The baseball kid's Senior Highlights....

Advertisement
kid is an athlete. i would love to him to compete for that qb position. ive said it since he committed here, expect this guy to play some ball here. based on interviews i feel like he wants to experience college, alot of people think he will go straight to the majors... dont see it happening just yet.

I remember people used to say that Thompson would be our best QB if he played football at Miami, but he would go to the MLB draft instead. That's what people said on the free football forum on Canestimes, so who knows. :p

Edited to add: Just watched the whole thing. Kid seems to have a big-time arm, and is obviously a dual threat QB with his ability to get out of the pocket and run.

Last edited:
I have heard so many differing opinions on this kid (a lot of people don't seem to think he is a legitimate D1 QB)...but all I know is he is an athlete, looks to have a nice arm, and I especially like his release...not a lot of wasted motion, pretty crisp.

I hope he comes to UM and adds to the QB competition. The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned. We need to find "the guy" - the QB who will put the team on his back and lead us to the promised land - and he has as good a chance as any of the other guys at this point.

Plus he's a stud baseball prospect. Surely he would make an impact on the baseball field.

I have no idea what to expect from him. I'm still not sure if he's gonna come here and play or what.

I've seen him going straight pro in baseball, to only playing baseball in college and not being included in our class, and now I'm seeing him being listed as a third QB in our class.

I'm just gonna wait and see.

Advertisement
Love this kid. Doubt he ever makes it to be a starter here because of baseball, but he's a natural. The opposite of Crow: he doesn't look the part, but he's a playmaker.

To me it didn't look as though he had a "big time" arm. It's pretty good, but not "big time."

Right now he is an athlete playing QB, he has bad mechanics (throws off his back foot, eyes his primary receiver, and throws balls overhand, sidearm etc...) all these points are correctable for sure.

Thompson is very raw at this point but our OC has shown that he can develop QB's. His playing time at Miami is obviously a mystery, to me he looks like a much better prospect playing baseball so who knows.

He may look better on tape than Crow but I would have to believe that Crow has the edge on him from a mechanic perspective and probably knows more about opposing defenses and how to dissect them.

I don't know how much Thompson studies football, he may be a gym rat for all I know. The fact that he stares down his primary guy then run's around looking to make a play, or takes off, leads me to believe that he may not have the decipline or poise in the pocket to understand his checkdowns on a particular play or how to get his team into the right play and attack a particular "area" or "zone" of a defense.

I don't believe he will set foot on campus because I believe he will be a high draft pick in next season's draft. If he does surprise us with solid coaching this kid definitely has the tools to be a good one, he is just raw right now at the High School level which is to be expected.

Ball really pops out of his hands...looks like he's not even trying to throw it hard. Like the fact that he plays free safety also...might be a bit short, but I wouldn't mind him playing football at the U. I'd take him over Crow right now.

Advertisement
To me it didn't look as though he had a "big time" arm. It's pretty good, but not "big time."

Right now he is an athlete playing QB, he has bad mechanics (throws off his back foot, eyes his primary receiver, and throws balls overhand, sidearm etc...) all these points are correctable for sure.

Thompson is very raw at this point but our OC has shown that he can develop QB's. His playing time at Miami is obviously a mystery, to me he looks like a much better prospect playing baseball so who knows.

He may look better on tape than Crow but I would have to believe that Crow has the edge on him from a mechanic perspective and probably knows more about opposing defenses and how to dissect them.

I don't know how much Thompson studies football, he may be a gym rat for all I know. The fact that he stares down his primary guy then run's around looking to make a play, or takes off, leads me to believe that he may not have the decipline or poise in the pocket to understand his checkdowns on a particular play or how to get his team into the right play and attack a particular "area" or "zone" of a defense.

I don't believe he will set foot on campus because I believe he will be a high draft pick in next season's draft. If he does surprise us with solid coaching this kid definitely has the tools to be a good one, he is just raw right now at the High School level which is to be expected.

He throws like an infielder....correctable....but I don't see why you think his arm isn't that strong. Looked to me like it really fired out, especially when he needed velocity.

He's got a cannon. And he's got great intangibles that you want in a QB. I know this gets overrated by people but the kids just a winner. He's the type of kid that the guys on our team will rally around and put their trust in 100%. He's a better prospect than Crow. LSU was really after him from what I heard before he committed to us.

Sometimes highlights can be deceiving. If you get a chance to see a game film you'd see a kid who is actually extrememely disciplined in holding and manipulating safeties with his head. There's a reason he doesn't throw many picks.

Certain aspects to his game are raw...but that's not one of them.

He's got a cannon. And he's got great intangibles that you want in a QB. I know this gets overrated by people but the kids just a winner. He's the type of kid that the guys on our team will rally around and put their trust in 100%. He's a better prospect than Crow. LSU was really after him from what I heard before he committed to us.

LSU? No. But Jimbo and FSU were fans of his

Advertisement
At this point Im hoping that he comes to UM to play baseball. He will be a nice addition to the baseball team.

LSU? No. But Jimbo and FSU were fans of his

+1. Never heard anything about LSU. Some people just throw things against the wall and hope it sticks, lol. BTW, #2 on that team is supposed to be the goods. Sedrick Irvin's cousin. Supposed to one day be a big time recruit, only a freshman.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Baseball. He is going to be passing up a lot of money if he steps on campus here for either sport. Hard to believe he will do that

Advertisement
Back