The Disease

Advertisement
Coach manny, part of the "DISEASE" that has been plaguing this program besides giving up under adversity, are coaches who play inferior players for reasons beyond being the best option available.. you are eradicating the disease but are leaving this one small part of the tumor in the body, please fix it asap, or you will suffer from the symptoms.. remember part of the "DISEASE" is when players see the coaches play inferior players and creates departures and friction..

I love Manny but just my thoughts,
Your interpretation of Disease is totally off... The Disease is the F'up cultural entitlement issue among players, not coaches. If coaches chose to play inferior players, that's just plain stupid. Whether Knowles is good or not is irrelevant... The kid has no malintent and is doing his best. He is a Cane.

Advertisement
"But I will say this, and this goes with any position, any player: If you don’t want to be for the University of Miami, go somewhere else. This is UM. This is Miami. We don’t have to beg anyone to be a Miami Hurricane. And that’s in recruiting and that’s in anything else.

“We have to start to create value to what it means to play for the Miami Hurricanes. Because right now in my mind that has been devalued. So I’m trying to recreate value in what it means to be on our team. And I’ll be honest, and I’m not even talking about quarterbacks — for any position."

Mr. Knowles has to be one of the most hated/scrutinized Canes in history. I've bashed him too. I hope the kid makes us ALL eat crow.
There was a safety before him played under Golden that was worse than Knowles. Can't remember his name though. Just remember he sucked really bad

I'm so sick of everyone's BS!!! Last year was last year. The past is the past. Ya'll prejudging a player's ability before the season has even started. Open your **** mind to the possibility that people improve in life and in football. You see 1 game or 1 season and believe that's the best anyone has to offer. These kids have been grinding since Spring. Have an open mind. Wait until we see how any of these players perform THIS year before making your judgments about what a player is capable of and whether he's a playmaker or a liability.

Knowles may turn out to be the liability that you think he is. However, if the coaches believe in him and keep putting him on the field, then give him the opportunity to succeed or fail before tearing him down. He won't get playing time if he's not getting the job done.

Enough said!!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Are inferior players not supposed to practice? We haven't even reached game 1 yet and we're complaining about playing time...

Ok this type of thread has me thinking banners are going up the second we start trailing this season.

hahahaha that's fair I guess, I will never turn like that on Manny, but if Knowles has major missed assignments or gets beat badly on 8/24 it will be very dissapointing

Advertisement
Advertisement
We have all seen the mistakes that Bobby Knowles has made in the past, but he is now a 5th year Senior and he has stayed in school, not been in trouble and other than mucking up some plays on the field, has handled himself appropriately as a college student athlete.

Having said that, a 5th year Senior should not make ANY mental mistakes if and when he does get on the field. If he makes mistakes this year on the field, like he has in the past, the person who allowed him to wear # 20 should be shot with a .45

The staff chose carter over smith , quit bringing Beyoncé up. Smith is butthurt he’s not starting. So he dipped out.

He was going to get a lot of burn regardless, and would’ve taken the job if carter failed.

I get some of his frustration being moved three times and never getting a chance at one spot , but this is a selfish move. Especially this late in camp. But oh well, good luck to the kid.

It's getting to be that I hope Knowles has The best year of any safety ever because that's good for the Canes and because it will **** off a whole lotta people here. Win-win.

It's like another poster said elsewhere, TNM means a clean slate for everyone.

Advertisement
Back