The Case for Jarren Williams

Advertisement
True but Richt has had more resources and more support from both UGA and UM (mainly UGA, still a little early for UM) than almost any other coach in the country.

Not sure about that. Georgia has never had a sustained period of dominance that schools like OSU, Bama, UF, FSU, ND, OU, USC have had. The closest was Richt's 2002-2007 run and their ONE national title year like 40 years ago.

Even the great Kirby Smart has only been one game better than Richt over the past 2 years 21-7 vs 19-7.

UGA has never been considered a traditional powerhouse program in spite of these alleged resources.

It’s time to step in to the 21st century. Bama went undefeated, and was one blown offensive PI call away, against Clemson, to win the national title w a true freshman two seasons ago, and just last season, brought a true frosh off the bench to come back and win the national title!

Yeah, on the way stepping into the 21st century did you happen to notice Bama's O-Line?

Critique the Qs all you want - ain't going to have much forward progress until the O-Line gets figured out, and not just to getting it up to average.

I like our situation at qb, because competition eliminates complacency! I rather see the offensive scheme change with packages, which features Dallas Richards Thomas and solid running game. Rosier is not a pocket qb and cannot throw accurately enough to be asked to make big plays. However, Dallas as the H back, Homer as RB, Thomas in slot, with Richards and Cager as WRs...will spread defenses out and create mismatches. Cager or Langham playing H back, Dallas as RB, with speedy set: Richards Thomas Hartley. Red zone offense: FB RB and three big WRs: Njoku Langham Cager! Basically, the talent around the qb will win big games... not depending on an average qb

By the way, I have been very pleased with our QBs being developed to understand the importance of ball security, pre snap reads, and leadership. Jacory, Morris, and Kaaya were not coach properly and was often put in positions to make poor decisions. I rather see another year of an experience Rosier, while Perry Weldon and Williams continue to be developed to college QBs.

Advertisement
I was at the game also. I believe Williams has a ton of potential and ahead of schedule, but he did go against the second and thirds. I’m not taking anything away from him, because he is are savior. JUST NOT SURE ITS THIS YEAR ✋🏼🤚🏼.

Hightower was actually doing the things we all wish Cager would do. Seems like he really knows how to high point the football, he really went up to get that fade also caught one up the middle. He may be the best freshman of them all this year, or maybe Gilbert Frierson

Allison the year before Perry. Olson before Allison and Kaaya before that

Lol no.
2017 (last year) everyone was split on who we all wanted to start at QB. Remember it was between Allison, Rosier, and Perry. So no, Perry/Allison wasn''t "the savior".
2016 (Allison freshman year) Kaaya wasn't losing the job
2015 see above
2014 Ryan Williams was supposed to be our savior....then he hurt his knee and we were forced into hoping that Kaaya could come in during the summer, and beat out a transfer QB, since Kevin Olsen couldn't stay out of trouble.

Advertisement
I'd still be more likely to start Rosier against LSU unless Williams absolutely wins the job this summer. If Rosier looks like crap for a quarter put Williams in there. I hate throwing a freshman in against an average LSU team that isn't at home. JMO

If Perry had it been more consistent in yesterday's scrimmage I believe he would've came out as the starter instead of rosier.wish cmr would've of let Perry have more reps with the 1st team offense.even let Williams have a couple too.think that could've given everyone a better picture of how things shape up.

I think its silly to make these type of assessments after seeing one scrimmage. It's like the backup quarterback coming in and performing well in one game, then ready to anoint him as your program savior.

It is way to early to make any bold statements. There should be improvement by all QBs before and during Fall camp. We'll find out who makes the most improvement and is ready to lead this team by the end of the Fall camp.

What we saw gives you hope that a QB will develop into what you think he will be. You can't make that assessment after seeing one scrimmage.

I think Perry played well. Many thought Perry played the best and said forget the stats because there were several drops. and was nervous in the beginning. They said he had the "WOW" factor. He also made some mistakes.

What I think we can all agree on is that we know what Rosier is and isn't. With Rosier, we probably win another 10-11 games. With the younger QBs, we could also win 10-11 games, but have a better chance to win an ACC Championship and National Championship.

People say Rosier is experienced andn serviceable. I agree. He has experience and that should count. However, what we need are special players at the QB position. You need a DeShaun Watson to get you to the top. I think both Perry and Williams have that capability. They are the future. Rosier is the bridge to the future. The questions is:

"Is the future now?"

Advertisement
If Rosier is our best option for LSU then CMR has failed at QB coaching, recruiting and evaluation. This is his 3rd at the U and this is f@cking unacceptable.

If Rosier is our best option for LSU then CMR has failed at QB coaching, recruiting and evaluation. This is his 3rd at the U and this is f@cking unacceptable.
Yes! 1000 times This! If CMR can't take over a team in December of 2015 that finished 2014 sub .500 at 6-7, hadn't won a bowl game since they beat Nevada in the 2006 MPC Computers Bowl, and had never won their division in 13 tries...if he can't lead them to 9-4 in his first season including their first bowl win in a decade, 10-3 his second season that saw us capture our first ever division title...oh wait...

Jarren looked the best out of the 3 on Saturday. That's crazy considering he should still be in highschool. Rosier is limited and Perry looks like hes freestyling out there.

Advertisement
Yes! 1000 times This! If CMR can't take over a team in December of 2015 that finished 2014 sub .500 at 6-7, hadn't won a bowl game since they beat Nevada in the 2006 MPC Computers Bowl, and had never won their division in 13 tries...if he can't lead them to 9-4 in his first season including their first bowl win in a decade, 10-3 his second season that saw us capture our first ever division title...oh wait...

LC this is year 3 mane’ and don’t forget the reason we’re on a 3 game skid may lead us to our fourth L.

I’m sick of f@ckin’ losing

LC this is year 3 mane’ and don’t forget the reason we’re on a 3 game skid may lead us to our fourth L.

I’m sick of f@ckin’ losing
2014: 6-7
2015: 8-5
2016: 9-4
2017: 10-3

We're trending in the right direction, and our best season was last year WITH Rosier under center. Don't fall into the trap of the Chicken Littles of this board running around yelling about how the sky is falling if we're forced to play 2018 with Rosier under center again.

I like our situation at qb, because competition eliminates complacency! I rather see the offensive scheme change with packages, which features Dallas Richards Thomas and solid running game. Rosier is not a pocket qb and cannot throw accurately enough to be asked to make big plays. However, Dallas as the H back, Homer as RB, Thomas in slot, with Richards and Cager as WRs...will spread defenses out and create mismatches. Cager or Langham playing H back, Dallas as RB, with speedy set: Richards Thomas Hartley. Red zone offense: FB RB and three big WRs: Njoku Langham Cager! Basically, the talent around the qb will win big games... not depending on an average qb

You seem to be under the illusion that "packages" can somehow make up for a QB being unable to put the ball where it should go. Rosier's problem isn't fitting the ball into tight windows, it's getting the ball in the general vicinity of his WR more than 50% of the time.

Whoever gets the QB job will benefit from an improved run game. UM has 3, maybe 4 quality RBs. (Homer, DJ, Lingard, and maybe the other freshman RB). A highly rated FB arrives this summer. With better OL play and the FB leading runs, the RBs should feast. Of course, there are a lot of unknowns here, especially the OL. But if the run game clicks, it will take a lot of pressure off the QB. This could encourage Richt to go with the freshman QB.

Advertisement
Back