The BEST RB on the team...

If Fletcher had Gus Edwards balance he’d be piling up yards. I don’t see much comparison between how they run at all.

Advertisement
I haven't deviated from that opinion all year. But I will say that he seems significantly slower than pre-injury. Allen is the only one getting snaps with any real velocity beyond the first 5-10 yards... And is it just me or is Don a little too bulked up?
I'm a Don guy - but he's always looked a little chubby to me. Deejay Dallas used to get called fat all the time but Don never does even though they have similar body types.

I agree Don seems to have lost a step - but I don't think he was ever a burner. His rep was a 4.4 guy, but if you look at his Freshman highlights he looks like a mid-4.5 guy. Now he seems like a high 4.5 guy at best.

Fletcher doesn't ever put in his left arm. Literally ever - I can't find a clip of him where the ball is in his left hand.

So when he runs left, he doesn't even have the option of stiff arming with his right. He'll stiff arm when running right.
This has to be one of the most aggravating things when I watch football. Ball in the sideline hand is like literally one of the first things you’re taught while playing running back your first year of football. I don’t get how guys can get this far and nobody corrected that.

I know it’s dumb but when I see a guy consciously switch hands when moving across hashes in open field the coach in me gets excited.

Advertisement
My thought from the jump was Fletcher is like a hybrid of Gus Edwards (running) & Mike James (receiving & versatility)

Didn't want to share that because of the outrage I'd get from the "Fletcher is Derrick Henry" hive - but IMO it's a realistic comp
Only problem is Henry is a 4.4 guy and Fletcher is more of a 4.6 guy. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
I'm a Don guy - but he's always looked a little chubby to me. Deejay Dallas used to get called fat all the time but Don never does even though they have similar body types.

I agree Don seems to have lost a step - but I don't think he was ever a burner. His rep was a 4.4 guy, but if you look at his Freshman highlights he looks like a mid-4.5 guy. Now he seems like a high 4.5 guy at best.
He was the fastest RB on the roster before injury. CJ was on the team yet.

Advertisement
I don't think Chaney was ever the fastest on the team. Pre-Injury Cam & Knighton were faster. Post-injury CJ and I'm guessing Allen are faster.
Wrong Chaney ran a 10.7 100 coming out of HS. Knighton was 11.28 / Cam harris was slower than both.

Advertisement
If Fletcher had Gus Edwards balance he’d be piling up yards. I don’t see much comparison between how they run at all.

Gus had a pad level and balance problem in college, too. He'll get there.

Advertisement
11th Game Update & Observations:
- What a bounce back game from Fletcher. It's clear now he's established himself as the #1 workhorse RB
- Our RB's have 730+ career rushes. Fletcher's 55 yd run is the only run any RB has had over 40 yds. It was great to finally see that.
- I'll say it again - when Fletcher keeps his momentum moving forward good things happen (on the 55 yd & 21 yd TD run). It's the dead stops and falling in love with his cuts in the open field that are working against him.
- Louisville safety #11 Cam'ron Kelly wanted no part of tackling Fletcher on multiple runs. That's what size can do.
- Fletchers 25 yd catch I'm pretty sure was the only downfield pass we've thrown to a RB all year.
- BC is 124th in run defense. They've given up a 50+ yd run vs their last 4 P5 opponents. Our RB's should feast this week.
- Fletcher is knocking on the door of that 5.0 ypc vs P5 teams that we should expect from our RB's

1700661574103.png

11th Game Update & Observations:
- What a bounce back game from Fletcher. It's clear now he's established himself as the #1 workhorse RB
- Our RB's have 730+ career rushes. Fletcher's 55 yd run is the only run any RB has had over 40 yds. It was great to finally see that.
- I'll say it again - when Fletcher keeps his momentum moving forward good things happen (on the 55 yd & 21 yd TD run). It's the dead stops and falling in love with his cuts in the open field that are working against him.
- Louisville safety #11 Cam'ron Kelly wanted no part of tackling Fletcher on multiple runs. That's what size can do.
- Fletchers 25 yd catch I'm pretty sure was the only downfield pass we've thrown to a RB all year.
- BC is 124th in run defense. They've given up a 50+ yd run vs their last 4 P5 opponents. Our RB's should feast this week.
- Fletcher is knocking on the door of that 5.0 ypc vs P5 teams that we should expect from our RB's

View attachment 267261
The Fletcher/Parrish combo is the one the makes the most sense in terms of their skill set. I have seen Parrish get very limited snaps recently and it's still a slight mystery as to how bad he was injured.

There was only a couple of games this year where both were fully healthy at the same time.

The Fletcher/Parrish combo is the one the makes the most sense in terms of their skill set. I have seen Parrish get very limited snaps recently and it's still a slight mystery as to how bad he was injured.

There was only a couple of games this year where both were fully healthy at the same time.
I don't know how hurt Parrish is - but he did get 10 snaps vs Louisville. They're just on passing downs. He's kind of slotted in to our receiving RB, but we don't really throw to our RB's

Advertisement
Back