The Case for Jarren Williams

View as article
The case for jarren Williams.

Exhibit 1: Malik Rosier
Exhibit 2: Nkosi Perry

Counsel for Jarren Willams rests its case.

Sad but likely true.

Richt is old school unfortunately for us fans. He wants his QB to be so intimately familiar with the playbook and I'm not sure Jarren could possibly do enough to convince him he has....

For me, if you simply know that last year was probably the ceiling with Rosier, why not let the young man grow under fire?

Richt probably realizes he is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. You play Jarren as a true frosh, and only win 8-9, the fans lambaste you for not going with somebody more experienced....pretty clear hat happens with the fans if he goes with Rosier and what we all know happens yet again.

He is always going to tell us it is about the guy that doesn't lose the game for us. I agree, partly....but the Notre Shame showing makes it all that much more frustrating because he CAN also win a game to a degree.

UM

Advertisement
Richt is old school unfortunately for us fans. He wants his QB to be so intimately familiar with the playbook and I'm not sure Jarren could possibly do enough to convince him he has....

For me, if you simply know that last year was probably the ceiling with Rosier, why not let the young man grow under fire?

Richt probably realizes he is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. You play Jarren as a true frosh, and only win 8-9, the fans lambaste you for not going with somebody more experienced....pretty clear hat happens with the fans if he goes with Rosier and what we all know happens yet again.

He is always going to tell us it is about the guy that doesn't lose the game for us. I agree, partly....but the Notre Shame showing makes it all that much more frustrating because he CAN also win a game to a degree.

UM[/QUOTE]
Isn't it ironic that the playbook knowledge should be the case given it seems Malik didn't have that all year? Or if he did in practice, he certainly didn't show it on the field. Or if he had the knowledge, he didn't have the ability. I have to believe that JW could be in a good spot if he gets the reps in practice over the summer and fall camp. By all accounts, including his own actions, JW is clearly a student of the game. The kid has certainly picked up a lot in a short time. He has to get the opportunity in practice, though, going against the 1st and 2nd teams.

if its close to even now, it wont be by week 1 in the fall.

rozier's rate of improvement is much lower than an EE like williams, or even a redshirt frosh who didnt EE like Perry. the younger guys will, on average, improve at a higher rate than the 5th year senior. the fact that rozier cant separate himself is enough to foreshadow his impending demotion.

Year three, forced to start a 1 read true freshman.

Inexcusible.

What's to say he's a 1-read true freshman?

It's my impression that the scenario in which people are discussing Williams gaining the job is because he's really earning it, rather than a fallback option. Rosier is limited, but we know what he is. So the thought is, the scenario in which Williams gains the job, is a scenario in which he is an upgrade over Rosier.

Advertisement
Well everyone can bash rosier but what is scary is no one around the program seems to think perry is beating him out, if anything, the talk is about jarren.

Advertisement
Back