The Case for Jarren Williams

Advertisement
kind of strange..... wonder what's up with all of that

Can’t be shoving your face into random asses, that’s equilivent of taking a sack on third down in fg range. Minus the fecal matter and a rash.

Last edited:
Perry made big boy throws yesterday.

Worst case him and rosier “plaaaa toon” this year and Williams takes the job next year.

Think CMR is covering all the bases. Turning Williams lose against LSU in that atmosphere and in that venue might be a mistake. Might hurt JW more than help. So unless Richt is stone cold sure Williams can handle it I’d wait another week or two before turning over the keys to this Mercedes and let Rosier either win the job on the field or lose it forever.

Advertisement
Think CMR is covering all the bases. Turning Williams lose against LSU in that atmosphere and in that venue might be a mistake. Might hurt JW more than help. So unless Richt is stone cold sure Williams can handle it I’d wait another week or two before turning over the keys to this Mercedes and let Rosier either win the job on the field or lose it forever.
Very good point, kinda like when Kaaya went on the road against Louisville.

Rosier showed more of the same as well documented. He made a couple nice throws. He had some awful ones and took some bad sacks.

Perry showed a strong arm but quickly decided to take off and run every time the pocket broke down...minus one play where he threw the nicest ball of any QB all day. That play was called incomplete but it was a deep throw to the sideline while he was running in between 3 defenders. I believe it was to Harris. The ball would've been complete had Perry thrown it a fraction of second earlier. I don't believe Perry is able to go through progressions. The upside with Perry is he has the wow factor running the ball and the rocket arm. The downside is that he isn't comfortable in the pocket and is a single read QB at this point.

Williams was the most impressive QB. He showed escapability and poise in the pocket. He has the arm to make the throws and was mostly accurate. He also seems to be the fastest QB when he decides to run. Williams is still looking to pass first, even when he leaves the pocket. Williams game I believe is what we all wished Rosier would become last season. What I mean is Williams doesn't look to be great at anything. He looks to be good at everything. Rosier isn't horrible at anything. He's slightly below or slightly above average at everything.

Simply put, Rosier's a Toyota, Williams is a Lexus, and Perry is a Charger with a Hemi.

Last year Perry was the savior.

This year it's Williams.
Two different QBs and situations. Williams is coming in polished and early. Perry came in late and rough around the edges. Yeah, there was a ton of hype around Perry, but I think a lot of that was just wishful thinking. I'm sure there is some of that with Williams as well, but he just looks like a different kind of prospect to my untrained eyes.

Advertisement
Rosier showed more of the same as well documented. He made a couple nice throws. He had some awful ones and took some bad sacks.

Perry showed a strong arm but quickly decided to take off and run every time the pocket broke down...minus one play where he threw the nicest ball of any QB all day. That play was called incomplete but it was a deep throw to the sideline while he was running in between 3 defenders. I believe it was to Harris. The ball would've been complete had Perry thrown it a fraction of second earlier. I don't believe Perry is able to go through progressions. The upside with Perry is he has the wow factor running the ball and the rocket arm. The downside is that he isn't comfortable in the pocket and is a single read QB at this point.

Williams was the most impressive QB. He showed escapability and poise in the pocket. He has the arm to make the throws and was mostly accurate. He also seems to be the fastest QB when he decides to run. Williams is still looking to pass first, even when he leaves the pocket. Williams game I believe is what we all wished Rosier would become last season. What I mean is Williams doesn't look to be great at anything. He looks to be good at everything. Rosier isn't horrible at anything. He's slightly below or slightly above average at everything.

Simply put, Rosier's a Toyota, Williams is a Lexus, and Perry is a Charger with a Hemi.
A QB that is good at everything is a great QB.

Williams just had better coaching in HS than a kid like Kosi would have had. Sure Kosi has been here for a year and in all likelihood has improved, but he started lower because coaching in Florida is so bad. Williams isn't a natural and went from nobody to somebody in high school, so he knows how to get better and the value of hard work. I have no idea who wins the starting job, but it doesn't surprise me that Williams has adjusted so quick.

You had to know Perry wasn’t going to be the guy for two reasons:

1. He’s bow legged. Never in the history of football had there ever been a good bow legged QB

2. He has a weird looking mug (like Wanda from “In Living Color”) and jacked up ‘teefuses’ - that never works out for QBs

I love what CMR has done for the program but unfortunately, I don’t think he has the cojones to play a true freshman to open the season against LSU. He just always seems to play everything conservative.

Advertisement
I love what CMR has done for the program but unfortunately, I don’t think he has the cojones to play a true freshman to open the season against LSU. He just always seems to play everything conservative.

LSU sucks though, so is it really that big of a deal?

Advertisement
Didn’t Kaaya start only because the Sr. QB at that time (I think Williams) had a severe knee injury?

I don’t think so, but perception is reality and the perception is that LSU is a preimier sec program (though they suck)

LSU won’t be easy. One can say their Offense sucks just like our Offense. Their D is pretty good like ours. Should be a low scoring game.

Wait, we've been looking for a translucent QB?

No wonder we've struggled to find anyone.
LOL is that what the article initially said? I also found it interesting that Perry's accuracy problems were "eminent" (not "evident").

Advertisement
Back