The country has a man crush on our coach

Advertisement
Anyone that thinks that Al Golden doesn't know where he's going to be or what he will be doing in5 years, hasn't been paying attention. He's such a planful, goal-oriented guy, I'd find it hard to believe he doesn't have it worked out in his head.
This. He will leave us eventually, but it will be for an NFL job.

And lulz at the idea of Golden leaving for USC. I've never understood why so many in the sports media put that job on a pedestal.

Today is the first day he has had the opportunity to get back to his original plan from when the Nevin bombed dropped. Funny enough.....we may have gotten an additional 3 years out of Golden than what he originally planned. either way, I'll take it. And it must have been fate that he would have to first understand what it means to be a Hurricane, by going through the fires of ****, to make the end result even sweeter.

When Al Golden stated "the University of Miami was a destination job" my opinion is he meant it. Golden played against Miami in 1991 and saw it first hand. His older brother, Greg, walked on to Miami in 1981. Greg's son is a current walk-on at Miami. All you have to do is watch Al Golden standing next to Clinton Portis who is being interviewed right after the North Carolina game and look at Golden's expression to know he is all. Yes, other universities have tradition, but nothing like Miami's and the connection by it's former players. Golden is about branding. The only job he might be interested in because "momma might call" is Penn State. But D'Onofrio was asked two years ago when the Penn State job opened and Mark stated he believe Al didn't want to be the guy to replace Paterno. He might be the guy who replaced the guy, but even then he wasn't sure. Penn State's brand is Joe Paterno and all that means. It took Alabama 10 years to find another "Bear" and then 15 years after Stallings. What's unique about Miami is the "U" is bigger than any individual.

Where is our most famous critic of Al?

What does he think of Al and this team?

I know he is waiting for that loss to make an appearance, I guess we will have to wait.

Advertisement
This reminds me when ESPN said that Texas had a shot Nick Saban and got all the wittle longhorn excited. Golden isn't leaving for another job. Golden is on mission...

9.jpeg

if he doesn't win @ fsu half of you guys will want him fired.

Eh. I doubt it. If he craps out and loses 3 ACC games, I can see people changing their tune around here. We'll see how it plays out.

Advertisement

Eh. I doubt it. If he craps out and loses 3 ACC games, I can see people changing their tune around here. We'll see how it plays out.

if the gameday threads are any indication i dont think it would take anywhere near three losses Lu

dudes were jumping ship in the 1st quarter of the georgia tech game lulz

if the gameday threads are any indication i dont think it would take anywhere near three losses Lu

dudes were jumping ship in the 1st quarter of the georgia tech game lulz

I don't listen to anything anyone says during the game. Too much emotion. But, maybe you're right.

Advertisement
No excuse to lose big at FSU imo. Senior-laden team with plenty of experience and a bunch of juniors and seniors in the trenches. A loss is excusable because it can happen, but a blowout in Tally wouldn't exactly sit well.

^^^ I`ve read that myself, and believe it. The one reason why Texas is even mentioned imo.....money, they can triple Al`s salary and not blink an eye, 5 million a year ? no problem. Saban is the only coach out there who makes more than Mack B, sources here claim Texas may offer Saban 10 million, that would be a slap in the face for all of college football as knowone else can compete with that. Just an fyi, Texas has in excess of 17 BILLION, now take a look at Miami`s endowment, Texas is richest school on earth, and don't mind throwing it at athletic program, recruiting ? he could have any kid in the state, not bad. Austin Texas = very very nice place to live and raise a family. All that said I would stay put and see it through, he`s almost there and now with the cloud lifted he can put the fence back up that Howard and Jimmy installed.....Tex

Advertisement
I'm tired of writers referring to other programs as "traditional powers" like Miami is not on their level. **** all that noise, MIAMI is a national power.

Our recruiting base is every bit as national as Notre Dame and USC's, and historically we've always been one of the two or three biggest TV draws for the big networks. But, we're never considered a traditional power because we're a small school that's only been relevant in football for going on 30 years now. Whatever, we still running this thang.

You underestimate our "fans," Lu. We lose to FSU big and there will be an influx of mopes.

They're here. They're just smart enough to lay in the weeds while we're undefeated. You saw how the "D'Onofrio is the Devil" clowns came crawling back out when UNC moved the ball on us.

Advertisement
Back