Boxing The CIS Boxing Thread

Advertisement
Didn't know Bivol had that great of a defense. Never watched any of his fights. His blocking is some of the most effective I've seen.

Canelo landed like 3 good uppercuts the whole fight lol. That's literally it. Fight was not close at all!

Welp. I’m not surprised he lost but still a weird feeling to see my man canelo lose .. weight classes exist for a reason. Respect for taking the challenge!! Boxing needs to be more like UFC where losses aren’t ridiculed as hard as it is in boxing

Advertisement
Welp. I’m not surprised he lost but still a weird feeling to see my man canelo lose .. weight classes exist for a reason. Respect for taking the challenge!! Boxing needs to be more like UFC where losses aren’t ridiculed as hard as it is in boxing
Yeah. Canelo is still one of my top 3 favs. Just simply bit off more than he can chew. Never seen Canelo look weak, Bivol made that happen.

Bivol is really good. That was an impressive performance on his part. Bivol was in total control. Bivol Beterbeiv for all the marbles. Canelo needs to stay at 168;

Yeah. Canelo is still one of my top 3 favs. Just simply bit off more than he can chew. Never seen Canelo look weak, Bivol made that happen.
He’s too small for 175. Let’s see that GGG fight then a benavidez, Charlo, Andrade etc. they would all be great names on his all time great resume. Every fighter besides Floyd had losses here and there. I remember manny was knocked out cold but is still a great

He’s too small for 175. Let’s see that GGG fight then a benavidez, Charlo, Andrade etc. they would all be great names on his all time great resume. Every fighter besides Floyd had losses here and there. I remember manny was knocked out cold but is still a great
We will now see Canelo vs Benevedez in 2023. That's one I've been wanting to see.

Advertisement
took Canelo’s power since he’s a natural 175er and boxed Nelo’s head off

Scorecards were atrocious. Had Bivol coasted in the 12th, this is a draw. Disgusting

Bivol didn't do anything special at all imo. Just had a big size advantage and was disciplined. Threw a lot of jabs at Defense and landed a couple combos every round.

Advertisement
Apparently there was a rematch clause and canelo will exercise it to fight bivol again. GGG fight was only happening if he won so that fight is off …

GGG vs Charlo would be fun. Not sure I see a different outcome of canelo bivol 2 but respect the drive to make history
Apparently there was a rematch clause and canelo will exercise it to fight bivol again. GGG fight was only happening if he won so that fight is off …

Advertisement
GGG vs Charlo would be fun. Not sure I see a different outcome of canelo bivol 2 but respect the drive to make history
GGG? Why? He's 40. There's no point. He won the first fight with Canelo but the judges predictably screwed him. His career is over.

Last edited:
Took Bivol tonight..Canelo can’t beat fighters that move, strong amateur background

Bivol - L
Genady 1st fight - L
Lara - L
Floyd - L

in my scorecard
He had no answer to that jab. He stopped his power shots in its tracks numerous times with that jab. Very good prediction by you. I agree Canelo can't fight boxers, but he is able to bully most of them I figured his power would be enough to bully Bivol, but that jump from SMW to LHW proved to be way to much.

Advertisement
Back