Boxing The CIS Boxing Thread

the latest on Jaron 'Boots' Ennis, who headlines on Showtime this weekend..

Advertisement
Wow, Boots looked great. I appreciate that Villa was still defending himself, but this fight needed the towel.

While it is lazy to compare him to another Philly fighter, he actually reminds me of Meldrick Taylor somewhat. His hand speed is amazing and his footwork is often off balance because he is too aggressive. But he reloads hands and feet very fast.

I love Boots. I want to see him vs Stanionis. Give me Thurman vs Ugas.. maybe the winners/losers can fight while Bud/Spence duke it out

Wow, Boots looked great. I appreciate that Villa was still defending himself, but this fight needed the towel.

While it is lazy to compare him to another Philly fighter, he actually reminds me of Meldrick Taylor somewhat. His hand speed is amazing and his footwork is often off balance because he is too aggressive. But he reloads hands and feet very fast.
Boots a monster. I thought they were going to stop the fight in round 7. Those uppercuts and hooks were killing Villas. Boots upper body movements is impressive too. Kid definitely got next.

Last edited:
some thoughts on what took place (and didn't) in the welterweight division this past weekend...

Advertisement
1689252148614.png

some thoughts on Fury-Ngannou, and how mental health is treated in boxing..

super excited for Andy Cruz's debut tomorrow on DAZN. Looks like he's fighter a pretty solid guy for his professional debut so hopefully 4-5 fights and he's in conversations with big names.. hes only 27 so doesn't necessarily need to rush into things but I think he's ready after a few/

His opponent this weekend has fought Haney, Keyshawan Davis, Xavier Martinez, and Hector Tanajara all to wide decisions.

Advertisement
my thoughts on the upcoming HBO documentary on Oscar De La Hoya, and some updates on Shakur Stevenson and Teofimo Lopez from Bob Arum...

making the case for Jose Luis Castillo for the Hall-of-Fame

Advertisement
my thoughts on the upcoming HBO documentary on Oscar De La Hoya, and some updates on Shakur Stevenson and Teofimo Lopez from Bob Arum...

His beatdown of Mayorga is an all-time favorite of mine.

My Inoue-Fulton preview, which takes place tomorrow morning...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back