The BEST RB on the team...

That is possible but he hasn't always made the most of the limited opportunities he gets. I will admit Idk where blame goes for that with so many potential culprits.

If we simply make sure Young is getting the targets vs Horton and Young's current performance continues with the additional targets, Miami is 8-1 and Young likely has 4 more TDs. Young isn't going to win one-on-one opportunities in which he needs speed. Horton should get those deep-threat reps along with BSmith and George.

Advertisement
If we simply make sure Young is getting the targets vs Horton and Young's current performance continues with the additional targets, Miami is 8-1 and Young likely has 4 more TDs. Young isn't going to win one-on-one opportunities in which he needs speed. Horton should get those deep-threat reps along with BSmith and George.
Maybe.

Calling a top 20 position group mid is hilarious.

Not saying I agree they’re a top 20 group, but Jesus Christ.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I said it earlier, TVD is the 2nd best running back

If you want to believe that you can. Just remember that his long run was vs Temple and only after he hadn't run it all year. This gets back to being creative!

If Dawson and Mario had more misdirection, jet sweeps, and delays, you likely would see more long runs that catch defenses off guard similar to the BS run.

9th Game Update & Observations:
- Fletcher became our 4y RB to start a game, and he delivered with a 100 yd game
- Parrish & Chaney were barely used. It'll be interesting to see if that continues moving forward. Not sure if they're still banged up, or if Fletcher is now just our workhorse
- IMO Fletcher probably played the best game of any RB all year
- The next step in Fletcher's progression to make a leap is to improve his open field running, and he can be really good if he does.
- Fletcher needs to stay moving forward, use his momentum to maintain his power and use stiff arms. No more hit the brakes. No more D'Andre Swift dead legs. No more drunk uncles. Run forward with purpose.
- RB's now have 170 runs vs P5 this year and only 2 runs over 20 yds. 0 30+ yd runs. We're approaching least explosive Miami backfield ever territory.
- I'm in the minority here - but I don't think benching TVD is the solution (I totally understand the calls for him to be benched though). But a good running game will be huge in helping Emory or Jacurri if they play.

View attachment 265281
Well thought out.

I agree that we don't have any NFL types in that room as of now. Young needs more touches in the redzone. His performance in the RZ is better than anyone on the team and IF his stats continued at that clip with a ton more opportunities he would make an NFL team.
Is he a better redzone threat than cager? I dont think so and cager is better overall imo he went to uga and was their most reliable guy..And to stay in the nfl he had to play tight end lol

Advertisement
Is he a better redzone threat than cager? I dont think so and cager is better overall imo he went to uga and was their most reliable guy..And to stay in the nfl he had to play tight end lol
Cager didn’t have great body control or awareness. Young can be better than Cager.

Vs

Last edited:
A large number of those were earlier in the year.

CJ - BCU, Temple
Chaney - Ohio, BCU, Temple
Fletcher - Ohio
Ajay - UVA
Parrish - Ohio, UNC
TVD - Temple
BS - Clemson

Bold
the more recent runs.
Yup - vs Pr teams it looks like:

CJ -
Chaney -
Fletcher -
AJay - 26
Parrish- 29
TVD -
BS - 80

FSU has given up a 20+ yd carry in against all 8 of it's P5 opponents this year. I don't care if it's a RB, WR, or QB - we're gonna need some big runs today.

FSU has put up 30 in 14 of it's last 15 games. So we're likely going to have to outshoot them, which I why I think TVD still gives us the best punchers chance. But whoever the QB is or who's getting the ball - we need big plays vs FSU!

Yup - vs Pr teams it looks like:

CJ -
Chaney -
Fletcher -
AJay - 26
Parrish- 29
TVD -
BS - 80

FSU has given up a 20+ yd carry in against all 8 of it's P5 opponents this year. I don't care if it's a RB, WR, or QB - we're gonna need some big runs today.

FSU has put up 30 in 14 of it's last 15 games. So we're likely going to have to outshoot them, which I why I think TVD still gives us the best punchers chance. But whoever the QB is or who's getting the ball - we need big plays vs FSU!

Clemson and Pitt held them to 24 in 4 quarters.
I’ll disagree on TVD. All fsu needs is a couple INTs to make it nearly impossible for Miami to win.

Advertisement
Back