? Bill Miller is probably the 2nd worst Miami DC ever. Miller was bad but not Dorito level bad.

First game against Notre Dame, Notre Dame ran the ball every play in the entire second half and Dorito did not make one adjustment, not one.

How he can get work in the game of football is a total mystery.

Anybody who didn't realize both Golden and Donofrio were horrendous corches after the Notre Dame game was a moron.

Advertisement
Back