Boxing The CIS Boxing Thread

my most recent column for SNAC.com....

Advertisement
Im high on Jesse Rodriguez, who faces another tough foe this weekend on DAZN, my latest column..

Im high on Jesse Rodriguez, who faces another tough foe this weekend on DAZN, my latest column..

Predictions for those two fights on the DAZN card?

Advertisement
With all the young stars with great potential right now…Jesse “Bam” Rodriguez might end up being remembered as the top dawg of this generation with the path he is on

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lets go GGG!
Do you think he has a realistic chance? I loved GGG on the way up, but it was largely because of the aggression and power. When he started to fight guys he felt dangerous, he wouldn't let his hands go. First saw this with Danny Jacobs and definitely saw it with Canelo.

I thought GGG won the first fight, but could see how it was scored for Canelo. Didn't find the second fight that close, clearly Canelo won. GGG was just head hunting AND wouldn't commit to punches. That is a bad combination. I don't see him becomeinga body puncher this late in his career and I don't see him being more aggressive. Plus, in the time since their last fight, Canelo got better and stronger. I want to see this fight, but I just don't think it will be close.

Advertisement
Do you think he has a realistic chance? I loved GGG on the way up, but it was largely because of the aggression and power. When he started to fight guys he felt dangerous, he wouldn't let his hands go. First saw this with Danny Jacobs and definitely saw it with Canelo.

I thought GGG won the first fight, but could see how it was scored for Canelo. Didn't find the second fight that close, clearly Canelo won. GGG was just head hunting AND wouldn't commit to punches. That is a bad combination. I don't see him becomeinga body puncher this late in his career and I don't see him being more aggressive. Plus, in the time since their last fight, Canelo got better and stronger. I want to see this fight, but I just don't think it will be close.
I mean....... he has a chance but I think the odds are againt him. He should do exactly what Bivol did. (If that's possible) I hope Canelo thanked Bivol for that free boxing lesson he gave him.

Advertisement
Then maybe he will need a paint ball gun with him for the fight.
It's actually kind of disappointing. Guys ducked GGG on the way up, and then GGG changed his style against what he perceived as more dangerous guys. The end result is that I really don't know how good he was.

Advertisement
Back