The biggest difference between Miami and Michigan

happy office GIF by PRTG

Advertisement
I want to post but I don’t have anything nice to say.

When Mario lands 4 DT & the number of elite QB as Michigan, then come back here and talk.

Interesting stat that I found while looking up other stuff. Interpret it as you will.

Miami was 91st in rushing play percentage (49.14%). They were much closer to teams like Georgia (50.36%) and Oregon (46.57%) than Michigan (60.26%) and Alabama (59.88%).

Advertisement
Physical, ball-control football still wins the games that matter. Miami tried to establish this culture all year. Our OL is actually better than Michigan’s right now- watch how the NFL draft plays out.

Yes, Michigan is the better team overall with the better defense and deeper NFL talent. But the difference should not be as stark as it is. What’s the biggest difference between the two teams? Game management.

Michigan is 5th nationally in fewest giveaways. Miami is 107th. And despite Michigan using a dozen different head coaches, they consistently make better decisions in crucial situations. They also had a smart quarterback who was at his best when his team needed a conversion.

You can’t be a physical, grind-it-out team if you consistently fail to manage the game. The reason Miami is 7-5 is because the coaches and quarterback did not consistently manage the game all season.
Biggest difference is at QB. You need a QB who is a run threat. Also makes good decisions. Not sold that Emory is that big type of QB who can get us to the next level. Also our DL is not as good. We are still 2 years away to be able to play at that level.

Did Michigan run up the middle on first down 90% of the time, never use play action, never use TE’s in the passing game, over use condensed sets despite having an elite OL, and lose a game by forgetting to go into victory formation?
I saw all I needed to see from our TEs yesterday. I apologize to corch for all the **** I been talking about TE under-utilization all season.

Physical, ball-control football still wins the games that matter. Miami tried to establish this culture all year. Our OL is actually better than Michigan’s right now- watch how the NFL draft plays out.

Yes, Michigan is the better team overall with the better defense and deeper NFL talent. But the difference should not be as stark as it is. What’s the biggest difference between the two teams? Game management.

Michigan is 5th nationally in fewest giveaways. Miami is 107th. And despite Michigan using a dozen different head coaches, they consistently make better decisions in crucial situations. They also had a smart quarterback who was at his best when his team needed a conversion.

You can’t be a physical, grind-it-out team if you consistently fail to manage the game. The reason Miami is 7-5 is because the coaches and quarterback did not consistently manage the game all season.
Can we discuss Harbaugh being there 9 years before anything else?

Our fanbase would have burned campus to the ground 6 years ago.

No I don't want to wait 7 years for results.

Advertisement
Georgia and Oregon are also physical, ball-control offenses. They run efficiently, physically dominate when necessary and protect the ball. They just have an explosive element on top of their ability to control the game.

The OP isn’t saying we should be like Michigan. I would rather be Georgia and Oregon. But the biggest reason Michigan wins is because they do the things we don’t do- protect the ball, manage the game and make good decisions from the top down.
And know the other teams play calls......

Haha our DBs would’ve gotten SMOKED all game today against OSU. Comparing Miami and Michigan is like comparing a pitbull and a poodle. Both dogs who eat, drink, and **** but that’s about it brother

TrumpyCane can tell you don’t watch OSU

This has been the worse their offense is years, they barely smoked anyone this year

Interesting stat that I found while looking up other stuff. Interpret it as you will.

Miami was 91st in rushing play percentage (49.14%). They were much closer to teams like Georgia (50.36%) and Oregon (46.57%) than Michigan (60.26%) and Alabama (59.88%).
Run plays aren't the issue. The lack of creativity is the issue. We run multiple variations of the same play. Rarely are there outside runs or misdirections or draws or anything to break up the monotony and confuse a defense. It's so predictable and puts the RBs in spots where they always have to break a tackle to gain yards.

Run plays aren't the issue. The lack of creativity is the issue. We run multiple variations of the same play. Rarely are there outside runs or misdirections or draws or anything to break up the monotony and confuse a defense. It's so predictable and puts the RBs in spots where they always have to break a tackle to gain yards.
And we still outrush Georgia. Thats with laughable showings against P5 teams and predictable playcalls.

Creativity for sure. And a coach.

Advertisement
Yup and it ain’t even close. I don’t like Harbaugh but lulz at even comparing the two. Madness.

He won 10 games his first two years there, if Mario did that, this place would crown him.

Michigan failed to execute against TCU is why they lost, not style.

No. They lost because they ran the ball too much and burned the clock.

They ran the ball 40 times for about 180 yards.

4 yards a carry.

They barely completed a single third down the entire game, largely because, in typical Harbaugh fashion, they ran the ball too many times to put the offense in third and obvious passing situations.

TrumpyCane can tell you don’t watch OSU

This has been the worse their offense is years, they barely smoked anyone this year
No I haven’t seen much of them. I just watched the game today and made an observation. I have watched the Canes play all year and it’s been ugly at times in the secondary.

Advertisement
One thing that's been left out is Urbans high octane spread offense. He was physical and modern at the same time. When he was coach 10 win Harbaughs (must be nice) was in life support.

Urban have a bad QB? He coaches em up. QB gets hurt, backup gets hurt? Urban recruited well enough and coached well enough to win a Ring.

Exactly. OSU ran the ball a ton under Urban, but did it from formations that made it difficult to predict if the run was coming.

Kirby Smart and Nick Saban aren’t taking summer trips to visit Harbaugh or Mario to figure out how they **** he did that to two defensive geniuses.

Last edited:

Right on. I dont hear this fan base *****in about our run vs pass ratio. Its the the how, the when and sometimes with the who that is the problem.

No. They lost because they ran the ball too much and burned the clock.

They ran the ball 40 times for about 180 yards.

4 yards a carry.

They barely completed a single third down the entire game, largely because, in typical Harbaugh fashion, they ran the ball too many times to put the offense in third and obvious passing situations.
Pardon me but could the 3rd downs be defined as execution?

Also didn't help TCU changed their signs.

Harbaugh is 83-25 at Michigan ( 9 seasons).

three top-5 finishes (assuming this year will be one)
three straight CFP
seven top 25
six top 15s
5 top 10s.
six 10-win seasons (including his first two).

Harbaugh is a great coach.

Advertisement
Back