Boxing The CIS Boxing Thread

So is bud a future HOFer?

Yes, fist getting casted as we speak.

1655088154114.jpeg

1655124570691.png

Last edited:
Advertisement
Nothing left to prove and if he’s struggling and draining himself to stay at 135 its not worth being vulnerable. There’s probably not big money fights at 140 like 135 but there’s good matchups at 140 for sure
There will be some good guys at 140.... Josh Taylor, Teofimo, Prograis, Jack Caterall, Ramirez, Haney.

There will be some good guys at 140.... Josh Taylor, Teofimo, Prograis, Jack Caterall, Ramirez, Haney.
Hasn't Taylor already said he's going to 147? I know it wasn't going to happen, but I actually wanted Bud to come back to 140, while Taylor held all the belts, to see if he could become undisputed, in the same weight class, a second time. Don't think that's ever been done, at least below heavyweight.

Lots of "wondering" about those guys:

1. Wonder how Lopez looks as he gets back into form. So much of his momentum was confidence and he got smoked. Also, how long he can stay at 140?

2. Where does Mikey Garcia fit in? And the clock has to be running on him and his career. Is he already over?

3. How good is Prograis?

4. How good is Haney?

5, Is Ramirez mean enough?

Yes, but for different reasons. Undisputed in not the toughest division ever, like Charlo, but world champ in three different weight classes as well, unlike Charlo. Charlo takes belts at 160 and 168, then we can compare.

But if Bud beats Spense, Charlo has to do a LOT more than just be a champ in two more weight classes.
I agree but by your logic he didn’t face any HOFers and charlo has faced better competition at 154 than bud has faced in his career. And im a bud fan he’s in my top 3 p4p, but my point is bringing up level of competition for a dude that literally cleaned out a deep division of good fighters is a flawed point when there are HOFers who didn’t do it and some of them took easier routes to be champions. Mell is a future HOFer for his run at 154 its clear

Advertisement
Hasn't Taylor already said he's going to 147? I know it wasn't going to happen, but I actually wanted Bud to come back to 140, while Taylor held all the belts, to see if he could become undisputed, in the same weight class, a second time. Don't think that's ever been done, at least below heavyweight.

Lots of "wondering" about those guys:

1. Wonder how Lopez looks as he gets back into form. So much of his momentum was confidence and he got smoked. Also, how long he can stay at 140?

2. Where does Mikey Garcia fit in? And the clock has to be running on him and his career. Is he already over?

3. How good is Prograis?

4. How good is Haney?

5, Is Ramirez mean enough?
1. I think he will comeback better i see potential with him if he gets his mind right. And top rank isn’t gonna throw him to the wolves right away.

2. Done

3. I think he’s really good

4. Really good but has alot of room to grow, only 23, I think he’ll be a better fighter at 140 than he is at 135.

5. I think he’s moving up to 147, could be wrong but I thought he was in talks to fight connor benn idk if it’s finalized tho. He’s good but this question is still up in the air lol

Advertisement
gary anutuanne russell is a HUGE problem for cats in the 140 division... i dont want to jump too far into the future because both fighters still have something to prove in both of their respected weight class ,but a gary vs boots long awaited rematch is something..

Last edited:
Advertisement
I agree but by your logic he didn’t face any HOFers and charlo has faced better competition at 154 than bud has faced in his career. And im a bud fan he’s in my top 3 p4p, but my point is bringing up level of competition for a dude that literally cleaned out a deep division of good fighters is a flawed point when there are HOFers who didn’t do it and some of them took easier routes to be champions. Mell is a future HOFer for his run at 154 its clear
Two things, and they are opposite sides of the same coin. First, I agree, you can only fight who is available. Quality of actual opposition is not your fault. Second, while not easy, it is easier to become undisputed if your division has no great opposition.

I'll split the difference. You are absolutely right that there are guys in the Hall who didn't do a whole lot and Charlo is undisputed, so I think he gets in for that.

But you began with him being an "all time great". Nope. We'll see what his career brings, but nothing supports that yet. Despite being undisputed at 154, I don't even consider him an all timer at that weight. And that is absolutely a function of opposition. Some of it is good, none of it has been great. Truly great fighter become great by fighting great fighters.

Right now Charlo is the lesser Jermain Taylor in terms of career. And nobody is calling Taylor an all timer.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'll split the difference. You are absolutely right that there are guys in the Hall who didn't do a whole lot and Charlo is undisputed, so I think he gets in for that.

But you began with him being an "all time great". Nope. We'll see what his career brings, but nothing supports that yet. Despite being undisputed at 154, I don't even consider him an all timer at that weight. And that is absolutely a function of opposition. Some of it is good, none of it has been great.

Right now he is the lesser Jermain Taylor in terms of career. And nobody is calling him an all timer.
We’re just gonna disagree here not thinking he’s an all time great in general is one thing…not thinking he’s an all time great at 154 is just insane to me lol

We’re just gonna disagree here not thinking he’s an all time great in general is one thing…not thinking he’s an all time great at 154 is just insane to me lol
Let's just assume this list is a list of all timers at 154. Who, on this list, does Charlo realistically beat? And I admit a couple of these guys are so far before me that I can't have an informed opinion.

Also, how is his career equal to, or superior to, Taylor? Taylor won titles in 2 weight classes and fought a still in his prime Hopkins to get to undisputed.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back