Boxing The CIS Boxing Thread

Loma losing was all on himself. He could've controlled the fight from the start. Sometimes you can try to be "too smart" and it will hurt you.
Na. I think it would’ve ended in a knockout for Teofimo in that case. He knew exactly what he was going to do. He almost K/Oed him that last round.

Advertisement
Na. I think it would’ve ended in a knockout for Teofimo in that case. He knew exactly what he was going to do. He almost K/Oed him that last round.
Yeah if it would've got into a str8 brawl, it would've got bad. It's better ways he could've went about those early rds other than just not throwing punches.

Advertisement
Ayeeeeeeeee glad he did it. Though the judge that at it 119-109 or whatever is crazy
Julie Lederman should be fired. It was 7-5.....maybe 6-6 at best. That 12th round from Lopez sealed the deal. Either way, not mad at the result.

Teofimo will go to 140 which is awesome. That division is now stacked. Hopefully Mikey Garcia returns as well to 140.

Where does Loma go? He shouldn’t even be fighting at 135 for starters. He’s wanted to fight Gervonte Davis. Hopefully he gets that fight.

That judge was obviously bias because that fight was closer than it was. Loma was on his *** in the 9, 10, 11th round and Lopez looked hurt in that 11th rd but Loma had to respect that power the younger fighter has, but if he kept that pressure on Lopez we would of probably had a different outcome.... but Lopez determination , will, and hunger dominated the 12th rd is what, to me, sealed that fight. Congrats to the young bull he did it and now is a unified Champion! Also, Loma was on an 14 month layoff so that plays a part, too!

Great fight and in todays day and age these fights are hard to come by if the parties are not in agreement PLUS THE MONEY HAS TO BE RIGHT!!!

Julie Lederman should be fired. It was 7-5.....maybe 6-6 at best. That 12th round from Lopez sealed the deal. Either way, not mad at the result.

Teofimo will go to 140 which is awesome. That division is now stacked. Hopefully Mikey Garcia returns as well to 140.

Where does Loma go? He shouldn’t even be fighting at 135 for starters. He’s wanted to fight Gervonte Davis. Hopefully he gets that fight.
I don't think Tank should take that fight just yet. I am still trying to figure him out. I know the power is there but, I need to see him display more technical skills and fight better opponents. It is time for him to up the competition though I don't know if Loma is that guy lol. Loma is really skillful. I am surprised at the way he fought early in the fight

I don't think Tank should take that fight just yet. I am still trying to figure him out. I know the power is there but, I need to see him display more technical skills and fight better opponents. It is time for him to up the competition though I don't know if Loma is that guy lol. Loma is really skillful. I am surprised at the way he fought early in the fight
Terrible strategy. It costed him dearly. Maybe Julie would had at least given him another round if he had done that.

Advertisement
That judge was obviously bias because that fight was closer than it was. Loma was on his *** in the 9, 10, 11th round and Lopez looked hurt in that 11th rd but Loma had to respect that power the younger fighter has, but if he kept that pressure on Lopez we would of probably had a different outcome.... but Lopez determination , will, and hunger dominated the 12th rd is what, to me, sealed that fight. Congrats to the young bull he did it and now is a unified Champion! Also, Loma was on an 14 month layoff so that plays a part, too!

Great fight and in todays day and age these fights are hard to come by if the parties are not in agreement PLUS THE MONEY HAS TO BE RIGHT!!!

100%, us fight fans deserved that fight. Lopez displayed that he's more than a knockout artist. He will be on top for a min. I am sure a rematch is on the table too

Advertisement
Awesone trifecta of boxing this weekend. Tank Davis vs Santa Cruz (Showtime PPV), Usyk vs Chisora (DAZN), Inoue vs Moloney. (ESPN)

Advertisement
That has to be knockout of the year Tank brutally KOd him Santa Cruz was out boxing him seemed like a matter of time before he started to feel the power.
Totally agree. Up until that point, he looked good. But yeah, he got ******* drilled! Santa Cruz shouldn’t even be fighting guys that good at 130 to begin with. He should be at 125. A lot of people think he was looking to cash out with that fight. I tend to agree. Great win for Tank. He definitely has power. I expect him to make the jump to 135 from here.

Random, but I just saw this video where Teofimo talks about growing up in South Florida and boxing in Davie (at Davie PAL I think). Pretty cool local tie-in to one of the major sports stories of the year.

And here he is at the gym in Davie years back. If I'm not mistaken, the kid in the middle is Xander Xayas, who is now a big time welterweight prospect under the Top Rank banner. Originally from PR, but grew up in Plantation and trained at the same gym as Lopez in Davie.

fl-pf-sp-palboxers-0916-20150916.jpeg

Random, but I just saw this video where Teofimo talks about growing up in South Florida and boxing in Davie (at Davie PAL I think). Pretty cool local tie-in to one of the major sports stories of the year.

And here he is at the gym in Davie years back. If I'm not mistaken, the kid in the middle is Xander Xayas, who is now a big time welterweight prospect under the Top Rank banner. Originally from PR, but grew up in Plantation and trained at the same gym as Lopez in Davie.

View attachment 134992

So basically he says, "I grew up' and boxed in South Florida, but it sounds cooler when I tell people I'm all Brooklyn."

Advertisement
Back