The Dollar Store (8/19)

Advertisement
We bent ova should be the new we phucking
9U0lkyZn.gif

- Miami was blindsided by this one blah blah blah family was all Canes blah blah blah proximity won out in the end blah blah blah
- Miami is not worried in the least blah blah blah their are still numerous unnamed whales they are pursuing blah blah blah
- Miamis current commits are proving to be highly underrated blah blah blah the staff feels they have some real "diamond in the rough" types blah blah blah
Lol. You mad bro.

I'd say you got your money's worth right?

Advertisement
I think a lot of people are really failing to understand how bad last year was. Worst season in modern Miami history and then basically the entire coaching staff was fired. This is less than 12 months after they were hired. Total mess. Mario owns that.

We aren’t losing most of these recruitments due to NIL. Mario gave every opponent all the ammo they needed to say he’s not a great football coach. There is no counter to that until he puts a better team on the field. That’s it.

I do think we can get back into some of these recruitments if we look like a real team. 2022 was a total mess.
Very true. We all thought bringing Mario in would, at worst, raise our floor. The problem is that, at least for one season, he lowered that floor beyond what any of us could even think was possible.

As you said, he owns that. Now he owes us something for that as well.

- Miami was blindsided by this one blah blah blah family was all Canes blah blah blah proximity won out in the end blah blah blah
- Miami is not worried in the least blah blah blah their are still numerous unnamed whales they are pursuing blah blah blah
- Miamis current commits are proving to be highly underrated blah blah blah the staff feels they have some real "diamond in the rough" types blah blah blah
I completely understand the frustration, but let’s be honest with our past and current situation. Mario has come to Miami and delivered on a few important milestones:
1. Top 7 recruiting class in 2023
2. Major recruiting wins in the trenches
3. Delivering on a world class recruiting facility which is costing the program around $250 million.
4. Top 15 class so far in 2024 - we continue to battle

i know everyone wants immediate satisfaction, but lets support the program and trust that MC has a plan.

Do you have another plan, besides *****ing on a board that recruits read?

Advertisement
I completely understand the frustration, but let’s be honest with our past and current situation. Mario has come to Miami and delivered on a few important milestones:
1. Top 7 recruiting class in 2023
2. Major recruiting wins in the trenches
3. Delivering on a world class recruiting facility which is costing the program around $250 million.
4. Top 15 class so far in 2024 - we continue to battle

i know everyone wants immediate satisfaction, but lets support the program and trust that MC has a plan.

Do you have another plan, besides *****ing on a board that recruits read?
Ok I see we're at the "recruits read the board" stage already.

Let me guess, recruits seeing these results have nothing to do with our current recruiting woes?

5 blowout losses in one season is unprecedented at Miami, I don't think we've ever had that in one season

MTSU 45-31
Duke 45-21
FSU 45-3
Clemson 40-10
Pitt 42-16

I named 5 teams with a similar record that are recruiting better than us. Just take your L and move on "clown".
Except they aren’t “all” recruiting “better” than us. You can look at the rankings. Don’t let facts get in the way of your temper tantrum.

Advertisement
Except they aren’t “all” recruiting “better” than us. You can look at the rankings. Don’t let facts get in the way of your temper tantrum.
Temper tantrum? That’s an interesting take.

You made a dumb comment and I called you out.

You then called me a clown and said what programs that were bad last year are recruiting better than Miami to which I pointed out 5.

Just take your L and move on.

It’s better to say nothing and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

You then called me a clown and said what programs that were bad last year are recruiting better than Miami to which I pointed out 5.

It’s better to say nothing and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Huh? You named programs with better records and a few that we are ranked ahead of in recruiting right now. You look ridiculous

Attachments

• IMG_0465.png
    IMG_0465.png
    1,004.6 KB · Views: 1
Advertisement
Texas and Auburn have 5 less commits than we do you **** for brains. Once they both have 21 they will shoot right past us. They are recruiting better than we are.
Lol. Texas won 8 games last year. Not 5 and they didn’t fire most of the coaching staff. Auburn is in year 1 with Freeze. Where were we ranked 12 months ago in Mario’s year 1?

I’m not sure what you are trying to argue but you are just wrong. We aren’t recruiting elite this cycle. But we are recruiting decent and what happened last year is 💯 impacting that.

One of many reasons why simply throwing out a program's class ranking is nowhere near the best indicator of how well they're recruiting is seen in a discussion like the one in this thread.

- How are you faring at the premium positions: QB, WR, OT, DL, CB?
- What is the average rank per recruit?
- How many Top 100 overall commits are in your class?

As for the first bullet point, QB looks utterly atrocious and CB recruiting unfortunately looks like a gigantic disappointment. Unless we pull off shockers with Stone and/or Breland, we will have secured a commitment from only one blue-chip DT (Jones) when we have a glaring need for several. This OL class thus far is entirely a mid to low 3* eval haul. DE looks very good. WR is off to a great start but more top-end talent is needed.

Our overall class ranking is inflated by the quantity of commits. Our average ranking per recruit is below 90, which is the 20th best in the country. I would hope everyone would agree that's nowhere near good enough no matter who the coach is at Miami, especially when it's one whose salary is largely dependent on their recruiting acumen. We have more current 3* commits than USC and Texas combined, and they're currently ranked 17th and 18th, respectively. They won't stay behind us very long if this keeps up.

Right now we have a total of 3 commits ranked inside the Top 100 of the composite, including 1 5* in Trader. That's pretty comparable to a lot of the programs in the backend of the Top 20. USC has 4 commits in the Top 100 (ranked 17th) and South Carolina has the same amount as us with 3 (ranked 19th).

Last edited:
One of many reasons why simply throwing out a program's class ranking is nowhere near the best indicator of how well they're recruiting is seen in a discussion like the one in this thread.

- How are you faring at the premium positions: QB, WR, OT, DL, CB?
- What is the average rank per recruit?
- How many Top 100 overall commits are in your class?

As for the first bullet point, QB looks utterly atrocious and CB recruiting unfortunately looks like a gigantic disappointment. Unless we pull off shockers with Stone and/or Breland, we will have secured a commitment from only one blue-chip DT (Jones) when we have a glaring need for several. This OL class thus far is entirely a mid to low 3* eval haul. DE looks very good. WR is off to a great start but more top-end talent is needed.

Our overall class ranking is inflated by the quantity of commits. Our average ranking per recruit is below 90, which is the 20th best in the country. I would hope everyone would agree that's nowhere near good enough no matter who the coach is at Miami, especially when it's one whose salary is largely dependent on their recruiting acumen. We have more current 3* commits than USC and Texas combined, and they're currently ranked 17th and 18th, respectively. They won't stay behind us very long if this keeps up.

Right now we have a total of 3 commits ranked inside the Top 100 of the composite, including 1 5* in Trader. That's pretty comparable to a lot of the programs in the backend of the Top 20. USC has 4 commits in the Top 100 (ranked 17th) and South Carolina has the same amount as us with 3 (ranked 19th).
Those are all great points.

All I’m saying, is the mess that was last season is impacting this. It’s not just bags. We had a horrible season and fired most of the coaching staff. I’m not sure I can come up with a comparison for a year 1 that went that poorly.

It’s impacting this class. It just is and it should be. That isn’t an excuse it’s just reality. We aren’t recruiting elite but we are doing ok. We aren’t ranked 50. I think everybody knows we need better but there is reality.

We need to recruit better. That’s not happening until we play better. Period.

Advertisement
Back