The country has a man crush on our coach

U
The Don has been eating saltines for 3 years. Yesterday, with the toothless "sanctions" coming down, Mario Batali put a giant bowl of rigatoni bolognese with a big chunk of parmaggiano reggiano fresh off the wheel in front of him. You think he's going to excuse himself from Mario's chef table to get into another fcked up situation and start from scratch with his saltines again? Fck outta here.

I'm ****ing starving after reading this

With a nice Chianti...

Advertisement
When Al Golden stated "the University of Miami was a destination job" my opinion is he meant it. Golden played against Miami in 1991 and saw it first hand. His older brother, Greg, walked on to Miami in 1981. Greg's son is a current walk-on at Miami. All you have to do is watch Al Golden standing next to Clinton Portis who is being interviewed right after the North Carolina game and look at Golden's expression to know he is all. Yes, other universities have tradition, but nothing like Miami's and the connection by it's former players. Golden is about branding. The only job he might be interested in because "momma might call" is Penn State. But D'Onofrio was asked two years ago when the Penn State job opened and Mark stated he believe Al didn't want to be the guy to replace Paterno. He might be the guy who replaced the guy, but even then he wasn't sure. Penn State's brand is Joe Paterno and all that means. It took Alabama 10 years to find another "Bear" and then 15 years after Stallings. What's unique about Miami is the "U" is bigger than any individual.

I'm encouraged by all of this, and also that he's stated that he's more of a "college guy" likes the teaching and mentoring aspect of it. I believe the guy, I think it's in his bones, his soul. Funny, in his own crazy way, 'Chise hit it on the head. It just goes to show that the guy writing the article doesn't know Golden at all, probably has never spoken to him. He was just being a jackazz writing that article speculating about Al, on the very day the smoke cleared. After three years of putting up with all kinds of BS, No doubt Golden went into work this morning wanting to double down, yet again, on "the U". No way he goes anywhere until he brings it home. That I believe. I guess we'll have to wait and see beyond that. You know, buy the ticket, take the ride....

Advertisement
Back