The BEST RB on the team...

Advertisement
Until proven otherwise, Parrish is the best option we have. The stats prove him to be our best back in 2023 and 2022.

He gets more out of run than anyone else on the team, turning what looks like a 3 yd run into 5 yds consistently.

He is my pick at RB if we need to score on a drive late in a game.
I bolded sentence in which I am agreement with you. Unfortunately, he also leaves more yards on the table than any other running back. He can turn a sure 20 yard gain into a 7 yard gain, or a 40 yd untouched TD into a 16 yard gain.

Hate to hear that. A Cane blogger posted a video of the RBs practicing ( 2nd day) and I thought he looked good… the lateral quickness and cuts were there… speed seems to be there. I thought he looked the best in the group.. but what do I know

Hope we can get at least a year of a healthy Citizen.. I believe he is the most talented of all our RBs
It takes a year sometimes two for a rb to get back to their normal selves. He also had a setback during his comeback that threw a wrench into things. Pre injury he was big, explosive with quick twitch ( pause ). It’s still early , I wouldn’t throw sand on him yet like Ferman. There’s still five months before the season starts. He has time. It’s just noticeable he’s lost a step early in camp.

Is Miami's medical staff not very good? I'm legitimately asking.
It takes a year sometimes two for a rb to get back to their normal selves. He also had a setback during his comeback that threw a wrench into things. Pre injury he was big, explosive with quick twitch ( pause ). It’s still early , I wouldn’t throw sand on him yet like Ferman. There’s still five months before the season starts. He has time. It’s just noticeable he’s lost a step early in camp.
I agree with Cribby, Ferman is way to premature on Citizen. I don't know what Citizen's setback was, but if he did not tear his acl again; then he really is about 15 months out from the setback in December of 2022. Also, he tore his right leg (non plant leg); which means he can plant and cut okay now like the video shows, but i dont know what he looked like before the video, so I will take cribby's word that he looks as step slower and not as explosive, but that is natural if you have not cut or run hard in a year and half and the brace also slows you down. I want to see what he looks like at the end of this camp and what he looks like in the fall presumable w/o the brace. If he still looks slow noticeably slower in the fall then its time to panic, but I would not write-him off yet. We had a girl on my daughters hs basketball team tear her acl, pcl and mininscus and she came back and played with a bulky brace and was noticeable less quick and falling down all over the place. She cleared the test to play, but she was not the same a year after, but two years after she was very close to 100% and much quicker and more confident. She had money and great rehab, so not sure why Ferman would say something like that so early; hopefully he is wrong as usual.

Advertisement
The Citizen situation is a prime example of why you can never be too aggressive in the Portal.

Each season is a one off & there's no reason to rest on your laurels. Treat every offseason as if it's Championship or bust & push all your chips to the middle of the table for talent acquisition.

The same could be said with the CB room.

We're way too picky for a team that really doesn't win a lot of games & continually has serious depth issues.

The Citizen situation is a prime example of why you can never be too aggressive in the Portal.

Each season is a one off & there's no reason to rest on your laurels. Treat every offseason as if it's Championship or bust & push all your chips to the middle of the table for talent acquisition.

The same could be said with the CB room.

We're way too picky for a team that really doesn't win a lot of games & continually has serious depth issues.
Dude missed 2 years off first carry in 1st college scrimmage.. Uhellth takes no losses.

It’s cfb. Every team has guys that get injured and never recover or are the same. It’s magnified because we know the whole roster here. There’s also a lot of guys that have surgery’s every year and recover completely fine and fans have no idea.

Injuries, especially ACL’s, impact different guys in diferrent ways. Not everyone can recover from some, and some take 7 months vs 1.5 years. I know this is CIS, but I’d be hard pressed to believe we don’t have a good medical staff, seeing as we are a major medical university…

It’s cfb. Every team has guys that get injured and never recover or are the same. It’s magnified because we know the whole roster here. There’s also a lot of guys that have surgery’s every year and recover completely fine and fans have no idea.

Injuries, especially ACL’s, impact different guys in diferrent ways. Not everyone can recover from some, and some take 7 months vs 1.5 years. I know this is CIS, but I’d be hard pressed to believe we don’t have a good medical staff, seeing as we are a major medical university…
As is the case with an injury to any player, the intimate details are legally not revealed and it’s not anybody’s business but the parties directly involved.

Advertisement
AR82: career prematurely ended. Head/ Neck area
Wilder: career prematurely ended: head/neck area
Malik Young: career prematurely ended: head/neck area
Blisset: career prematurely ended: head/ neck area

Chaney: ACL
Fletcher: rumor is Lisfranc
Citizen: rumor is he tore the same acl twice

The above is the reason why our medical staff is always in question. We had 4 head injury retirements just from the mark Richt era…

Regardless of what happened to Citizen, hes on the Chaney path. You don’t miss 2 years and miraculously be a successful back. Need to land 2 studs this cycle bc who knows what will happen to Fletcher

Whoever is in charge of rehab at Miami should be seeking new employment.
IMG_3019.gif

I believe this every time one of our guys gets injured it’s a ******* disaster. Do they let the medical students to the surgeries? Lol

Advertisement
Citizen is the X-factor of the room. If he can contribute, the room is in good hands. If not, we are an injury or two from have a really depleted room. My fear is even if healthy, did he lose a step. It seemed like Chaney did, and Citizens injury must have been worse given he was out so long.

Fletcher seems like the only guy as of now to have an NFL future. I like Fletcher, you need grind it out backs like him, but it did seem like he lacked top end speed.

I hope we can utilize Chris Johnson more this year, and Chris Wheatley Humprey as well. Explosive speed backs can break a game open. Give them some designed plays that give them the ball in space.

Allen is a good depth piece but doesn't seem to be great in any particular area.

Will be interesting to see how Lyle looks in the summer as well.
Agreed my only fear is Fletcher out for 75% of the season. The injury he has is not an easy or quick recovery it’s a tricky one

Until proven otherwise, Parrish is the best option we have. The stats prove him to be our best back in 2023 and 2022.

He gets more out of run than anyone else on the team, turning what looks like a 3 yd run into 5 yds consistently.

He is my pick at RB if we need to score on a drive late in a game.
big fan of Parrish. It’s abysmal year 3 we don’t have a viable option outside of Parrish still let alone an X factor.

Advertisement

The above is the reason why our medical staff is always in question. We had 4 head injury retirements just from the mark Richt era…

Regardless of what happened to Citizen, hes on the Chaney path. You don’t miss 2 years and miraculously be a successful back. Need to land 2 studs this cycle bc who knows what will happen to Fletcher
I havent been on the site much. fletchers injury is career threatening serious??

Add Zion in there too.

Something is up, it’s more than just bad luck at this point.

You can't control injuries but how often do you see college age kids, who usually heal pretty well bc of age and lack if mileage, NOT return from the same injuries and within the same timeframe most other kids do? There's been an odd trend in recent years. That's the topic at hand. Not the injury itself.
Happens literally on every roster half the kids in petal are kids that suffered a bad injury and never make it back benson at Oregon before he transferred to fsu was in the same situation

I'm hopeful we don't need much from Lyle as a freshman. Can't help but wonder if Fletcher was overused, contributing to injury. I'd rather see these high-potential HS prospects eased in at RB, give them time to adjust to college game and develop physically.
These kids carry the ball all game in H.S. Their bodies are young and resilient so long as they are grown properly. I worry about the kids who have massive strength and weight gains from one year because of all the new stress the ligaments and other parts have.
In a perfect world, you can ease Portis in because of #2 and James Jackson, then you don't have to rush McGahee in because you have Portis and then Gore the next year because of McGahee and so on and so forth. We have to start with one guy like that and stack guys behind him like Butch was able to do in the Glory days.

Advertisement
Back