Boxing The CIS Boxing Thread

Advertisement
Why did DAZN do that? So he can become some sort of UK "continental champion"? He's going to lose the rematch because he's a physical specimen, but a limited fighter. And that's all he'll ever be.

Man they better hope he wins the rematch vs Usyk because if he loses again, and I think he will if Usyk's mind is right, he's cooked as an A-lister in boxing. I don't see how he could be rebuilt because he's not beating Fury no matter what, I still think him vs Wilder is 50/50 but we don't care for that fight like that anymore.

Let's just assume this list is a list of all timers at 154. Who, on this list, does Charlo realistically beat? And I admit a couple of these guys are so far before me that I can't have an informed opinion.

Also, how is his career equal to, or superior to, Taylor? Taylor won titles in 2 weight classes and fought a still in his prime Hopkins to get to undisputed.
Some of these guys like mosley, oscar, hitman i don’t consider all time 154lb greats. They are great in general and first ballot HOFers but they didn’t spend as much time at the weight like mell,norris or mccallum has. Besides those i named, i think mell beats everyone besides mccallum at 154. I love winky he’s one of my favorites but he has bad losses at 154 even tho he has great ones too like the two Ws vs shane and a older trinidad he dominated..I think you’re underselling how good mell is because of your view of this era, I personally don’t like comparing eras is boxing because everybody’s gonna have be bias to someone

And im talkin about at 154 only so the comparison to taylor is pointless lol but i do consider him an all timer especially at 160 and yes id pick him to beat mell

Some of these guys like mosley, oscar, hitman i don’t consider all time 154lb greats. They are great in general and first ballot HOFers but they didn’t spend as much time at the weight like mell,norris or mccallum has. Besides those i named, i think mell beats everyone besides mccallum at 154. I love winky he’s one of my favorites but he has bad losses at 154 even tho he has great ones too like the two Ws vs shane and a older trinidad he dominated..I think you’re underselling how good mell is because of your view of this era, I personally don’t like comparing eras is boxing because everybody’s gonna have be bias to someone

And im talkin about at 154 only so the comparison to taylor is pointless lol but i do consider him an all timer especially at 160 and yes id pick him to beat mell
Interesting. You keep bouncing around, I am now not talking about body of work at 154, I'm talking head to head. I don't see Charlo beating any of the guys on that list that I am familiar with. It has nothing to do with eras, I am using eyeballs. Does he beat De LaHoya? Absolutely not. Mosley? Same. Wright? Doubt it, but Winky had erratic performances. Hearns? Hearns kills him. Norris? Maybe, because you never knew what you were going to get on any given night. My point is that Charlo is not an all time great at 154; he is just probably the best of his time period at that weight, and not by any significant margin. He lost to Harrison and drew with Castano. Those guys aren't killers, but they are good fighters. That is where Charlo is.

I was clear that I was not talking about Taylor v. Charlo in the ring. I was asking about Taylor v. Charlo in terms of careers. Both were undisputed. But Taylor then gets a title in another weight class and he fights better opposition to become undisputed. You consider Taylor an all timer, but that is clearly not the consensus. Is he in the HOF? No. I am increasingly convinced that Taylor is the comp for Charlo until proven otherwise.

Advertisement
Interesting. You keep bouncing around, I am now not talking about body of work at 154, I'm talking head to head. I don't see Charlo beating any of the guys on that list that I am familiar with. It has nothing to do with eras, I am using eyeballs. Does he beat De LaHoya? Absolutely not. Mosley? Same. Wright? Doubt it, but Winky had erratic performances. Hearns? Hearns kills him. Norris? Maybe, because you never knew what you were going to get on any given night. My point is that Charlo is not an all time great at 154; he is just probably the best of his time period at that weight, and not by any significant margin. He lost to Harrison and drew with Castano. Those guys aren't killers, but they are good fighters. That is where Charlo is.

I was clear that I was not talking about Taylor v. Charlo in the ring. I was asking about Taylor v. Charlo in terms of careers. Both were undisputed. But Taylor then gets a title in another weight class and he fights better opposition to become undisputed. You consider Taylor an all timer, but that is clearly not the consensus. Is he in the HOF? No. I am increasingly convinced that Taylor is the comp for Charlo until proven otherwise.
Lol..agree to disagree here bro

Patience, Daniel San...

Proud The Karate Kid GIF

The magic number is 9 per MGM. Under 9 at - 110 and over 9 at - 125.

Advertisement
I wanna see the approach AJ takes this time around but i still lean usyk. Robert garcia is a solid trainer, getting him might mean AJ is mentally tougher and more aggressive but most high level boxers robert garcia fighters face they end up looking basic.

I wanna see the approach AJ takes this time around but i still lean usyk. Robert garcia is a solid trainer, getting him might mean AJ is mentally tougher and more aggressive but most high level boxers robert garcia fighters face they end up looking basic.
AJ might have to go for the KO. Can't see him out boxing Usyk.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Which means Bivol would fight Zurdo?
Yep so hopefully mid to late next year we can finally get it, not gonna make a early prediction i gotta go back and watch more fights but boii idk if many people can keep beterbeiv off them for 12 rounds but bivol is skilled so we’ll see,i hope

Advertisement
Back