The big 3

Wait a minute there sparky...you can't have this both ways.

Your post above assumes we're viewing the UF series this year in a vacuum...that our assertion is that we aren't going to Omaha because we got swept at home by UF...and that's the only reason. No...the rest of us are smart enough to look at trends over multiple seasons and trust our eyes about who this squad is telling us they actually are.

Again, it helps to read what is posted in these threads and react accordingly.

tcgrad specifically mentioned Florida in a post about the 2020 season.

You can continue to ignore this and keep thinking that you're making a good point but what you're really doing is advertising how clueless you are.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Also - when judging off of last season, which is most pertinent to what this team is doing this season, we went 3-9 against top 10 opponents during the regular season, 3-10 if you count the loss in Starkville where according to you - no one can beat the mighty Bulldogs. That's more than "just one series" against UF. It's a pretty prevalent issue against top 10/Omaha-type squads.

It's amazing how incompetent you are at reading and comprehending simple English.

Florida wasn't even that good last year. See, you just cherry-pick the examples that fit your narrative. Notice how you didn't mention Georgia Tech (who won the Coastal) or Florida State (who went to Omaha). Why? Because we won both of those series.
Hey dummy - did us beating GT or FSU help our resume like beating one of UL/UNC/NC State/UF would have? Nope. Because GT narrowly won the Toastal over us and FSU only came to life in the postseason. And UF NOT being that good last season as you claim makes it even worse! lol

No, those were perfectly in-line with the issues that were at the core of last year's team: bullpen/middle relief.

They were perfectly consistent with the quality and shape of last year's team. Would've won Florida and Louisville series without scoring any more runs if out pitching would've held up.
And we still have those bullpen/middle relief issues this year, and our bats aren't showing to be as good as last year. That's not good. I hope they turn it around, but that's not a good sign...especially when we do play ranked teams later this season.

So no missed cut-off men or lack of getting a bunt down.
You said you could read, but keep attributing this to me. I didn't say this.

Again, it helps to read what is posted in these threads and react accordingly.

tcgrad specifically mentioned Florida in a post about the 2020 season.

You can continue to ignore this and keep thinking that you're making a good point but what you're really doing to advertising how clueless you are.
Well, did we play Florida in the 2020 season? You're acting like his post was inaccurate for some odd reason. Newsflash, we did, and we got swept by them. And we lost 2 of 3 to them last year. And 3-9 against top 10 teams in the regular season that could have kept us out of dreaded Starkville last season.

Pull your freaking head out of the sand and look at the trends. tcgrad mentioning the UF sweep this season was a continuation of said trend.

Acting all holier than thou just shows how obtuse and myopic you are. (See, I can cast wordy aspersions too...*adjusts ascot*)

Advertisement
Hey dummy - did us beating GT or FSU help our resume like beating one of UL/UNC/NC State/UF would have? Nope.

If we had lost to GT and FSU then you would've included them in your list.

Hence the point goes over your head again.

We could've been a host last year without a single series win against any of those four teams you mentioned. Again, you harp on things that aren't critical to reach our goals. They're just critical to your emotional state apparently.

Last edited:
Advertisement
We are #7 in the Monday poll. We have played UF (undefeated and #1) and we play UCF this Wed (#12). There are 7 ranked ACC teams coming in at 2/7/10/11/15/24/25

This schedule is for real

Advertisement
You're having a conversation with yourself that nobody else is participating in.
You're a waste of time. I had to think thru and realize that this is probably a BrianPiccolo/PeterGibbons burner account when you've already been banned on here twice...and you just came out to play after Jagr got banned again.

Fvck off. You're going on ignore for me, and hopefully a ban once the mods figure out that your shtick has been banned 2x before.

Advertisement
We are #7 in the Monday poll. We have played UF (undefeated and #1) and we play UCF this Wed (#12). There are 7 ranked ACC teams coming in at 2/7/10/11/15/24/25

This schedule is for real
Yep. Plenty of opportunities in front of this team to rack up some impressive wins and set themselves up for postseason play with a Regional host and possible National Seed. There are things that need to be fixed in order for them to get there, but I hope they do it.

Advertisement
Back