The BEST RB on the team...

Advertisement
Except almost the complete opposite of Gus lol. When Gus was here dude was like 230lbs trying to dance like he was Michael Jackson, and avoiding contact and getting downhill. Fletcher for some reason is seeking contact over just running into open space.
Happy Joaquin Phoenix GIF

This run right here....is a perfect example of what I can already tell will be an ongoing frustration with Fletcher.

I said after the NC St game "Fletcher needs to improve his open field running. He needs to stay moving forward, use his momentum to maintain his power and use stiff arms. No more D'Andre Swift dead legs."

I can't believe he didn't run to the open space here. Instead he dead leg cuts back into the LB. Even the Ref was getting out of the way & Emory was pointing where Fletcher should've gone.

View attachment 266010
I’ve seen bad vision and footwork from our backs all year, im bouta start questioning the rb coach lol but ill wait till we get some talent

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Chaney being slammed into the ground, tackled by the face mask, fumble/non fumble, concussion a few games ago. And he still runs hard.

It’s crazy that this has all happened in less than a full season. I just wish he was healthy the last few year!

10th Game Update & Observations:
- Chaney had a huge 1st half vs FSU with 7 carries for 80 yds. 3 of his 10 longest career runs came in the 1st half. 5 carries for 5 yds in the 2nd was tough.
- Fletcher had a rough game. People have documented it - but he missed large holes on multiple runs. Hope he bounces back.
- We're 10 games in and IMO it still isn't clear who our best RB is. Our depth has been a HUGE help, but no one's become that alpha RB.

1700177851148.png

It took 7 games vs P5 teams to pass the total yds we rushed for in our 3 Non-P5 games

Of our 3 RB rushing TD's in 7 P5 games - 2 have come in OT

1700178053447.png

I've seen a lot of "If we had Lane Kiffin" posts this week.

Henry Parrish's 2 yrs at Ole Miss are basically the same as 2 yrs at Miami. Sometimes players just are who they are.

1700178591438.png

Advertisement

I haven't deviated from that opinion all year. But I will say that he seems significantly slower than pre-injury. Allen is the only one getting snaps with any real velocity beyond the first 5-10 yards... And is it just me or is Don a little too bulked up?

Advertisement
Back