The case for Tom Herman as HC (Please don't merge)

Talk to anybody in the know in Austin — known cokehead and wild-animal swinger with his wife.

Probably a fun dude to hang out with, but this is literally the last guy who should be anywhere where South Beach and the University of Miami. He couldn't even handle the rigors of Austin's night life.

Hard, hard, hard pass.
Jesus man take it easy

Advertisement
Talk to anybody in the know in Austin — known cokehead and wild-animal swinger with his wife.

Probably a fun dude to hang out with, but this is literally the last guy who should be anywhere where South Beach and the University of Miami. He couldn't even handle the rigors of Austin's night life.

Hard, hard, hard pass.

Coke?? Swinger??... The Hermans will love Miami

giphy (9).gif

Yeah, if he did that he was just "f**king winning" football games, he'd still have his dream job in Austin and not some bullish*t gig in Chicago with the Bears, so he can still collect a severance.

15-8 the past two seasons and finished third in the division each year—8-3 after 7-3 after his one 10-4 season. Same at Houston—13-1 with Tony Levine's Kevin Sumlin-built squad and went 9-3 following year.

Herman does get his teams up for bowl games—probably because he's yakked up and ready for New Years soirees.

I couldn't care less what dude does in his spare time, but his extracurricular life 10000% impacted his efforts at UT.

Spent my last seven years working with some big brands in Austin and folks with deep ties to the program. This dude is the last thing Miami needs.

I'll take Mark Stoops in Coral Gables 100000% over Tom Herman, thanks.

I would love to have Mark Stoops here too.

I am not connected as you seem to be with insight on Tom Herman's personal life, but I could care less if he and his wife are swingers. She seems cool with it because she is still with him and all. As long as he doesn't beat her as Zach Smith did to his wife, we should be good. As for him being a "cokehead", it's news to me. That's why I would hire a firm and do the HW.

One really bad year at UT and it happens to be the year Zach Smith news broke out. Otherwise, the man has done well as an HC/OC everywhere he's been.
It's really hard to go 13-1 in UH and beat top 3 teams, regardless if it's his players or not.

Hard, hard, hard pass.
I literally posted this on other threads...**** no as Miami is the absolute last place for Herman.
I also heard he slept with people in AD and that the players had tuned him out and led to losses.

Advertisement
I literally posted this on other threads...**** no as Miami is the absolute last place for Herman.
I also heard he slept with people in AD and that the players had tuned him out and led to losses.

How come this isn't reported? With all these unlimited resources I keep hearing UT has, why didn't they investigate it, and throw Tom Herman under the bus with it? I keep hearing all this hearsay. If there is truth to this then UT should've used it to excuse his firing and not pay the buyout money, no? USC did it with Steve Sarkisian. I know they got all this money and all, but to just willingly cough up 15M in buyout when it could be avoided is crazy.

I’d be happy with either one! Stoops or Herman.

I’m not against BOB either, but I think he’d only be here three years. Three and out via the nfl or being fired.

Other than those two, we’re basically trying to catch lightning in a bottle with an up and comer.

How come this isn't reported? With all these unlimited resources I keep hearing UT has, why didn't they investigate it, and throw Tom Herman under the bus with it? I keep hearing all this hearsay. If there is truth to this then UT should've used it to excuse his firing and not pay the buyout money, no? USC did it with Steve Sarkisian. I know they got all this money and all, but to just willingly cough up 15M in buyout when it could be avoided is crazy.
Look just because there is no video of someone snorting a line doesn't mean they aren't a cokehead. Plus, you don't think he had dirt on others?
Come on mang...
Everyone knew that Coach Orgeron had his issues down here in Miami but you didn't see stuff reported either.

Advertisement
Look just because there is no video of someone snorting a line doesn't mean they aren't a cokehead. Plus, you don't think he had dirt on others?
Come on mang...
Everyone knew that Coach Orgeron had his issues down here in Miami but you didn't see stuff reported either.

I'm not saying it didn't happen. I would hire a firm to get do the HW for us. Just weird this man has been an OC/HC in CFB for so long, and it just happened to get reported when the Zach Smith incident broke out. If I am in the BOT and there is a chance to save those 15M, he and anyone he has dirt on can kick rocks the same way. As long as the money is saved.

I'm not connected or anything. It's just the way I see it is all.

Hard, hard, hard pass.
Sounds like my kind of coach
I personally don’t care what a coach does off the field
I want him to do his job well that’s it
And that’s win games

Advertisement
I would be happy with a Tom Herman hire. Yeah he "failed" at Texas but honestly that's such a weird program. It's become the sunken place of college football. Yes they have money and resources but the outside influences you have to deal with (aka nosey boosters) would make it hard for anyone to succeed there. Fans are already starting to call for Sark's head. Remember Nick Saban turned UT down years ago despite them being ready to back up a Brinks truck to his house. Even the CFB GOAT HC realized it wasn't worth it.

I just moved to Elmhurst, IL (northwest Chicago suburb), if someone can tell me exactly where Herman lives here I'll go stand outside his house with a "come coach at Miami" sign to entice him.

Two GOATS turned them down. Meyer too. When a program with unlimited money and a monopoly on Texas recruiting gets the stiff arm from two future HOF coaches, you know something isn't right.

Hard, hard, hard pass.
Sign him up. He'd love the city of Miami

Advertisement
Yeah, if he did that he was just "f**king winning" football games, he'd still have his dream job in Austin and not some bullish*t gig in Chicago with the Bears, so he can still collect a severance.

15-8 the past two seasons and finished third in the division each year—8-3 after 7-3 after his one 10-4 season. Same at Houston—13-1 with Tony Levine's Kevin Sumlin-built squad and went 9-3 following year.

Herman does get his teams up for bowl games—probably because he's yakked up and ready for New Years soirees.

I couldn't care less what dude does in his spare time, but his extracurricular life 10000% impacted his efforts at UT.

Spent my last seven years working with some big brands in Austin and folks with deep ties to the program. This dude is the last thing Miami needs.

I'll take Mark Stoops in Coral Gables 100000% over Tom Herman, thanks.
Please explain the Tony Levin and Kevin Sumlin built squad

Threads like these show how disconnected some of y'all are...

Miami would NEVER hire--much less interview--this guy, no matter how well he can coach football.

Way too many question-marks and presents himself as a tremendous liability. Miami has less-than-zero tolerance for risk.

That said, if the point of this thread is to carry on about guys who would never get hired here, i'll politely excuse myself..

Last edited:
Threads like these show how disconnected some of y'all are...

Miami would NEVER hire--much less interview--this guy, no matter how well he can coach football.

Way too many question marks and presents himself as a tremendous liability. Miami has less than zero tolerance for risk.

That said, if the point of this thread is to carry on about guys who would never get hired here, i'll politely excuse myself..

Yeah, and I politely disagree with your take.

Advertisement
Back