The dirty world of S. Fla. recruiting - Chapter 5,120

Advertisement
Known about this for a little while. Kids like him and I was told he would get kids to come on visits.

Now in regards to recruiting and commitments. I was told from a guy very close to JHova that anyone who UF wants bad from The Ridge this year, they will get. TIFWIW

So these football players are following a high school basketball coach - who isn't even going to be coaching a sport - to UF??? That's some strong sh-t right there.

Known about this for a little while. Kids like him and I was told he would get kids to come on visits.

Now in regards to recruiting and commitments. I was told from a guy very close to JHova that anyone who UF wants bad from The Ridge this year, they will get. TIFWIW
They're following a guy who won't even be part of the football staff let alone coach them. Brilliant.

Advertisement
Do any of these kids actually play basketball? This is hard to believe they are following a basketball coach from their hs.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Scott, I'm shocked we're still recruiting him . He is to slow we need game changers . Would he ever see the field ?

Scott, I'm shocked we're still recruiting him . He is to slow we need game changers . Would he ever see the field ?

Probably not. I'd say they cool on him when the bigger targets start to become more clear but right now.. Who else is there? Jeudy is like a 25% chance at best for us, Grimes isn't happening. Harley should be but he's not being considered. I don't see him getting pushed out until the recruiting picture becomes more clear in about November or December

Advertisement
I'm not that excited about the Southridge kids honestly.

Those guys came in like some lions and are coming out like lambs. They are proving to be a little overrated individually. (besides Dee Wiggins) As a team they should win the state title easily though.

Probably not. I'd say they cool on him when the bigger targets start to become more clear but right now.. Who else is there? Jeudy is like a 25% chance at best for us, Grimes isn't happening. Harley should be but he's not being considered. I don't see him getting pushed out until the recruiting picture becomes more clear in about November or December

Richt's on record saying he's going to honor all verbal commitments. Scott would have to decommit sensing that he wouldn't play in the future or have a change of heart, but get used to the reality that he's likely in this class.

It's one thing trying to make a move on a class changing recruit.

Speaks more to desperation than strategy and those things rarely work out in the long run. Shrug.

Advertisement
Back