Boxing The CIS Boxing Thread

Can we all agree that Edgar Berlanga can't box? He looked terrible again. Should had lost honestly. Put him against Benavdez so Benavedez can end his career.

Advertisement
Can we all agree that Edgar Berlanga can't box? He looked terrible again. Should had lost honestly. Put him against Benavdez so Benavedez can end his career.
Bro he tried to bite dude like tyson😂😂😂😂he’ll get stopped badly by any of the top guys in the division

Bro he tried to bite dude like tyson😂😂😂😂he’ll get stopped badly by any of the top guys in the division
Yes!!! Should had been DQ'd on the spot! You can't bite people in boxing lol. Cmon now.

Last edited:

Nice matchup, Mell is a warrior he already cleared up one wave of guys at 154 now he’s on to the next guys lol he will be remembered as an all time great when he’s done

I'll hand it to Little Charlo. He fights all the big names. Big Charlo........................ not so much.

You do know loma could’ve fought devin when he was his wbc mandatory right? You do know loma lost to that B tier fighter Teofimo right? I don’t understand what point you’re trying to make looll loma literally lost the belts
It’s a petty point really. Like I said I like Devin but the hype behind him after beating George is outsized. He needs to beat some legit comp and build a legacy. The winner of Spence Crawford will have really done something in unifying. Same could be said if HW gets unified. Devin needs more to get on that level IMO.

Advertisement
It’s a petty point really. Like I said I like Devin but the hype behind him after beating George is outsized. He needs to beat some legit comp and build a legacy. The winner of Spence Crawford will have really done something in unifying. Same could be said if HW gets unified. Devin needs more to get on that level IMO.
Lol

Nice matchup, Mell is a warrior he already cleared up one wave of guys at 154 now he’s on to the next guys lol he will be remembered as an all time great when he’s done

Who has he beaten that would even begin to put him on an all time great list? He is in a nicely competitive 154 division, and it looks like he'll fight any of them, but he's not fighting future hall of famers.

Who has he beaten that would even begin to put him on an all time great list? He is in a nicely competitive 154 division, and it looks like he'll fight any of them, but he's not fighting future hall of famers.

Will he stay at 154 or move up eventually? Perhaps he can wait on either Crawford or Spence if either one decides to move up to 154.

Hahaaaa look at his 154 run and compare it to anyone run at that weight EVER. Dude literally cleaned out probably deepest division in boxing with really good fighters… just because u don’t know who they are doesn’t mean they aren’t great wins.

Advertisement
Will he stay at 154 or move up eventually? Perhaps he can wait on either Crawford or Spence if either one decides to move up to 154.
Bud says when he beats spence he’s moving up to beat mell lol but if not idk when he’ll move up, unless he’s struggling to make weight he still has good matchups there

Hahaaaa look at his 154 run and compare it to anyone run at that weight EVER. Dude literally cleaned out probably deepest division in boxing with really good fighters… just because u don’t know who they are doesn’t mean they aren’t great wins.
I'm fairly knowledgeable. I also noticed you didn't provide any actual names that would begin to make him some all time great. Give us two future hall of famers he fought at 154, and I mean guys who were true 154 pounders. Give us what you call "great wins", as opposed to solid competition. Go ahead, we'll wait.

It may also be the case that you just don't know that much about boxing history. So I give you this as a starting point. See guys who spent real time at 154 like Norris, Mosley, De LaHoya, and absolutely McCallum. He was so good that the 4 Kings avoided him.

Last edited:
I'm fairly knowledgeable. I also noticed you didn't provide any actual names that would begin to make him some all time great. Give us two future hall of famers he fought at 154, and I mean guys who were true 154 pounders. Give us what you call "great wins", as opposed to solid competition. Go ahead, we'll wait.

It may also be the case that you just don't know that much about boxing history. So I give you this as a starting point. See guys who spent real time at 154 like Norris, Mosley, De LaHoya, and absolutely McCallum. He was so good that the 4 Kings avoided him.

We wont know who’s a HOF until time passes, that point is stupid because he can’t control what era he’s in. What he can control is fighting the top guys in his division and stopping **** near every single one of them.

Although i think hitman was at his best at 154 he didn’t spend enough time there for me to consider him as one of the best 154 guys ever. He has one of the beat wins ever there in beating benitez, if u want to just go by the best guy that entered the division then thats a different convo.. Im talkin about the entire resume at 154..Mccallum is the one guy I would put over mell, norris has the longevity but i think mell beats him and beat better competition at 154 in a shorter time

Oh and Lubin,Rosario,Castano are great wins in this era, Trout is another good win. Nit picking resume when he’s cleaning out a division isnt a strong argument against him being a future HOFer

You do know loma could’ve fought devin when he was his wbc mandatory right? You do know loma lost to that B tier fighter Teofimo right? I don’t understand what point you’re trying to make looll loma literally lost the belts

Yep. Didn't Loma campaign for that b/s WBC "Franchise" belt so he could skate past fighting Haney?

Advertisement

I thought he lost. But glad he didn’t. Had him -270 based on Angulo’s weight issues.

He looked bad. Mouth was open most of the fight, and he didn’t throw many combos. On top of that, he tried to bite the man. His record will decline as the competition increases.

Him and Munguia gonna get hidden for as long as they can be hidden because they're going to get embarrassed the first time they take on a top 5 opponent. At least Munguia got power to bail him out, but Berlanga is straight basura. I can't wait for somebody to knock his block off

Him and Munguia gonna get hidden for as long as they can be hidden because they're going to get embarrassed the first time they take on a top 5 opponent. At least Munguia got power to bail him out, but Berlanga is straight basura. I can't wait for somebody to knock his block off
Oscar wants Munguia vs Charlo. Lets do it.

Advertisement
Oscar wants Munguia vs Charlo. Lets do it.
Charlo is ALLLLL wrong for Munguia. I want this fight sooo bad to see Munguia get destroyed i'd almost admit I want Charlo to give these fools w/e they asking for in negotiations to make the scrap happen.

For the record, I don't dislike Munguia, but I hate how GB is hiding him

We wont know who’s a HOF until time passes, that point is stupid because he can’t control what era he’s in. What he can control is fighting the top guys in his division and stopping **** near every single one of them.

Although i think hitman was at his best at 154 he didn’t spend enough time there for me to consider him as one of the best 154 guys ever. He has one of the beat wins ever there in beating benitez, if u want to just go by the best guy that entered the division then thats a different convo.. Im talkin about the entire resume at 154..Mccallum is the one guy I would put over mell, norris has the longevity but i think mell beats him and beat better competition at 154 in a shorter time

Oh and Lubin,Rosario,Castano are great wins in this era, Trout is another good win. Nit picking resume when he’s cleaning out a division isnt a strong argument against him being a future HOFer
Quality of wins absolutely is. And now you've got him in the HOF? Wow.

If not for Bud, Indongo may well have been undisputed at 140. So he's an "all time great" then? While a **** of an accomplishment, an "all time great", which is where you began, is based on who you fought, not just what you won.

Quality of wins absolutely is. And now you've got him in the HOF? Wow.

If not for Bud, Indongo may well have been undisputed at 140. So he's an "all time great" then? While a **** of an accomplishment, an "all time great", which is where you began, is based on who you fought, not just what you won.
So is bud a future HOFer?

Yes, but for different reasons. Undisputed in not the toughest division ever, like Charlo, but world champ in three different weight classes as well, unlike Charlo. Charlo takes belts at 160 and 168, then we can compare.

But if Bud beats Spense, Charlo has to do a LOT more than just be a champ in two more weight classes.

Advertisement
Back