The BEST RB on the team...

Happens literally on every roster half the kids in petal are kids that suffered a bad injury and never make it back benson at Oregon before he transferred to fsu was in the same situation
Yeah so just in case you weren’t aware, Benson actually played football last two seasons.

You responded to a post discussing the alarming number of individuals within our program that never appeared in a game again due to injury.

Advertisement
Hopefully Citizens can become close to the player he is, was, expected to be

McGahee went on to have a nice NFL career and his injury was equally as bad

Yeah so just in case you weren’t aware, Benson actually played football last two seasons.

You responded to a post discussing the alarming number of individuals within our program that never appeared in a game again due to injury.
In fairness, he probably blocked those FSU / Miami Benson revenge games from his mind....

Advertisement
Now that they’ve seen him more than in the past it’s not sounding very positive. This is his first real action and he’s physically taken some steps back. It’s still early in spring but he’s looking noticeably different. The injuries have really set him back. I’m just being honest. Id give it a tad more time though. Let’s wait for full pads.

That sucks

The Citizen situation is a prime example of why you can never be too aggressive in the Portal.

Each season is a one off & there's no reason to rest on your laurels. Treat every offseason as if it's Championship or bust & push all your chips to the middle of the table for talent acquisition.

The same could be said with the CB room.

We're way too picky for a team that really doesn't win a lot of games & continually has serious depth issues.

I think it might’ve been you (or @Brooklyndee) who asked a while back if anyone thought we needed to pick up a portal RB….to which I was and am still in favor of doing especially now. Most touted the room as the best and deepest on the team but I don’t see it. Injuries to starters and non injured are just above average to good players, or freshman that need time in the weight room. No reason not to try and back channel a starting caliber RB in the next portal window IMO. We need a RB who can house it. I think CJ can be that guy but he’s just one player.

Last edited:
AR82: career prematurely ended. Head/ Neck area
Wilder: career prematurely ended: head/neck area
Malik Young: career prematurely ended: head/neck area
Blisset: career prematurely ended: head/ neck area

Chaney: ACL
Fletcher: rumor is Lisfranc
Citizen: rumor is he tore the same acl twice

The above is the reason why our medical staff is always in question. We had 4 head injury retirements just from the mark Richt era…

Regardless of what happened to Citizen, hes on the Chaney path. You don’t miss 2 years and miraculously be a successful back. Need to land 2 studs this cycle bc who knows what will happen to Fletcher
I’ve always been down on our medical team. I’d have to do an analysis of other teams, but just on the face of it, it seems like our players suffer catastrophic injuries at a higher pace compared to other P5 schools.

Hopefully Citizens can become close to the player he is, was, expected to be

McGahee went on to have a nice NFL career and his injury was equally as bad
Willis had very unique genes!! Guy was a freak of nature. I was rehabbing at the same facility after a labrum procedure ... the techs that worked with Willis were absolutely STUNNED by his recovery ... a huge issue in rehab is dealing with scar tissue internally ... adhesions etc that can make the process painful and not always completely successful. They said that he almost HAD NO scar tissue ... the way he healed after his surgery was extremely rare.

Advertisement
everybody loves raymond my posts GIF

AR82: career prematurely ended. Head/ Neck area
Wilder: career prematurely ended: head/neck area
Malik Young: career prematurely ended: head/neck area
Blisset: career prematurely ended: head/ neck area

Chaney: ACL
Fletcher: rumor is Lisfranc
Citizen: rumor is he tore the same acl twice

The above is the reason why our medical staff is always in question. We had 4 head injury retirements just from the mark Richt era…

Regardless of what happened to Citizen, hes on the Chaney path. You don’t miss 2 years and miraculously be a successful back. Need to land 2 studs this cycle bc who knows what will happen to Fletcher
Maques Gayot (who famously body slammed the GT punter) is someone who could realistically be added to the lis. He got injured in 2015, was deemed medically unfit by UM doctors in early 2016. He leaves to go to Arkansas St, didn’t get cleared there and never played a D1 snap again.

Eventually played one year of NAIA ball in West Palm at Kiser but yeah, head/neck injury at UM and he never recovered.

Willis had very unique genes!! Guy was a freak of nature. I was rehabbing at the same facility after a labrum procedure ... the techs that worked with Willis were absolutely STUNNED by his recovery ... a huge issue in rehab is dealing with scar tissue internally ... adhesions etc that can make the process painful and not always completely successful. They said that he almost HAD NO scar tissue ... the way he healed after his surgery was extremely rare.
And with all that said, he wasn't the same after the injury. He still had a good run in the league, but he had the skill set to be elite, had he not gotten hurt

👆👆👆

Sometimes it’s not as much about the injury or surgery and more about the recovery ability.

Advertisement

Again it happen at every program

👆👆👆

Sometimes it’s not as much about the injury or surgery and more about the recovery ability.

It's expectations & reputation too - which are often unrealistic.

Example - Chaney averaged 4.6 ypc before the ACL. He averaged 5.1 ypc after the ACL.

The narrative has been Chaney "lost his explosiveness" when the reality is he's about the same level of explosiveness after the ACL.

But because people had pumped him up to be the next McGahee (which he never was), more blame falls on the medical staff than probably should.

It's expectations & reputation too - which are often unrealistic.

Example - Chaney averaged 4.6 ypc before the ACL. He averaged 5.1 ypc after the ACL.

The narrative has been Chaney "lost his explosiveness" when the reality is he's about the same level of explosiveness after the ACL.

But because people had pumped him up to be the next McGahee (which he never was), more blame falls on the medical staff than probably should.
That does not prove he is more explosive. That proves he averaged more yards per carry.

Advertisement
I think it might’ve been you (or @Brooklyndee) who asked a while back if anyone thought we needed to pick up a portal RB….to which I was and am still in favor of doing especially now. Most touted the room as the best and deepest on the team but I don’t see it. Injuries to starters and non injured are just above average to good players, or freshman that need time in the weight room. No reason not to try and back channel a starting caliber RB in the next portal window IMO. We need a RB who can house it. I think CJ can be that guy but he’s just one player.

Absolutely need a portal RB. Our "best" RB just had lisfranc surgery so who knows how he'll recover. Then you have a decent option in Parrish, a meh guy like Allen, one guy who has lost 2 years due to injury and 2 smaller scatbacks that have potential.

That does not prove he is more explosive. That proves he averaged more yards per carry.
I didn't say Chaney was more explosive post-ACL. I said his explosiveness was about the same.

My point being - in general, we tend to overrate/over-hype our RB's ability when they're younger, so we tend to overstate how much their injuries affected them.

Advertisement
Back