The country has a man crush on our coach

Advertisement
So in love with him that they are trying to run him off from Miami at a moments notice...sorry guys, he's OUR coach.

"If USC or Texas (if open) call and he answers, who would really rip him for that? Not saying he's leaving, but after he inherited an untenable situation and has Miami at 6-0, he might be getting those phone calls."

Do these guys even think before they write? USC?

Texas is an overrated job. It's great to have facilities and access to the state of Texas and all that, but Texas has really never been a consistent winner. They're viewed as this big-time traditional power but they have less national titles than UM and ONE national title in the last 42 years. That's terrible. The Longhorn Network might sound cool but in reality it's a terrible idea. You're not playing on ESPN, you're not playing on ABC...you're playing in front of Texas fans only and a lot of carriers don't have it.

and USC...LOL @ Al Golden taking the USC job.

If this guy ever leaves (which he wont at least for the next 3-4 years), it's to Penn State or the NFL. He's an east coast guy.

Last edited:
Seriously though, what would be the attraction of going to USC or UT over UM? There was basically no punishment given and we are on the rise like no other! Those people are stupid imo if they think AG would rather go to Ut or Usc rather than stay at the U.

Yeah, after battling NCAA issues over the last 3 years, he'd leave for USC who are in NCAA ****? Yeah, right.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Golden just unlocked the highest level in the recruiting game yesterday, he ain't going nowhere. He wants rings, he knows where he will get em.

"If USC or Texas (if open) call and he answers, who would really rip him for that? Not saying he's leaving, but after he inherited an untenable situation and has Miami at 6-0, he might be getting those phone calls."

Texas is an overrated job. It's great to have facilities and access to the state of Texas and all that, but Texas has really never been a consistent winner. They're viewed as this big-time traditional power but they have less national titles than UM and ONE national title in the last 42 years. That's terrible. The Longhorn Network might sound cool but in reality it's a terrible idea. You're not playing on ESPN, you're not playing on ABC...you're playing in front of Texas fans only and a lot of carriers don't have it.

If this guy ever leaves (which he wont at least for the next 3-4 years), it's to Penn State or the NFL. He's an east coast guy.

"After riding out the storm at a University sat on one of the richest recruiting hotbeds in the country, would anyone blame him if he left to go to two similar Universities, both of whom are years behind where Miami is".

How did that article get written?

Every coach that has left Miami, starting with Schnellenberger, has regretted it, including Jimmy Johnson. I really hope Golden will be the first to try to make this his career job. Miami can pony up the cash to keep him.

Anyone that thinks that Al Golden doesn't know where he's going to be or what he will be doing in5 years, hasn't been paying attention. He's such a planful, goal-oriented guy, I'd find it hard to believe he doesn't have it worked out in his head.

Advertisement
But, but, but that guy is a good writer guys, the media isn't biased against UM...

Oh yeah, the article. It's a joke. Texas still has guys in Shriner's from the last time we played them.

I personally think Al really enjoys the South Florida talent pool. After his experience at Temple, and rebuilding a foundation here, I think he's got the confidence to say, you just give me the athletes and I'll take care of the rest. He is gonna be fishing with dynamite from here on out and mopping up the local kids.

Advertisement
I get that Texas and USC are great head coaching opportunities but ****.....our head coaching track record ***** on theirs.

Some of these people that forgot about how great the Miami lineage was is about to get reminded of it.

I get that Texas and USC are great head coaching opportunities but ****.....our head coaching track record ***** on theirs.

Some of these people that forgot about how great the Miami lineage was is about to get reminded of it.

This, if he leaves IMO it will be in about 5-7 years after at least 1 National Championship and it will be to the NFL. He would be crazy to leave here after finally getting free of this mess.

Anyone that thinks that Al Golden doesn't know where he's going to be or what he will be doing in5 years, hasn't been paying attention. He's such a planful, goal-oriented guy, I'd find it hard to believe he doesn't have it worked out in his head.

You got it. Al has a plan; we just don't know what it is. Right now he clearly plans to return THE U to greatness, not just winning. He wants the rings. He has chance to be Howard. After a ring or two, maybe he leaves for NFL, but I doubt he leaves for any other college. Wife loves Miami and that is very improtant. The stupid dolphins are the threat when they give up on current loser. For now we have THE MAN, enjoy.

Advertisement
If you put a gun to my head and make me guess....I'd say we'll get another 5 outstanding years from Golden, then he moves on to the NFL.

I hope I'm wrong, but he seems like such a goal oriented guy that I find it hard to believe he'll ever be satisfied or allow himself to get comfortable. A guy like that will always want more, and so he should.

He's going to end up going down as one of the most important men in the history of this program. God bless that dude....he helped us escape from dark times.

Last edited:
There's a few scenarios I can see with Golden but in my own humble opinion in each of them, step #1 is winning at Miami.

I could see him going to the NFL, maybe eventually landing at Penn St. late in his career but I think any of those scenarios are down the road a ways. You could just feel it when he set foot here. Everyone up in arms talking about Penn St then clearly weren't paying attention.

"After riding out the storm at a University sat on one of the richest recruiting hotbeds in the country, would anyone blame him if he left to go to two similar Universities, both of whom are years behind where Miami is".

How did that article get written?

was thinking the same thing...this is really shocking. these guys want to run golden out of here. where does this come from? lets face it he is on the cusp of this thing blowing up (in a good way) . why would he even think about leaving?

why doesn't texas go after muschump? he is one of their own.

Last edited:
If you put a gun to my head and make me guess....I'd say we'll get another 5 outstanding years from Golden, then he moves on to the NFL.

I hope I'm wrong, but he seems like such a goal oriented guy that I find it hard to believe he'll ever be satisfied or allow himself to get comfortable. A guy like that will always want more, and so he should.

He's going to end up going down as one of the most important men in the history of this program. God bless that dude....he helped us escape from dark times.

He's stated before that he's a college guy and has no interest in the NFL.

We'll see how that holds up.

Advertisement
Back